langston walker -- UPDATE on Page 5

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets give demetrius bell $3.5 miltomorrow a.m. for 5 seasons. and let him play 16 games. next season, he will want $8mil, while having 4 yrs left on the existing k.

If he makes the pro bowl, yeah, he probably will so I guess we should hope that he sucks because otherwise we might have to give him a raise. It is so annoying, good players wanting to get more money than mediocre players. What lunacy.

Heh...Peters was an undrafted FA...that doesnt mean much...

Actually it does unless you think that UDFA's changing positions and making it to the pro bowl early in their career happens all the time. It is a very rare occurrence, not one I would bank on. Assuming we got that lucky again, that would mean Bell would be worthy of starting in his third year, not now.

If he makes the pro bowl, yeah, he probably will so I guess we should hope that he sucks because otherwise we might have to give him a raise. It is so annoying, good players wanting to get more money than mediocre players. What lunacy.

All Bell would have to do is show up to camp and he'd get his deal. Call your boyfriend Jason Peters and tell him that.

PTR

i agree. and the pedigree of a blue chip player is important -- usually. it speaks to technique and longevity and is an accurate determination for how long a guy can last. these guys are at the combine, and a determination on a prospect goes way beyond physical play -- ala jay peters.

Actually it does unless you think that UDFA's changing positions and making it to the pro bowl early in their career happens all the time. It is a very rare occurrence, not one I would bank on. Assuming we got that lucky again, that would mean Bell would be worthy of starting in his third year, not now.

Holy sh-- I'm sick of this. Please God, give me a healthy Peters at LT, a healthy Walker at RT, a healthy Edwards at QB, and no starters getting hurt on Thursday and I REALLY like our chances for this year. Take away one of our tackles (Peters); and we might still contend for a wild card. If both are gone, I don't feel so well. Damn I hope the dream scenario comes through I really think we are turning the corner. I just hope that for once in the history of mankind we can catch a couple breaks (not literally) this year, cuz i think we are ready to take the next step. How fun would it be to have a "good" Bills team again? I'm young but it's been too long...

if the startin o-line and te opening day r

walker

dockery

fowler

butler

chambers

royal

thats not to bad thats comparable to the o-line ricky williams had in 02

dixon

nails

ruddy

perry

wade

mcmichael

so i think with peters yes we can b even better but without him we can still make a run and b just fine. plus bell looks like he can be a good player.

Chalk another one up for Rotoworld :w00t: For the life of me, I'll never understand why anyone references them as a "source."

Because they provide tons of information that is easily accessed. Mostly, it is like a KFFL site, which just links stories to other reputable (and some non-reputable) sites, and then throw in their own comment on it. They're great for certain things, like contracts for players. It's purpose is to provide information for fantasy players. But I think it is a really good "source". They just don't do actual reporting.

if the startin o-line and te opening day r

walker

dockery

fowler

butler

chambers

royal

thats not to bad thats comparable to the o-line ricky williams had in 02

dixon

nails

ruddy

perry

wade

mcmichael

so i think with peters yes we can b even better but without him we can still make a run and b just fine. plus bell looks like he can be a good player.

Show Peters the money!

Certainly any huge payment to him should be contingent on him getting a medical OK, but I think any feelings the Bills dodged a bullet on this one is a miscalculation of whether we are gonna put the best team we can on the field after a long playoff drought.