Peters speaks to the media

Jerry Jabber

This can't be! The Senator wrote him over and over again that he is fat and lazy. :lol:

Actually, I never wrote him, LB, but I did write lots of stuff about him here on TSW - and I'll stand by those posts. And I didn't just call him fat and lazy - I also called him selfish and stupid. He is.

I'm talking about a guy that skipped all the OTAs and sat on his ass in July & August while the rest of the team worked like hell to improve and give us the performance we saw Sunday, then the guy just magically shows up Saturday afternoon - just in time to pick up a $191K game check. You might call that 'principled' - to me, it's just lazy, and selfish.

He accomplished nothing besides letting down his team and the fans - the Bills already said months ago they were willing to talk about a deal, but not while he held out. So, if anything, he slowed down progress on a new deal - that's the 'stupid' I spoke of.

Also got a look at the interview on bb.com - guy looked fat to me, and winded. Also sounds like Jauron isn't convinced Peters is ready to go...

“Jason is planning to play, but we don’t know that until we see him practice and we won’t know how he practices and what kind of shape he’s in until late in the week,” said Jauron. “Jason is probably in very good shape, but he’s probably not in very good football shape and there’s a big difference between those two. It’s not the same as working out. Playing a game is not the same as conditioning to come to camp. We have to make sure that when we do activate him that he is ready to go football-wise.”

Link - Peters playing status to be determined

I hope he is ready to go - it's about time he earned the money he's being paid while the rest of the team picked up the slack he created. Too bad one of those teammates that worked his ass off all Spring and Summer is gonna have to get cut to make room for fat boy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I never wrote him, LB, but I did write lots of stuff about him here on TSW - and I'll stand by those posts. And I didn't just call him fat and lazy - I also called him selfish and stupid. He is.

I'm talking about a guy that skipped all the OTAs and sat on his ass in July & August while the rest of the team worked like hell to improve and give us the performance we saw Sunday, then the guy just magically shows up Saturday afternoon - just in time to pick up a $191K game check. You might call that 'principled' - to me, it's just lazy, and selfish.

He accomplished nothing besides letting down his team and the fans - the Bills already said months ago they were willing to talk about a deal, but not while he held out. So, if anything, he slowed down progress on a new deal - that's the 'stupid' I spoke of.

Also got a look at the interview on bb.com - guy looked fat to me, and winded. Also sounds like Jauron isn't convinced Peters is ready to go...

Link - Peters playing status to be determined

I hope he is ready to go - it's about time he earned the money he's being paid while the rest of the team picked up the slack he created. Too bad one of those teammates that worked his ass off all Spring and Summer is gonna have to get cut to make room for fat boy.

Since the Bills won the game, I don't think you can say he "let them down." Perhaps if Walker had struggled with Jackson/Tapp and/or Edwards had gotten hurt, you could make that claim.

And as I said, he didn't come back fat. Possibly winded and that's the "game shape" to which Jauron alluded. I guess we'll find out this weekend.

And while I disagree with the way he handled it, I think he made his point to the Bills. And ultimately nothing bad happened.

Since the Bills won the game, I don't think you can say he "let them down." Perhaps if Walker had struggled with Jackson/Tapp and/or Edwards had gotten hurt, you could make that claim.

Yeah, VOR, he did let the team down. I think I can safely make that point. Walker had to adjust to a new position, the whole line had to be shuffled to fill in for the absent Peters. Now, it's gonna have to be shuffled again. Walker nearly broke his arm in a preseason game playing Peters position. The OL was thin, and all the guys had to take extra reps in practice 'cause Peters was home on the couch. The coaches had to work overtime to get the OL adjusted and ready. Now they gotta work overtime to get Peters ready. Just because the coaches and the rest of the team were able to overcome that adversity, doesn't mean Peters didn't let the team down. Damned right he let the team down.

And please don't take this the wrong way, but do you need eyeglasses or something? 'Cause I've seen the guy up close - sat a couple tables away from him at Cozumel and, no matter what kind of shape he's in, Peters IS and always will be FAT. :lol:

Yeah, VOR, he did let the team down. I think I can safely make that point. Walker had to adjust to a new position, the whole line had to be shuffled to fill in for the absent Peters. Now, it's gonna have to be shuffled again. Walker nearly broke his arm in a preseason game playing Peters position. The OL was thin, and all the guys had to take extra reps in practice 'cause Peters was home on the couch. The coaches had to work overtime to get the OL adjusted and ready. Now they gotta work overtime to get Peters ready. Just because the coaches and the rest of the team were able to overcome that adversity, doesn't mean Peters didn't let the team down. Damned right he let the team down.

I can't say that I'm unhappy that the coaches and players had to work harder. And I'm sure that if you polled the players and coaches, it's water under the bridge already. Ultimately, no harm no foul, and the Bills found out they have that OT depth that obie wan was crying for. :lol:

And please don't take this the wrong way, but do you need eyeglasses or something? 'Cause I've seen the guy up close - sat a couple tables away from him at Cozumel and, no matter what kind of shape he's in, Peters IS and always will be FAT. :lol:

Fine. "Fat" for an OL is a relative term.

The only thing that makes me nervous about the holdout is that he'll get hurt if he tries to rush back. Unfortunately that's what usually happens after long holdouts. The player tries to rush back and either gets seriously hurt or has to deal with nagging injuries all season. Jauron should work him back in slowly if he can. If Jason can make it through the first few weeks without getting dinged up, then the holdout may actually work to the team's benefit because he'll be fresher at the end of the season.

The only thing that makes me nervous about the holdout is that he'll get hurt if he tries to rush back. Unfortunately that's what usually happens after long holdouts. The player tries to rush back and either gets seriously hurt or has to deal with nagging injuries all season.

Examples?

I can't say that I'm unhappy that the coaches and players had to work harder. And I'm sure that if you polled the players and coaches, it's water under the bridge already. Ultimately, no harm no foul, and the Bills found out they have that OT depth that obie wan was crying for. :rolleyes:

Well, VOR, you might feel differently if Walker had shattered his forearm against the Colts while filling in for the absent Jason Peters - but in the end, maybe the only harm that Peters caused is to himself...

Link

Well, VOR, you might feel differently if Walker had shattered his forearm against the Colts while filling in for the absent Jason Peters - but in the end, maybe the only harm that Peters caused is to himself...

Link

Did you just cite a realfootball365 article? That's your reference? You've got to be kidding.

So the guy didn't show up at 460 pounds like you figured and now it's resorting to blog-level articles to CYA? Give it a rest already.

Did you just cite a realfootball365 article? That's your reference? You've got to be kidding.

So the guy didn't show up at 460 pounds like you figured and now it's resorting to blog-level articles to CYA? Give it a rest already.

Couldn't care less about CMA - just sayin' how I feel about the guy. I know you don't agree.

I just love Vic Carucci's comments

Jason Peters staged one of the most pointless holdouts in recent NFL history. After a 43-day protest resulting in about $650,000 in fines, the Bills' Pro Bowl offensive tackle returned to the fold a day before the season opener against Seattle because he said he received assurances the team would be open to restructuring a contract that has three years remaining. Russ Brandon, the Bills' first-year chief operating officer, had been open to that possibility all along, so Peters' holdout didn't prompt something that wasn't already available at the start of training camp … or offseason workouts, for that matter. The bottom line was that Peters' agent, Eugene Parker, was certain he could come out on top in a stare-down with a rookie COO. Brandon never blinked and was prepared to go the whole season without Peters. The Bills made their case even stronger with an impressive showing by the offensive line without Peters against the Seahawks. Now that Peters is back, their chances for a postseason run look even better.

:censored:

And as I said, he didn't come back fat. Possibly winded and that's the "game shape" to which Jauron alluded. I guess we'll find out this weekend.

And while I disagree with the way he handled it, I think he made his point to the Bills. And ultimately nothing bad happened.

How can you say that? Haven't you heard? It was the greatest betrayal since Judas, the players all hate his guts, he is a has-been, he was covering up a devastating injury, he kills kittens and it was him on the grassy knoll.

So according to Jason Peters, he was always healthy, 100% now, ready to play Sunday, he just wanted more money, the Bills wouldn't negotiate with him, there was nothing to talk about because there was a stalemate, and there was communication between his agent and the team, and the Bills called his agent last week. He feels like he let his teammates down but doesn't regret the holdout. It really was always that simple, and obvious.

WHAT?!! I thought it was obvious that he had serious mental issues and his surgery was botched and he was trying to cash in on a contract knowing that he'd never play in the NFL again. I'm not sure how you could sugget otherwise.

Link

Yeah, no way he would have got hurt had he played RT instead of LT that game. Your logic is flawless. Jason also wasn't around when Marshawn ran over your girlfriend, I guess that's his fault. Who knows, maybe Russia wouldn't have invaded Georgia....I guess we'll never know for sure but it really makes you think.

So according to Jason Peters, he was always healthy, 100% now, ready to play Sunday, he just wanted more money, the Bills wouldn't negotiate with him, there was nothing to talk about because there was a stalemate, and there was communication between his agent and the team, and the Bills called his agent last week. He feels like he let his teammates down but doesn't regret the holdout. It really was always that simple, and obvious.

Hmmm....that sounds vaugely familiar Kelly, where have I heard that before, give me a minute...it'll come to me. :censored:

WHAT?!! I thought it was obvious that he had serious mental issues and his surgery was botched and he was trying to cash in on a contract knowing that he'd never play in the NFL again. I'm not sure how you could sugget otherwise.

Wish I had the time to search out all the posts that said they don't want him back.