langston walker -- UPDATE on Page 5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can, and we do. The Bills did nothing (other than draft a 7th round OT) to improve the OL this offseason. They concentrated on the secondary.

Peters, Parker, Ralph, and his stooge Brandon are holding the fans hostage right now. If Walker is out for any length of time and Peters sits, consider us finished. It's too bad, because I was focusing on Chambers, and he looked pretty damned good. He was getting less help than Walker, and he held up well. He has the potential to be a decent, or perhaps even a good OT. Without Peters, he will be our top OT if Walker is hurt. In other words, we will lose.

That sound you here is our season being flushed down the toilet without Jason Peters, and it just got louder. :w00t:

once again...no NFL player unless he has a severe mental impairment is going to risk losing 187K per game in addition to be forced to pay his preseason fines(most teams waive those fines as long as they report before the preseason ends)...If he is not on the team by the beginning of the year he is gonna lose close to 500K...

Sorry...no player is gonna cough up that type of money no matter how strong their principals are...

I'm not so sure. Demetrius Bell has looked darn good out there tonight.

He hasn't exactly faced decent competition. Freeney left early, and defenses will know that if he's starting, the weakness on the OL is a rookie 7th rounder at the most important line position.

Everyone talked about game planning, or lack thereof with Pittsburgh on their part. Once the season starts, the starting QB better grow eyes in the back of his head. He's a project now first string on the depth chart. Before the Peters and Walker issues, I figured he'd be PS material until he gets stronger. It's good to hear Walker may not be as bad as we first thought, but they are extremely weak at tackle. Chambers, Bell, and Estes are their only healthy tackles as this point.

The Bills will not win many games this year if they are without both Peters and Walker. When the regular season begins, and the opposing coaches game plan, any substitutes for Peters and Walker will be in a for a very rough time.

I'm glad its not broken but they were saying on rotoworld that it could be a torn triceps. like the previous poster said, x-rays won't show that. I hope he'll be ok. It would be nice to have him back at RT and Peters were his a$$ belongs

torn triceps = guaranteed out-for-season injury.

He hasn't exactly faced decent competition. Freeney left early, and defenses will know that if he's starting, the weakness on the OL is a rookie 7th rounder at the most important line position.

Everyone talked about game planning, or lack thereof with Pittsburgh on their part. Once the season starts, the starting QB better grow eyes in the back of his head. He's a project now first string on the depth chart. Before the Peters and Walker issues, I figured he'd be PS material until he gets stronger. It's good to hear Walker may not be as bad as we first thought, but they are extremely weak at tackle. Chambers, Bell, and Estes are their only healthy tackles as this point.

I agree this is serious. BillinNYC has been talking about lack of depth at O line before anyone, and we may end up being exposed there. :censored: But, I'm talking about one player, Bell, and he has clearly shown that he can play. I don't know that he's a world beater, but he's only been doing this for a few years. Playing at this level in such a short period of time is nothing short of impressive.

The other thing is: no one has any idea how this plays out. Walker could end up fine, and Peters could report tomorrow. In that case, none of this is a big deal. However, it's true that it doesn't remove the problem of questionable depth.

Finally, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but: Duke Preston had a pancake block on the goal line TD, and Omon jumped in right behind him. He also looked pretty good in pass protection. Perhaps Duke has finally learned the job? Or, perhaps I'm always too optimistic? :w00t:

I'm glad its not broken but they were saying on rotoworld that it could be a torn triceps. like the previous poster said, x-rays won't show that. I hope he'll be ok. It would be nice to have him back at RT and Peters were his a$$ belongs

Rotoworld? Rotoworld? Who the f**k is Rotoworld? Some dude in his mom's basement? Does Rotoworld have a dude in the x-ray room?

PTR

lol!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaa.....that is hilarious!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaa....this is great. some kenmore west sophmmore is diagnosing a starting nfl left tackle. haaaaaaa

Rotoworld? Rotoworld? Who the f**k is Rotoworld? Some dude in his mom's basement? Does Rotoworld have a dude in the x-ray room?

PTR

Yikes we better scout the waiver wire or make some trades. Chambers is the best out of that group nothing against the guy but thats scary

I agree this is serious. BillinNYC has been talking about lack of depth at O line before anyone, and we may end up being exposed there. :censored: But, I'm talking about one player, Bell, and he has clearly shown that he can play. I don't know that he's a world beater, but he's only been doing this for a few years. Playing at this level in such a short period of time is nothing short of impressive.

The other thing is: no one has any idea how this plays out. Walker could end up fine, and Peters could report tomorrow. In that case, none of this is a big deal. However, it's true that it doesn't remove the problem of questionable depth.

Finally, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but: Duke Preston had a pancake block on the goal line TD, and Omon jumped in right behind him. He also looked pretty good in pass protection. Perhaps Duke has finally learned the job? Or, perhaps I'm always too optimistic? :w00t:

I hope Walker's got a minor sprain, but I believe he's going to miss time, perhaps as much as two weeks. It will tell me a lot if Peters showed up and was ready to go with what's happening, but I doubt it.

I think Bell could be decent down the road, but let's not get carried away. He benched 225 nine times at the combine, and is probably a practice squad guy at this point. If he's starting or serving as a primary backup, this teams has serious issues and would hope the Bills have the presence of mind to avoid this.

PTR

Rotoworld is an excellent site for getting information. The writer just said the x-rays were negative but "Buffalo should be praying right now that Walker didn't tear his triceps.." It wasn't any kind of reporting.

This is what they said on Rotoworld:

Bills LT Langston Walker was removed from Sunday night's preseason game after suffering an apparent left arm injury.

Initial X-rays were negative, but Buffalo should be praying right now that Walker didn't tear his triceps. He was in a lot of pain on the sideline.

That's not even speculation about a torn triceps, much less reporting. It's simply stating the worst-case scenario for a left arm injury.