Scout.com says Peters may be back monday

Fingon

I can play that game too:

Should players never get a new contract before their old one has expired no matter how much better than their contract they perform?

If the answer is "yes", show me links to posts where the board was up in arms over the raise Schobel got 3 years before his already huuuge deal was done.

If the answer is "no", then we agree that under some circumastances a raise is in order. I think this is one of them. Peters didn't play a little bit better, he played a lot better. He isn't underpaid by 10% or 20%, more like 50% or more. Now, if you don't think he deserves a raise, just explain to me why and how much better he needs to play before he is.

At what point under his current contract, if the level of his play continues, would you flip and support his demands for a new contract? Do you think that no matter how great he plays, he should play under this contract for the next 3 years?

First, I'm not playing a game. Second, do what you tell others. Read my post. I think Peters should get a raise. I think he is a very good LT. When he gets a raise is up for debate. My point is when does it end. What if Peters get a new deal and it is for $8M per year for 7 years. 2 years from now if he is a perennial Pro-Bowler he could be considered underpaid by your standards. Would you have a problem if he held out again for a better deal?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flozell Adams: 25 Million, 5 years

Walter Jones: 52.5 Million, 7 years

Matt Light: 27.3 Million, 6 years

Jason Peters: 15 Million, 5 years

How about the pro bowl reserves at OT?

Ogden: 50 Million, 7 years

Samuels: 46 Million, 7 years

Thomas: 42.5 Million, 5 years

Clifton: 32.4 Million, 6 years

jesus mikey, your chubby chasing manlove has blinded you to science!!!

light and adams make the same or less than peters, clifton is barely ahead, and samuels isn't all that far ahead.

of course, you have to include the LT snaps bonus, but you wouldn't misrepresent the facts just to show peters that your love for him is even greater than bill in nyc (trust me, you can't love a man as much as he loves peters!), would you?

just expect not to make the playoffs with peters out. remiinds me of to many times in the past when wilson went cheap. like when he wouldn't sign kelly.

And what time would that have been? Enlighten me. Kelly refused to negotiate a contract with Buffalo because he did not want to play there. It was not about money, it was about his ego, a bigger stage, and the Bills reputation for being losers. When the USFL folded, The Bills made Kelly the highest paid player in the league at the time.

As for the Peters situation, this is not about "Ralph being cheap". It is about a player throwing a tantrum and the Bills refusing to give in, as they should not, because it will impact the management of this team and their ability to retain a solid core for years to come.

I have never said that I think it is right that teams have to pay huge salaries to flops and busts.

This is the system and the Bills did for Schobel last year what they refuse to even discuss with Peters this year. Its inconsistent, a Burger King assisstant manager knows that treating similary situated employees that differently is going to lead to trouble.

But lets be sure of the facts first. My premise is that Peters was one of the most underpaid pro bowlers in the league last year and if he continues to play at that level and under his current contract, he will be one of the most underpaid OT's in the league, again.

Agree or disagree?

Schobel played at a high level for 6 years, Peters 1. Schobel also reported to mandatory OTAs and training camp. If you cant see the difference in those 2 situations, then you're more myopic than i thought.

Yep. And with Trent possibly becoming a good QB for them, his big payday will be coming-up as well. Giving into Peters just tells Edwards' agent to pull the same tactic.

And not having Peters to protect him could put Trent on the shelf or well on his way to making half the money down the road.

I fully expect Peters to come in and play. But I don't understand that report. If Peters had already decided to come in, why didn't he come in Thursday or Friday when the article came out and get three more days of practice and learning the playbook. Why tell someone you're coming in, and then sit for 3-4 days before you come in?

Schobel played at a high level for 6 years, Peters 1. Schobel also reported to mandatory OTAs and training camp. If you cant see the difference in those 2 situations, then you're more myopic than i thought.

Oh, you should not underestimate Mickey's myopia. He has focused every little bit of frustration with the Bills management onto this one single point. It is beautiful and maddening in its focused simplicity.

Follow it up, what is step 4 or 5? Tell us your plan for Peters to follow to get paid what he is worth or have the stones to accept the reality of your position, that you have no problem with Peters, even he stays at a pro bowl level, being one of the most underpaid OT's in the league for another 3 years.

Quite the drama queen there, aren't you Mick? "Have the stones to accept the reality of my position...?" What are you, twelve? Ride the short bus? Yeah, I got the stones.

Obviously you've read everything I've posted on this matter; in fact, one of your prior rants I think you actually spent the time to dig up every one of my posts referring to Peters/Parker in unflattering terms, so which part of I DON'T GIVE A FLYING !@#$ ABOUT JASON PETERS do you not understand? It's a fairly straightforward, almost entirely monosyllabic construct, but tell me exactly which word is causing you the most difficulty, and I'll help you with the definition.

After the crap this bum pulled - how he won't honor his current contract, how is word is worthless, how he let down his teammates, coaches, the fans, and the organization that took a chance on an undrafted, slow witted TE, recognized his raw ability enough to try him at different positions, and developed him into a top OT - you think ANYONE cares at all that he's so unhappy with the last big raise that he wants another one right now?

There's a few hundred guys around the league that are gonna get cut today after working their asses off in July and August; guys who played their hearts out and gave their all just for the opportunity to try and make an NFL roster. And you want to see some sympathy for poor Jason Peters? Are you !@#$ing insane? You want my plan for Peter to follow to get paid what he's worth? Well, right now, he's sitting on his ass while his teammates are working their asses off, so he's worth NOTHING, but since you asked...

4. Peters, you idiot, you've done so much freakin' damage to your image and your relationship with the fans, teammates, coaches, and front office, that even if the team was inclined to explore a giving you a nice big new contract, providing you're not a useless gimp after the groin tear/hernia operation, you are now gonna have to play out your cleats, like a man possessed, to show management that you deserve any consideration at all. BTW, 9-Wonderlic, you ARE aware that it's the fans, players, and coaches that vote players into the Pro Bowl, right? How many votes you counting on from Bills fans, players and coaches? Good luck.

5. You want money, Jason? Obviously food is more important to you than football, Lard Ass, so when your done licking the barbecue off your fingers, turn the TV off, get off the couch, and get your fat, stupid, lazy, overweight, outa shape ass to practice. You owe the Bills a cool $half-mil$ in fines, so you should start seeing some scratch around October or so.

Should I keep going? You need me to post steps 6 and 7, or do you get the picture?

Quite the drama queen there, aren't you Mick? "Have the stones to accept the reality of my position...?" What are you, twelve? Ride the short bus? Yeah, I got the stones.

Obviously you've read everything I've posted on this matter; in fact, one of your prior rants I think you actually spent the time to dig up every one of my posts referring to Peters/Parker in unflattering terms, so which part of I DON'T GIVE A FLYING !@#$ ABOUT JASON PETERS do you not understand? It's a fairly straightforward, almost entirely monosyllabic construct, but tell me exactly which word is causing you the most difficulty, and I'll help you with the definition.

After the crap this bum pulled - how he won't honor his current contract, how is word is worthless, how he let down his teammates, coaches, the fans, and the organization that took a chance on an undrafted, slow witted TE, recognized his raw ability enough to try him at different positions, and developed him into a top OT - you think ANYONE cares at all that he's so unhappy with the last big raise that he wants another one right now?

There's a few hundred guys around the league that are gonna get cut today after working their asses off in July and August; guys who played their hearts out and gave their all just for the opportunity to try and make an NFL roster. And you want to see some sympathy for poor Jason Peters? Are you !@#$ing insane? You want my plan for Peter to follow to get paid what he's worth? Well, right now, he's sitting on his ass while his teammates are working their asses off, so he's worth NOTHING, but since you asked...

4. Peters, you idiot, you've done so much freakin' damage to your image and your relationship with the fans, teammates, coaches, and front office, that even if the team was inclined to explore a giving you a nice big new contract, providing you're not a useless gimp after the groin tear/hernia operation, you are now gonna have to play out your cleats, like a man possessed, to show management that you deserve any consideration at all. BTW, 9-Wonderlic, you ARE aware that it's the fans, players, and coaches that vote players into the Pro Bowl, right? How many votes you counting on from Bills fans, players and coaches? Good luck.

5. You want money, Jason? Obviously food is more important to you than football, Lard Ass, so when your done licking the barbecue off your fingers, turn the TV off, get off the couch, and get your fat, stupid, lazy, overweight, outa shape ass to practice. You owe the Bills a cool $half-mil$ in fines, so you should start seeing some scratch around October or so.

Should I keep going? You need me to post steps 6 and 7, or do you get the picture?

So how do you really feel about Jason Peters?

nice little battle you two have going on here...i agree with alot of what you say, i can really feel your anger here. Its a business, both sides try to gain as much as they can, i want him here because im a bills fan and he makes our team better.

I dont know why you seem to be taking his holdout so personal, my first choice would be the front office give him a giant deal and keep him here for a long time. But if not, then im hoping and i believe Peters will come in this week and play for an even bigger payday next year. Its just business, there no loyalty from the players or the owners, just the way it is.

First, you have zero idea, zero, about whether Jason Peters is heavier or lighter than he was last year, or whether or not he has been working out. The only thing we know about it, to my knowledge, is Dockery said he knows Peters and knows he will be ready to play.

Left guard Derrick Dockery is one of the few players who has communicated with Peters since training camp began. Dockery said they exchanged a couple of text messages, but Peters gave no indication if he’ll report any time soon.

“He just told me to keep the guys going and he can’t wait to get back out with us,” Dockery said. “So I’m hoping for the best that it will get taken care of before the season starts. I know Jason. I know how he is. When he gets in he’ll be ready to play.”

Second, do you really believe, that you as a Bills fan will carry a high school grudge against the guy for games and games, and months and months, and for the next 5-8 years if he comes in and shortly thereafter is a top echelon LT your favorite team has been looking for for a decade just because he didn't talk or play for one month?

It's surely your right to despise the guy and his stance. And maybe you will just hate him as a player for the rest of his career. Personally, I think that's just being a baby. Maybe he will suck when he gets back, or get injured because he wasn't prepared. That, to me, is the time to hurl the vitriol.