Mighty Taco

portisizzle

No, Sorry . . . Your Buffalo resident card has been rejected. Duff's wings are by far the best because:

1) They use smallish wings which allow them to be fully cooked. (there is nothing worse than half cooked "jumbo" wings) :sick:

2) The wings are always crispy, not soggy.

3) The sauce. Lots of it. I like my orange lipstick when I'm done.

4) HEAT. and lots of it.

5) Atmosphere . . .and by atmosphere i mean hot waitresses in skin tight t-shirts. :angry:

We have a winner. All valid points. That is why I prefer Duff's as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some locations don't sell Loganberry anymore. Very sad.

Like Plez said... It is too damn sweet. :( Also, JF had a good point about being cheap and fast. I think MT is more nostalgia for me. Maybe I have been away too long, Sahlen's doesn't even taste good at times (as I would rather sit chomping on a Best's Kosher or Red Hot Chicago dog).

I still have love the BFLO food though... Can't get enough Weber's (IMO, makes a Chicago dog or Maxwell Street Polish taste even better!)... :rolleyes:

Like Plez said... It is too damn sweet. :( Also, JF had a good point about being cheap and fast. I think MT is more nostalgia for me. Maybe I have been away too long, Sahlen's doesn't even taste good at times (as I would rather sit chomping on a Best's Kosher or Red Hot Chicago dog).

I still have love the BFLO food though... Can't get enough Weber's (IMO, makes a Chicago dog or Maxwell Street Polish taste even better!)... :rolleyes:

Had off yesterday & went to MT with my 4yr old(for some reason he wanted tacos). I think this was the first time I went in there all year. Once I took a bite out of my taco I remember why. The place is totally overrated by former WNYers that just miss bflo's food. Taco Bell is better & just for the record I think taco bell sucks too.

Fellas,

I am here in Buffalo with my Bills fan brother. We have been riding by these Mighty Taco locations. So we broke down and made the purchase.

Jesus. What a bad freaking taco. I asked the guy at the window if the "Mighty Taco" was better than Taco Bell.

Ahh, no. :cry:

We bought six of these things. I am conviced that they use Kaopectate in the secret sauce. We have four left so if someone wants the rest, give me a shout.

:lol:

Dude! What planet are you from :D ? Taco Bell sucks the ingredients are weak and old and there is enough sodium in there to stop your heart. Now I will agree that at my age the Mighty is no longer the way to go ( although I will indulged and pay the price now and then). I recommend the large chicken fajita, all white meat with fresh lettuce and tomato, I get mine with sour cream and hot sauce ;) . Heavenly and a staple of Buffalo :death: . A sub-par Taco Bell product has never entered my house :( Long live Mighty Taco

Last year my wife and I went to Mighty Taco. She'd never been there before and I didn't talk about it at all (other than to annoy her with the "Mighty Taco... Mighty Taco... Mighty Taco...." commercial. :( )

Anyway, to make a long story short, she LOVED it and said it didn't even come close to Taco Bell. She makes a point to go there every time we visit WNY now. So no, it's not some nostalgia from WNY-lovers. It's just better.

Dude! What planet are you from :cry: ? Taco Bell sucks the ingredients are weak and old and there is enough sodium in there to stop your heart. Now I will agree that at my age the Mighty is no longer the way to go ( although I will indulged and pay the price now and then). I recommend the large chicken fajita, all white meat with fresh lettuce and tomato, I get mine with sour cream and hot sauce :lol: . Heavenly and a staple of Buffalo :death: . A sub-par Taco Bell product has never entered my house :( Long live Mighty Taco

Good choice. The chicken fajita (I have no idea why they call it that) is the way to go.

Last year my wife and I went to Mighty Taco. She'd never been there before and I didn't talk about it at all (other than to annoy her with the "Mighty Taco... Mighty Taco... Mighty Taco...." commercial. :( )

Anyway, to make a long story short, she LOVED it and said it didn't even come close to Taco Bell. She makes a point to go there every time we visit WNY now. So no, it's not some nostalgia from WNY-lovers. It's just better.

I grew up in the Albany area with no connection to WNY other than the Bills. A good friend of mine went to U of R and is now in his 3rd year at UB Law, and is sadly a Jets fan, but we've made it to every Bills Jets game at the Ralph since 2003. Anyway, when he was at U of R, we always hit up Tahoe's on the night I arrived (Friday) and would get Duff's on the Saturday before the game. However, Mighty Taco has now replaced Tahoe's, and I gotta say I look forward to it everytime. It's the nacho cheese. It's delicious, better than T Bell. Also, La Nova pizza is the s***! We get that on occasion if I'm staying after the game on Sunday. Trying to make it a Buffalo double header by going to the Sabres-Caps game on the Saturday before the Jets game this year (at least my buddy's a sabres fan). Man, I can't wait for that Mighty Taco!

If your tacos look like this as opposed to this you're not eating tacos...you're eating a gringo's interpretation of tacos.

I make my own tortillas, fill with a tasty meat mixture, and roll, holding it together with toothpicks, and fry in oil until crispy. Yummy! And pork carnitas are delicious! This gringo loves true Mexican flavors!

I make my own tortillas, fill with a tasty meat mixture, and roll, holding it together with toothpicks, and fry in oil until crispy. Yummy! And pork carnitas are delicious! This gringo loves true Mexican flavors!

I actually just read the menu I linked to. When your choices of tacos are Beef, chicken and veggie you have a serious taco deficiency problem.

I actually just read the menu I linked to. When your choices of tacos are Beef, chicken and veggie you have a serious taco deficiency problem.

I think we can all agree that if you want some good Mexican food, you should go where the Mexicans are. Now, substitute any other ethnicity for 'Mexican' and you're good to go.

Mexico is, (IMHO) a far and away the leader in the culinary arts amongst 3rd world countries. Seriously. I'd give Brazil a distant 2nd (though they're quickly moving into the industrial sphere). Jamaica and India hava some good food, too. Of course, in Charlotte the only thing I've been able to find that's decent is some typical strip-mall Chinese. :(

I have to say that, Mighty Taco is not so good unless you are very drunk, and it is very late at night. Then, it's tolerable if you can get really hot sauce on it.

Taco Bell is NEVER good...EVER, it is generic, tasteless fast-food garbage. I can't believe it was referred to as a "restaurant".

And, yes, Duffs wings are better than Anchor wings. But, there are many places with terrific wings in WNY.