Peters speaks to the media

Jerry Jabber

Honestly ... he handled that WAY better than I expected. I don't like how he has handled the whole situation, but the guy stood up and faced the questions today. I am not excusing the last 7 months, I still do not like it, but now it is out of the way and he can get back to football. Frankly, I wish Lynch had done the same thing on the first day of camp ... it's 5 minutes of uncomfortable-ness and then you get on with your life. Lynch still has his deal hanging over his head into the season because he has never talked about it.

As for who owes whom or who picked whom, I am sure he did have other offers out of college ... to suggest that he would be out of football if not for the Bills is a stretch. Once it gets to the 7th round, a lot of guys are better off NOT being drafted so they can pick the situation best for them. At the same time, for him to say he wants to stay because he "picked the Bills" is silly too. If he had said he wanted to stay because he is close with his teammates and likes it here, that would make more sense. But whatever, the kid was obviously nervous and just wanted the whole thing over with before he had to think of another way to talk around the fact it was all about money. I'll cut him some slack on that. Like I said, he earned a little respect back just by facing the music.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really didn't like the holdout on multiple levels..but after seeing the interview

I cant help but like the guy more than I have in the past...He admitted it wasn't a great thing, felt he let his teammates down wants more but didn't get it..ok..he is here and ready..and maybe the Bills promised something?

The guy didnt dodge questions or get defensive or cocky..(quiet confidence).

He wants more, deserves more...no doubt he will get it..when is the question.

After reading/watching him and his upside, not to mention past accolades I am glad this guy is on our team.

To the Bills FO :thumbdown: To Jason Peters gettin' his :flirt: To Brady <_<

Passion is only generated when a satisfactory financial reward is in place.

Only if you're playing for the love of money. If you're playing for the love of the game, passion comes from that.

And I, for the record, think Jason can still go sit and spin. You always have more than one option, so for him to think that sitting out was his only option is pretty lame IMHO.

Look, it comes down to this: Watch the team that plays on the field, and ignore everything that happens off of it. You'll only frustrate yourself.

<_<

Well said.

Now I REALLY have nothing to contribute to this board.

I really didn't like the holdout on multiple levels..but after seeing the interview

I cant help but like the guy more than I have in the past...He admitted it wasn't a great thing, felt he let his teammates down wants more but didn't get it..ok..he is here and ready..and maybe the Bills promised something?

After reading/watching him and his upside, not to mention past accolades I am glad this guy is on our team.

To the Bills FO :thumbdown: To Jason Peters gettin' his :flirt: To Brady <_<

I just wished he had come in with enough time to get ready for week 1. Other than that, business is business. Sometimes business sucks.

I do not know whether anyone has commented on this, but you have to give the guy credit for at least not trashing the Bills while he was out or now.

We have all seen players run off at the mouth while holding out. Peters, by contrast, was as quiet as a church mouse.

We are only better with him on the team. If you have any questions, watch the Bills/Giants game from last year and compare our pass blocking before and after he got hurt.

I do not know whether anyone has commented on this, but you have to give the guy credit for at least not trashing the Bills while he was out or now.

We have all seen players run off at the mouth while holding out. Peters, by contrast, was a quiet as a church mouse.

We are only better with him on the team. If you have any questions, watch the Bills/Giants game from last year and compare our pass blocking before and after he got hurt.

Doesn't matter what he says at this point. He looks bad for holding out. Hopefully he's ready to play at a high level in a week or two and the Bills lock the guy up long term before the draft next year.

Pretty standard awkwardness after a holdout. "Well, I wanted more money, but they didn't want to give it to me so I did the only thing that I could and that was to hold out. But I love the team."

Should be a business as usual for him for the rest of the season. Hopefully he'll be playing at an elite level and we'll give him a new contract that will lock him in for years to come at the end of the season.

Yeah, and let's not forget the "I had to do this for my family" BS.

I don't know for sure, but he's probably referring to "picking the Bills" because he had multiple offers from teams after the draft, even though nobody actually picked him in the draft.

Exactly, UDFA's pick their offers.

I really don't know if this is true. A lot has been made of the fact that Peters "owes" the Bills, because we "gave him a chance." Yes, under the Bills supervision, he became a world class tackle, but he was a world class athlete going into that draft. Anyone who followed that draft closely knew about the special talent that was Jason Peters, a 325+ pounder that ran a sub 4.9 40 time. I really couldn't tell you why a team didn't take a chance on him in the 7th, obviously a lot of GMs are kicking themselves now, but I do know that almost every team was trying to get him to sign as an undrafted rookie free agent. He DID pick Buffalo like he said, probably because we had sh------- ass tackles and he saw an opening there, as it was already assumed he was going to try and play o-line. Yes, Buffalo deserves a lot of credit, but so does Peters himself, and we should be lucky to have him on our team. He would probably be just as good anywhere else.

McNally was the OL coach then and Peters probably saw a great opportunity. I'm not sure every team would have tried him a lineman, they may have tried the TE route. He was lucky to be molded by McNally. McNally made him what he is today.

and the guy makes a good point, everyone quick to say he is hurting his team(family), but he is holding out for more money for his Real Blood Family, which I can see his point. He is a millionaire already, but everyone wants what they deserve. Not saying the way he went about is right, but I can see his point.

Nobody doesn't want more money.

Passion is only generated when a satisfactory financial reward is in place.

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board.

Sorry.

I second that. Look at Mike Williams, 'Nuff said.

To the Bills FO :worthy: To Jason Peters gettin' his :worthy: To Brady :worthy:

What he said. :lol:

That would explain my wife then! :lol:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::lol::lol:

I really don't know if this is true. A lot has been made of the fact that Peters "owes" the Bills, because we "gave him a chance." Yes, under the Bills supervision, he became a world class tackle, but he was a world class athlete going into that draft. Anyone who followed that draft closely knew about the special talent that was Jason Peters, a 325+ pounder that ran a sub 4.9 40 time. I really couldn't tell you why a team didn't take a chance on him in the 7th, obviously a lot of GMs are kicking themselves now, but I do know that almost every team was trying to get him to sign as an undrafted rookie free agent. He DID pick Buffalo like he said, probably because we had sh------- ass tackles and he saw an opening there, as it was already assumed he was going to try and play o-line. Yes, Buffalo deserves a lot of credit, but so does Peters himself, and we should be lucky to have him on our team. He would probably be just as good anywhere else.

I'm being cynical here but maybe the Bills offered him the most dollars? Or he saw a legit chance to play alot at TE or heck even start. I bet he's glad that didn't work out. He's gonna make tens of millions at the end of the year and I'm glad he's back. :lol:

Just saw Jauron's video talking about Peters. According to him. Peters came back under his playing weight from last year, and his body fat percentage was "excellent." Gotta give Peters props for staying in such great shape. And he thinks he can play this weekend.

Honestly ... he handled that WAY better than I expected. I don't like how he has handled the whole situation, but the guy stood up and faced the questions today.

Aye, you gotta give him that, he handled that like a true businessman. Smack aside he did answer everything that was thrown at him and didn't start a media war whilst holding out.

Look, it comes down to this: Watch the team that plays on the field, and ignore everything that happens off of it. You'll only frustrate yourself.

True. Too true.

Just saw Jauron's video talking about Peters. According to him. Peters came back under his playing weight from last year, and his body fat percentage was "excellent." Gotta give Peters props for staying in such great shape. And he thinks he can play this weekend.

Which deserves a big F U to people calling him a lazy, fatass without any knowledge whatsoever.