Peters speaks to the media

Jerry Jabber

Since the Bills won the game, I don't think you can say he "let them down." Perhaps if Walker had struggled with Jackson/Tapp and/or Edwards had gotten hurt, you could make that claim.

And as I said, he didn't come back fat. Possibly winded and that's the "game shape" to which Jauron alluded. I guess we'll find out this weekend.

And while I disagree with the way he handled it, I think he made his point to the Bills. And ultimately nothing bad happened.

Since the bills won the game, do you actually think the guy is starting this weekend? He should have been in otas and camp to learn the different viariations in the offense and to get in game shape, he hurt the team and i hopee he hurt his chances at a new deal atleast until after the season. I agree with most of what senator said and the focal point was he was selfish and if you ask me it got him nowhere!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love Vic Carucci's comments

:censored:

I think the correct thing in Carucci's article is that he Bills won a staredown with Peters but the reality is that it takes two sides to have a stare down and I think folks are being naive if they try to absolve the Bills of any part or blame in what was really two sides acting juvenile in what will need to be a partnership if the Bills plan to go deep in the playoffs.

Perhaps it will all workout that the Bills get lucky and can in fact staredown Peters and force him to live up to his agreement. If so great.

However, one only has to look at reality to see how close the Bills came to actually losing the services of Walker if he has been more badly injured in the Colts game. Fortunately, the wounding was only temporary and in addition, Chambers seemed to have stepped up nicely and only gave up one sack to a very good opponent Kenny.

However, it is easy to see how it could have been a lot worse.

I think most Bills fans hope it all works out (and also hope that the silliness involving the lack of communication with Crowell had nothing to do with the lack intelligent conversation with Peters.

I think the facts of the case are certainly that it would be a risk to show Peters more money in exchange for an even longer commitment to the Bills, but from this fans view the Bills certainly have the contractual right to have Peters absorb all the risk by playing out his agreement, but exerting one's contractual "rights" and doing the right thing (both in terms of the reality of Peters market value IF in fact this we truly operated in a free market instead of the NFL and NFLPA agreeing to restrain free trade in the CBA.

Sure, I agree Peters is being juvenile, but folks should also see that there is nothing in that which means the Bills are acting like adults. The adult thing to do would be for the two sides to intelligently share the risk by the Bills showing him a nice chunk of change up front and in exchange getting more years committed.

Since the Bills do have a legal right to Peters services, the deal would not be for what Peters would get if in fact there was a free market. However, there are lots of mechanisms which can be used by the two parties to formulate a deal which gives Peters more chunks of change than he imagined up front but either stalls the money laid out to him by giving a guarantee but stalling payment or gives no guarantee but signs a base contract for huge amounts which forces another settlement at a later date that the Bills can walk away from if they choose.

In addition there are options which can be negotiated to share the risk. Perhaps one may choose to heap all the blame on Peters and believe he demanded all the money and refused to talk when the Bills said no. Maybe you want to heap all the blame on the Bills for refusing to give him any money until he proved himself for another year,

THIS DOES NOT MATTER IN TERMS OF ASSIGNING BLAME as both parties really only win when they make a deal and regardless of who started it both parties failed to make a deal.

Both the Bills and Peters come off as juveniles in my book.

Since the bills won the game, do you actually think the guy is starting this weekend? He should have been in otas and camp to learn the different viariations in the offense and to get in game shape, he hurt the team and i hopee he hurt his chances at a new deal atleast until after the season. I agree with most of what senator said and the focal point was he was selfish and if you ask me it got him nowhere!

I have a feeling that since Peters kept himself in shape during his holdout, he also got a hold of the Bills' playbook and studied it.

I just love Vic Carucci's comments

:thumbsup:

This was also spot-on...

Finally back and talking, he’s still damaged his team by both missing a huge opportunity to get even better and thinking that ignoring his present contract is the best way to get a new deal, a ridiculous negotiation ploy that brought to mind George Costanza’s dealings with NBC...

Peters owes the Bills, who signed the undrafted tight end in 2004 and made him into a star O-lineman. Without Buffalo's vision of him as a tackle, Peters would currently be a fringe tight end fighting to make a roster; skipping camp in that scenario would be a reality forced upon him, not an option. Instead, Peters phrases it like he chose Buffalo out of all the teams that didn’t pick him, the exact attitude one would expect from a player who thinks he’s doing everyone else a favor by showing up a month and a half late for work.

Link

I didn't like the holdout. The Bills rewarded him with a contract extension after we saw how good he was developing. The way he went about the holdout was a slap in the face to the organization that molded him into the high-quality player that he is. I'm glad he's back, and hopefully this will help the team out as Peters will be fresher towards the end of the year since he missed the OTA's, mini-camp, training camp & pre-season.

He comes across as a d^ck. The Bills are crazy if they re-work his contract before Evans.