John Henderson says Stroud in for a "butt whipping"

DIE HARD 1967

Exactly. Stroud is VERY well liked among the J-Ville players.

For sure. Here is a Q&A with Fred Taylor, in which he says he of Stroud, "I just want him to get back to the Pro Bowl-caliber player he is. That's why I push him so hard."

Maybe we're all misunderstanding this:

"What will it be like to have [former Jaguars defensive tackle] Marcus Stroud coming back this weekend? It's going to be a homecoming, with a butt whipping. Did I say that right? A homecoming, with a butt whipping. Yeah, yeah, I like that [laughing]."

Maybe he meant Stroud GIVES the butt whipping. Ya think?

Maybe we're all misunderstanding this:

"What will it be like to have [former Jaguars defensive tackle] Marcus Stroud coming back this weekend? It's going to be a homecoming, with a butt whipping. Did I say that right? A homecoming, with a butt whipping. Yeah, yeah, I like that [laughing]."

Maybe he meant Stroud GIVES the butt whipping. Ya think?

Perhaps he worded it that way on purpose! (lol)

"But Coach Jack Del Rio scoffed at the idea that his Jacksonville Jaguars spent any part of training camp adjusting to life without the beefy defensive tackle. 'Obviously, he was a good football player when he was here and has since moved on. We're going to do well with who we have.' "

Yeah, J-ville not missing Marcus Stroud is like us not missing Pat Williams.

Sounds like two buddy's joking with each other, nothing big IMO....GO BILLS!!!!

Yeah, he laughed afterwards, plus they apparently stay in touch, and the other article says that he misses having him on the line.

Sure, it's fire to Marcus, but they'll shake hands and share a laugh before and after the game.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...330475770.shtml

Yeah, Yeah, right! I hope Marcus Stroud pins this up on his bulletin board!

What a stupid thing to say!

Jacksonville....Life without Marcus Stroud

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-3-12...ter-Stroud.html

Marcus would laugh at Hendersons' comment. I think the two are still great friends that have a lot of repsect for eachother. And Henderson did laugh at the comment right after he said it, because Tuten Reyes of ex-Bills reject fame will be one of the players assigned to "whip Strouds' butt." The other guard is also a back up. And with Chris Spencer at center being the only decent lineman, Stroud should have a field day getting acquainted with David Gerrard and Fred Taylor again.

Marcus would laugh at Hendersons' comment. I think the two are still great friends that have a lot of repsect for eachother. And Henderson did laugh at the comment right after he said it, because Tuten Reyes of ex-Bills reject fame will be one of the players assigned to "whip Strouds' butt." The other guard is also a back up. And with Chris Spencer at center being the only decent lineman, Stroud should have a field day getting acquainted with David Gerrard and Fred Taylor again.

Chris Spencer is the center for the Seahawks. The Jags' interior is comprised of journeymen backup quality players, while their tackles are the good but not great Khalif Barnes and Tony Pashos.

The comments are fine among friends but when you say them to the medial, its a whole different situation

Sounds like two buddy's joking with each other, nothing big IMO....GO BILLS!!!!

I agree, Henderson's words come across as trash talking among friends.

Del Rio's on the other hand...I could see Stroud having those words taped in his locker "he was a good player..."

The comments are fine among friends but when you say them to the medial, its a whole different situation

It's local media. I read it this morning and knew it was a joke, I'm sure most J-Ville fans, and all the players knew it too. Now, someone might try to use it as bulletin board material, but it will probably be seen as fairly lame. This is a non-story.

I agree, Henderson's words come across as trash talking among friends.

Del Rio's on the other hand...I could see Stroud having those words taped in his locker "he was a good player...

Yup. Two totally different situations.

Like somebody would not be able to recognize the Q&A was meant to be "light" considering such blistering topics as "On his iPod" and "Can't stop eating".

Stroud will have a huge game and anything Henderson says is in fun..they r still best buds......on another note, if Mitchell can get thru seattles o-line as fast as he did, wait and see how fast he gets thru the 2nd string o-line of Jax'ville..I see a lot of sacks for Bills front 7

Chris Spencer is the center for the Seahawks. The Jags' interior is comprised of journeymen backup quality players, while their tackles are the good but not great Khalif Barnes and Tony Pashos.

:pirate: That's right, I was thinking about the butt whipping Stroud had just given Chris Spencer last Suncday and confused him with the journeyman center Stroud will be whipping the butt of this Sunday down in Jacksonville, whoever that poor soul (Barnes or Pashos) ends up being. Thanks for the correction.

:pirate: That's right, I was thinking about the butt whipping Stroud had just given Chris Spencer last Suncday and confused him with the journeyman center Stroud will be whipping the butt of this Sunday down in Jacksonville, whoever that poor soul (Barnes or Pashos) ends up being. Thanks for the correction.

:huh: AGAIN. I just noticed that Barnes and Pashos are the tackles. You know, with all of these back ups and unknowns blocking on the Jags O-line, it really is stupid for Henderson, Taylor and Del Rio to be saying anything other then something like: "Marcus Stroud is still an excellent tackle and we have the utmost respect for him." The Jets are giving more props to Matt freakin' Cassel then the Jags are offering to the healthy and super motivated Stroud! I say good luck Jacksonville, you certainly are not making your back up interior linemans job any easier by reminding the world why you traded Stroud to the Bills over and over.

According to some Jags fans, Del Rio and Stroud were at great odds throughout their last season together. So hard feeling are already there. But I have to believe that Stroud being the professional he is, he would play as hard as he can no matter who he is facing.

According to some Jags fans, Del Rio and Stroud were at great odds throughout their last season together. So hard feeling are already there. But I have to believe that Stroud being the professional he is, he would play as hard as he can no matter who he is facing.

I figured that was the case. Funny that a player ends up being more mature than a head coach.

HOLY :thumbsup: ! Where the :thumbsup: have you been? Welcome back Dean! I thought you were a gonner OVAHEAR.

I am a gonner. Way gone.

Just took a break, for a while. I was letting the idiots ruin my day, and we can't have that.

I am a gonner. Way gone.

Just took a break, for a while. I was letting the idiots ruin my day, and we can't have that.

Well it's great to have you back! I lurked for about a year before I jumped in, so I've read a lot of your stuff. It's good to have you back. I took the family on a Florida/Bahamas vacation this summer, and thought of you as we drove through St. Augustine. :nana: