Best offensive lineman you've ever seen?

Tcali

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're talking seeing live in-person, Richmond Webb was the best I've seen vs. our Bills. He gave Bruce fits.

other way around, bruce gave him fits. if you're going by which opposing lineman gave bruce the most trouble, it was tony bocelli. he was an awesome combination of technique, physical skill and attitude. next would be erik williams

other way around, bruce gave him fits. if you're going by which opposing lineman gave bruce the most trouble, it was tony bocelli. he was an awesome combination of technique, physical skill and attitude. next would be erik williams

Nope, no RT other than Boselli (for a much shorter time) gave Bruce more of a problem than Webb. I am quite clear and sure of this. They went toe to toe, pound for pound, move for move time and time again and he really kept ole Bruce as quiet as one could in those days.

wow forgot about dieken

The Browns were playing the Buccaneers when they had the Selmon Brothers (Several years ago)

and the announcers were touting how great they were.

In the middle of the fourth qtr. the announcers (probably that Browns hating Trumpy)

figured out that they had not called the Selmon name one time as Doug

had man-handled him all day. Dieken was great in that he would not practice

all week due to injuries, but he'd show up on Sunday and perform at a top level.

You're probably going to laugh, but I'd have to go with Tony Boselli.

{This has nothing to do with him calling the game on sunday.}

Before he got injured toward the end of his career, he would just dominate people. He had a great career cut short by shoulder issues. :lol:

two ways to measure:

who played at the highest peak (for however long you think it is required) vs who had the best overall career.

in terms of highest level i have to give it to tony boselli. he'd stand up and pancake guys on so many plays, and on stretch running plays his guy would go out of bounds on his side. he was just vicious.

tough for me to say in terms of career. munoz i'd have to go with. didn't see it all tho.

I'd have to go with Boselli, too. Will Wolford handled folks pretty well too.

Anyone read "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis? I watched the Ole Miss - Wake Forest game this weekend. The subject the the book is Ole Miss left tackle Michael Oher. His play can be described similarly to Walter Jones'. Very strong and athletic. He makes it look very easy. He'll go in the first round next year.