Has Youboty earned the nickle CB spot?

Youboty  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Has he earned the nickle spot?

• Yes
    • No

I was an outspoken critic of Ashton Youboty (Youpwnedme) last season and prior to the preseason this year, I was wrong.

He looks to be far more prepared to play than either McKelvin or Corner and as for James, I haven't seen anything.

I think that he's earned the NB spot atleast. I think he should also get increasing starting reps as well because we are likely to let Greer walk at the end of the season. He's going to be offered too much money elsewhere. Youboty has definitely stepped it up in the pre-season so far and let's just hope that it carries over.

I think he should, don't like that James guy at all. I think he is a goner. corner is such a plesent surprise as well, we are good at DB this year IMO. I hope Greer can be kept after the season, he stepped up big last year and I really think he is still improving. I am excited to see the way they play this year.

I was an outspoken critic of Ashton Youboty (Youpwnedme) last season and prior to the preseason this year, I was wrong.

He looks to be far more prepared to play than either McKelvin or Corner and as for James, I haven't seen anything.

After 3 years he looks more prepared than rookies? That's not high praise. You need a probably and a possibly on your poll. He's sucked for 3 years and in one pre-season looks good. I'm pretty sure he'll earn a spot but not positive. Hopefully someone will trade for him.

I think he should, don't like that James guy at all. I think he is a goner. corner is such a plesent surprise as well, we are good at DB this year IMO. I hope Greer can be kept after the season, he stepped up big last year and I really think he is still improving. I am excited to see the way they play this year.

Funny how, right now, Corner looks better than McKelvin. BTW, I'm eating a big plate of crow for breakfast this morning because I said Corner was a reach. :thumbsup:

It's gratifying to see Youboty have such a strong camp. Other than getting beat deep against Pittsburgh, he has been consistently making plays all summer and deserves a spot on the roster. Maybe he has finally grown up.

After 3 years he looks more prepared than rookies? That's not high praise. You need a probably and a possibly on your poll. He's sucked for 3 years and in one pre-season looks good. I'm pretty sure he'll earn a spot but not positive. Hopefully someone will trade for him.

Funny how, right now, Corner looks better than McKelvin. BTW, I'm eating a big plate of crow for breakfast this morning because I said Corner was a reach. :thumbsup:

Well, Youboty is 1 year older than Mckelvin, and 1 year younger than Corner...He was a first round talent who came out for the draft too early. Hopefully he's just coming into his own now. The last thing I'd want is to trade a guy like that for a mid round pick, which is all we'd get for him.

Just to be clear - he finally gets past the personal and health issues that nagged him the first two years (this is his third season, not his fourth) and in the preseason for his third season he starts showing signs of development in his NFL game and maturity, and you want to trade him off?

If this preseason version of Youboty is the real deal, then we could finally be showing signs of having a very solid defensive secondary, and that should leave our scouts to focus on other positions next spring.

I think that he's earned the NB spot atleast. I think he should also get increasing starting reps as well because we are likely to let Greer walk at the end of the season. He's going to be offered too much money elsewhere. Youboty has definitely stepped it up in the pre-season so far and let's just hope that it carries over.

I forsee greer being extended b4 the season is over...Kind of what happened when McGee started to prove himself. In todays league, you need 3 viable corners. With what McKelvin has shown us to date, I think it makes it more of a priority to keep Greer.

Yes. I watched him at camp this summer and he looked the best of the lot. he is tall, and physical. he stood out over the others. greer looked good too. but ashton has a nice first step, good balance. he turns his head back to the ball nicely. good technique and postioning. good top end speed to stay with receivers. i especially like his arm and hand work the frist 5 yards where he checks guyss -- and 'chucks' them. he played against great players at OSU. he came out a junior, and was really immature. he is settling in. i trust levy on this pick - he wanted ashton bad.

he has a nose for the ball and needs more seasoning. dont forget the injuries he had and his mothers death. so, all in all, he will be a nickle guy. i ilike him.

It's gratifying to see Youboty have such a strong camp. Other than getting beat deep against Pittsburgh, he has been consistently making plays all summer and deserves a spot on the roster. Maybe he has finally grown up.

We were in a Cover 2, Youboty was playing short and Wilson was supposed to be covering long over the top. It was actually Wilson's fault for not getting over.

Funny how, right now, Corner looks better than McKelvin. BTW, I'm eating a big plate of crow for breakfast this morning because I said Corner was a reach. :lol:

Fear the Roo, my friend, FEAR THE ROO!!!!

GO AKRON ZIPS!!!!!!!!!

It is just a coincidence that i graduated from that fine Ohio institution of higher learning. :thumbsup: