edwards will be the next brady/roethlisberger

robert

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of the Mannings & Brady have Very Good arms, now Chadwick Pennington......... that is a SMART QB without a great arm.

Brady does not have a "very good arm." Jim Kelly had a "very good arm." Brady's arm ranges from average to good.

What makes Brady a great quarterback is the fact that he is the polar opposite of Losman. Brady is accurate, has great touch, doesn't do the "bunny hop," and wins football games.

I agree, that's why I keep arguing with the "stat boys" who say they're not sold on Edwards based on last years stats. I've been watching football for over 40 years & sometimes you can see the greatness before you get the stats.
When did this ability to see greatness kick in? Did it take the whole 40?

I'm on 45 years of football watching and still waiting

Brady does not have a "very good arm." Jim Kelly had a "very good arm." Brady's arm ranges from average to good.

What makes Brady a great quarterback is the fact that he is the polar opposite of Losman. Brady is accurate, has great touch, doesn't do the "bunny hop," and wins football games.

you forgot has a better team

LOL..poor guy...he used to date a girl from East Rochester...some of you might remember her....Julie Lynn Cialini...Playboy Playmate...94 or 95 I think it was..I sold her a insert card of Jim's when I bumped into her at a card shop in Webster..she was putting together a book of all his insert rookie cards..

I ran into the two of them with Julie's parents at a pizza shop in East Rochester one day. My Co-worker went to high school with Julie and she introduced Drunkenmiller to us. He seemed like a real a$$ and she is not nearly as hot without the airbrushing. (still hot obviously)

i know this is a bit premature but i know a great qb when i see one and the thing that separates the average from the great is a field general who can process a defense quickly and adapt during the game as a qb. i mean calling ur own plays and dictating to the offense. this is what u see from manning and brady, they dont have great arms or great o-lines, they r 3 steps ahead of everyone else where it counts. edwards is extremely smart and has a solid o-line, with evans parrish reed and hardy u might see lightning strike again in buffalo. having a great qb is what counts and is the only way to win in this league, bottom line. bill walsh told levy about edwards and i can guarantee u walsh wasnt wrong.

Manning has a cannon arm and Brady is one of the most accurate passers I've ever seen (deep or short routes). Trent has potential, but it is WAY TOO EARLY to be grouping the guy with the "elites" in today's game. He is smart and processes info well, but he has to bring it all together on a consistent basis on the field before I would even dare to put him there with these other guys. I hope I can one day, but he's not there yet.

You must not have seen the Super Bowl. The throws Brady made at the end of the game were VERY GOOD. He didn't connect with Moss but came VERY close, on some LONG throws.

While it's definitely too early to tell, I actual share the thoughts of the OP to an extent. I see a lot of the little things in Trent that you see in Brady. That being said, that bum from New England will go down as one of the greatest QBs ever. I don't think Trent will get that far but he should be right under that elite level which currently features Brady and Manning.

I agree, that's why I keep arguing with the "stat boys" who say they're not sold on Edwards based on last years stats. I've been watching football for over 40 years & sometimes you can see the greatness before you get the stats.

Why do they say that Edwards was 5 and 4 as a starter.Did he win those games or did the team win the games?He had 4 tds againts Miami and three the rest of his starts.Kyle Orton played alot games as a rookie for the Bears and they won alot of games that year.Does that mean they won because of him or because of team around him?Look at the overall win and lost record of the teams Edwards played againts.Buffalo should've won those games.

I'm glad you mentioned this comparison. I was thinking to myself how Trent will be like Big Ben. They'll ask him to be a "game manager," letting the run game, defence, and ST handle the load. They'll just ask him to play smart and conservative, while limiting his mistakes. I envision him being this kind of guy for the year, then emerge as a full blown QB capable of carrying his team from next year on. Right now he's not ready to put the team on his shoulders and go like Brady and Manning. Easing a guy in like this is best for our team anyway.

I think we have seen in just the preseason that Turk is opening up the offense. He has also publicy stated to put more control in the hands of Edwards to audible at will. I that that kind of trust has to be earned. Edwards has gained confidence with the OC on his decision making and they are gearing the offense around his strengths. Certainly he is very inexperienced so we are still going to have to ride the development curve but it should be interesting. I think giving him this kind of control this early in his development is risky but sometimes the greater the risk, the greater the reward. I think he has the tools and weapons to succeed though and I am cautiously optimistic that the team can develop a rythm and identity offensively and be fun to watch.

Regardless, Bill Walsh was right much more than he was wrong.

He was? You might want to do some research on that theory.

Bills Walsh originally did not want Joe Montana, he wanted a guy named Steve Dils.

Walsh had to be pushed into selecting Montana by others within the 49ers organization.

Walsh was high on Rick Mirer, claimed he had "Montana movement" (whatever the hell that is).

Walsh said Plummer was going to be the next Joe Montana, Super Bowls included (please remind of the SB(s) Plummer has won)

Walsh said David Carr and Joey Harrington would "both be very, very successful".

So, for the record:

Walsh had to be pushed to select Montana, correctly chose Steve Young, and seemingly has not been right since.

Take Walsh's recommendation of Edwards with a grain of salt.

i know this is a bit premature but i know a great qb when i see one and the thing that separates the average from the great is a field general who can process a defense quickly and adapt during the game as a qb. i mean calling ur own plays and dictating to the offense. this is what u see from manning and brady, they dont have great arms or great o-lines, they r 3 steps ahead of everyone else where it counts. edwards is extremely smart and has a solid o-line, with evans parrish reed and hardy u might see lightning strike again in buffalo. having a great qb is what counts and is the only way to win in this league, bottom line. bill walsh told levy about edwards and i can guarantee u walsh wasnt wrong.

State your credentials that makes you an expert.

He was? You might want to do some research on that theory.

Bills Walsh originally did not want Joe Montana, he wanted a guy named Steve Dils.

Walsh had to be pushed into selecting Montana by others within the 49ers organization.

Walsh was high on Rick Mirer, claimed he had "Montana movement" (whatever the hell that is).

Walsh said Plummer was going to be the next Joe Montana, Super Bowls included (please remind of the SB(s) Plummer has won)

Walsh said David Carr and Joey Harrington would "both be very, very successful".

So, for the record:

Walsh had to be pushed to select Montana, correctly chose Steve Young, and seemingly has not been right since.

Take Walsh's recommendation of Edwards with a grain of salt.

Bill Walsh: Three Super Bowl Wins

Well you do have great Credentials and i must be able to trust you.

:thumbsup:

Anyone who registers yesterday, bangs out 22 posts on his first day, says they have inside sources AND repeatedly uses the phrase "trust me" in his second topic MUST be taken at face value.

Bill Walsh: Three Super Bowl Wins

I think you missed the point, the point was that Walsh spoke highly of Edwards, but some of his choices on other QBs were wrong, so it was more the opinion on his comments regarding other QB's than the fact that he a was a good/great coach who won Super Bowls