I'm on cloud friggin 9!!!!

The STL is going to the big show. I am in such a state of euphoria I can't even believe it.

I tried to tell everyone St. Louis was going, it was looking bleak after game 5 in Houston but this team doesn't quit and now we are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!

THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

I just have to say this again...........

THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!

I can't believe it.

We were covering the game and it hasn't sunk in either. We did a live report just after the game ended. The fans were bouncing off the walls.

BF: PM me if you're interested in a St. Louis Post-Dispatch Extra of the NLCS champs; Jim Edmonds in full-out dive from early in the game. I think that may have saved the game from swinging all the way in Houston's favor.

We're covering Games 3,4,5 next week and may go to Beantown for 6 and 7 if necessary.

I predict Cards in 6.

Mike

The STL is going to the big show.  I am in such a state of euphoria I can't even believe it. 

80202[/snapback]

I bet you are! Your passion for the Cards is no secret, and I'm happy for you - You're one of the good guys Brandon. :w00t:

I still can't believe it, the WORLD SERIES!!!!

Ask Cablelady, I was speechless when she called me.

80210[/snapback]

Speechless? Harriet, please confirm this, I think he is pulling my leg! :w00t:

Enjoy the series, Brandon! B)

Congrats, BF. Pujols is DA MAN! The initials "IBB" should be etched in the minds of Sox pitchers in the Series. If they pitch to him, they'd better be very careful. If the situation warrants, have Varitek extend the arm and give Pujols a freebie. This guy can singlehandedly win the Series for the Cardinals. But his supporting cast is pretty darn good. Not many easy outs in that lineup.

It all comes down to pitching. If the Sox pitchers let Pujols, Rolen, Walker & Edmonds mash, it's going to be a brief Series and the Cards will prevail.

Gonna be fun...'46 & '67 all over again.

I think the key is what Womack does....the guy is an asset with his glove, speed and bat.

If he can get his back in shape it's going to come down to if he can get on base.

And as far as last night....Friggin Roger Cedeno triggered that inning. Amazing how the bench can come through like that.

Once he got on the only thing I was thinking was "Dave Roberts all over again".

Warmest congrats Brandon.  But I'm taking the Sox for the series. Hopefully we can have series without a lot of nasty slurs on the board.  Good luck!!

80325[/snapback]

We'll all get along fine, Gidge, just as long as that chick PMS doesn't show up with her on again/off again mood swings. :w00t:

Congrats to the Cards and their fans. St. Louis is a great baseball city and it's been a long wait for them.

Best of luck against the Red Sox and enjoy it BF. Having your team win it all is a wonderful feeling. Maybe in a week or so, you'll have that feeling. Hopefully, you'll be as humble then as you appear to be today, as opposed to how you were the last month or two of the regular season.

The STL is going to the big show.  I am in such a state of euphoria I can't even believe it. 

I tried to tell everyone St. Louis was going, it was looking bleak after game 5 in Houston but this team doesn't quit and now we are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!

THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

I just have to say this again...........

THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!

I can't believe it.

80202[/snapback]

Should be a good series.

Warmest congrats Brandon.  But I'm taking the Sox for the series. Hopefully we can have series without a lot of nasty slurs on the board.  Good luck!!

80325[/snapback]

All of the sudden everyone is acting civil towards each other, including BF of all people. :lol: We'll see if this holds true come Saturday night and beyond.

All of the sudden everyone is acting civil towards each other, including BF of all people.  :lol:  We'll see if this holds true come Saturday night and beyond.

80463[/snapback]

Easy to do when you don't care. Boston can get swallowed in an earthquake for all I care, and I'm a Braves fan.

BF, another clutch performance. Games 6 and 7 were the most electric baseball games i've ever been to. This team is unbelievable!!!!! Last night it was Edmonds and Renteria in the field and Pujols and Rolen with the bats, not to mention the most fundamentally sound manager in LaRussa. The scene downtown was "fandemonium" after the game.

My wife has waited 22 years to see the Cards win the World Series again and the train is still full steam ahead. Bring on the Sox. Can't wait til Saturday. Good luck to you BF and all of Cardinal Nation.

Should be a great series, Cardinals bats will present problems and hopefully the Sox pitchers do to them what they did to A-Rod, Sheffield and Matsui.

Will the Cardinals pitching staff be able to handle Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz not to mention Trot Nixon, Johnny Damon and Bill Mueller?

This is gonna be good.