DNC Thread

Anybody watching Fox News? 2 or 3 dems interviewed so far have already referred to the "McCain-Romney ticket" as if its a talking point they want to get across.

Speaking of talking points, all the dems are giving almost identical answers (some close to word for word) so you know they're all giving scripted answers. They apparently have to say:

1) saying "McCain-Bush plan" OR "4 more years of Bush" at least twice (once isn't enough anymore)

2) "we are already united, you'll see" whenever a question about Hillary comes up

3) "Biden is not a DC Insider, he lives in Delaware" when asked how Biden represents "change" since he's been a Senator for over 35 years

Gotta give credit to the one Fox News reporter who went into the crowd of anti-war protesters and asked 4-5 of them to explain their positions and they all ignored him and then started giving the camera the finger and going after the cameraman. They haven't gone back to him since so haven't changed the channel to see what the other stations are reporting yet.

What's going on with MSNBC and CNN?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody watching Fox News? 2 or 3 dems interviewed so far have already referred to the "McCain-Romney ticket" as if its a talking point they want to get across.

Speaking of talking points, all the dems are giving almost identical answers (some close to word for word) so you know they're all giving scripted answers. They apparently have to say:

1) saying "McCain-Bush plan" OR "4 more years of Bush" at least twice (once isn't enough anymore)

2) "we are already united, you'll see" whenever a question about Hillary comes up

3) "Biden is not a DC Insider, he lives in Delaware" when asked how Biden represents "change" since he's been a Senator for over 35 years

Gotta give credit to the one Fox News reporter who went into the crowd of anti-war protesters and asked 4-5 of them to explain their positions and they all ignored him and then started giving the camera the finger and going after the cameraman. They haven't gone back to him since so haven't changed the channel to see what the other stations are reporting yet.

What's going on with MSNBC and CNN?

They're all the same, what does it matter?

"There are some things that may be beyond the control of the Obama campaign. Most pressingly, Democrats said they were worried that the tensions between supporters of Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Obama from the contest that just ended two months ago would spill into public view after her name is entered into nomination, particularly after Mr. Obama bypassed Mrs. Clinton in choosing Mr. Biden.

“I have a lot of doubts that this convention is going to be as persuasive as it should be because they’ve got this damn thing with Hillary,” Mr. Fowler said. “I love Hillary. I was for her. But this is the worst political decision I could imagine. This is supposed to be an Obama celebration. You’re going to get the nomination of someone who came very close to winning and you’re going to get a lot of people in there cheering and hollering and some people booing.”

"The Obama campaign is leaving little to chance. It has created a rapid response team — led by Craig Smith, a former top operative in the Clinton world — to head out to the convention floor at the first sign of any trouble from Clinton supporters.

Mr. Obama’s campaign began sending out a one-page sheet of daily talking points to delegates, instructing them what to say and what to avoid in talking to reporters. (In one last week, according to a recipient, the central thrust was how to parry questions about Clinton-Obama strife and Mrs. Clinton’s speech by saying, “I can’t wait to hear Hillary Clinton talk about the future and am excited that her candidacy is unifying our party!”)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/25/us/politics/25dems.html

Well...as I said in my first post...

This is gonna be fun to watch......the party divided, thousands of liberal protesters protesting their own party, bunch of wanna be hippies trying to recreate 68......

I am desperate for Hillary to rally her supporters, especially in Michigan and Florida, and turn this convention on its head. It is not likely but it would make for great TV.

I love that even though she's "releasing" her delegates, its only symbolic, they can vote for whoever they want. Read a couple articles yesterday where many of her delegates are still going to vote for her.

Whoops....news is just reporting new bad blood between clintons and obamas...apparently they won't let Bill give the speech he wants.

Fox News just reported that a Wisconsin delegate that was a Hilary suppporter has just endorsed John McCain.

Here I was dreaming that Hillary gets in the mix at the Democratic Convention--it would be a ratings bonanza if McCain ends up being the nominee.

Here I was dreaming that Hillary gets in the mix at the Democratic Convention--it would be a ratings bonanza if McCain ends up being the nominee.

The DNC took her seat and will not let her vote. Reminds me of when Saddam got 100% of the vote. Anyone who voted for anyone else was shot and the vote removed since he was a dead person.

Reporters are saying Dems are stating publicly that the media is making the Clinton/Obama tension sound worse than it is, then when the cameras are off they come back and whisper that "yeah, it is that bad"

McCain campaign is sponsoring a Happy Hour for Hillary party tonight for all Clinton supporters..haha.

Reporters are saying Dems are stating publicly that the media is making the Clinton/Obama tension sound worse than it is, then when the cameras are off they come back and whisper that "yeah, it is that bad"

McCain campaign is sponsoring a Happy Hour for Hillary party tonight for all Clinton supporters..haha.

I am dreaming that Hillary gets up and says, "Now that Michigan and Florida have their delegates, let's show the world democracy in action. All of you delegates have a vote. I encourage you to do what you feel is right with that vote. If you want Barrack Obama, I encourage you to vote for him. But if you want someone else, vote for her!"

(Crowd goes wild. Political commentators orgasm.)

DNC Convention? Thanks for the heads up.

Usually you can tell it's convention time when the MSM goes into 24x7 fawning mode, but this year that has been the case with Obama since January.

Yeah no sh--. I think I'll pass on the Obama bin Biden love fest.

Looks like Obama campaign is trying to control this:

DENVER (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama are working on a deal to give her some votes in the presidential nomination roll call, but end the divided balloting quickly with a unanimous consent for Obama.

Democratic officials involved in the negotiations say the idea is that at the start of the state-by-state roll call Wednesday night, delegates would cast their votes for Clinton or Obama.

But the voting would be cut off after a couple states, perhaps ending with New York, when Clinton herself would call for a unanimous backing for Obama from the convention floor.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzTpjgP...0pWGBQD92PF1CO0

I'd actually love to see McCain name Hillary his VP.

What possible explaination would he have for picking someone who disagrees with him on practically every issue?

These people who claim to be Hillary supporters who say they'll now vote for McCain are idiots. I've been one of Hillary's supporters throughout the campaign, and was upset about how the primaries went, but now it's time to get realistic and support the person who would enact most of the policies that Hillary advocated.

If they say they support McCain because he's more experienced in foreign policy than Obama, then the same argument could have been made that technically McCain is more experienced than Hillary. But the difference is what decisions they would make given that experience, so I don't buy that excuse. Cheney and Rumsfeld had extensive foreign policy experience, but look what they did with that knowledge in influencing Bush. Bad judgement overshadows extensive experience.

What possible explaination would he have for picking someone who disagrees with him on practically every issue?

These people who claim to be Hillary supporters who say they'll now vote for McCain are idiots. I've been one of Hillary's supporters throughout the campaign, and was upset about how the primaries went, but now it's time to get realistic and support the person who would enact most of the policies that Hillary advocated.

If they say they support McCain because he's more experienced in foreign policy than Obama, then the same argument could have been made that technically McCain is more experienced than Hillary. But the difference is what decisions they would make given that experience, so I don't buy that excuse. Cheney and Rumsfeld had extensive foreign policy experience, but look what they did with that knowledge in influencing Bush. Bad judgement overshadows extensive experience.

Hillary and McCain are in lockstep agreement about tax increases, illegal aliens, and drilling for oil (depending on what you believe). They are also anti-labor (Hillary was counsel for Wal-Mart, but forgot her duties :lol: ). Oh, how did they both vote on the war? :angry:

The fact that you think these two are really different says a lot about your naivety.

What if they believe that Obama is an empty suit, a total know-nothing lightweight who doesn't have anywhere near the experience to handle any aspect of this job and it would be foolish and dangerous of our country to elect him? Ok to vote for McCain then? On Saturday that's pretty much exactly what the lifelong Dem who would have voted for Hillary told me.

Not that it would ever happen, but off the top of my head -

1. McCain and Clinton are closer on foreign policy than Clinton and Obama.

2*. Untill recently, I would have said that there is more common ground on taxation and handling the economy between Clinton and McCain than Clinton and Obama.

3. They are close on the environment and global warming.

4. They have both long traditions of reaching out to hispanic voters.

5. They both work well with members of both parties in congress (a fact that is counter-intuitive to Hillary-bashers).

6. They are both adults.

These are the themes that are likely to be important to the McCain camps strategy. The topics on which they differ, like abortion, are probably going to be downplayed nationally anyway.

Ask yourself this - how well does Clinton align versus Lieberman, who is seen as a serious possibility? Pretty similarly, I'd say.

Black Obama delegate calls black Hillary delegate an "Uncle Tom"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/25/ch...d-me-uncle-tom/

And pfffff....yeah right:

Initially, Jones denied calling Cobb an “Uncle Tom” and refused to elaborate. However, he is now telling reporters that he called her a “doubting Thomas” and that Cobb must have misheard the remar

Hmmm, watch the Democratic convention :angry: or....

Star Trek TNG on Sci Fi :lol:

Family Guy on TBS B-)

Futurama & South Park on Comedy Central :P

Sure they're all re-runs, but then again the Dem's won't say anything we haven't already heard (neither will the Reps at their convention)

He misses the anal probes, more like. :nana:

Was Nancy Pelosi chewing gum during her segment? Sure looked like it. Made me think of the "Mars Attacks" girl only w/o the ta-tas.

When Hillary gets really going on a speech and her voice gets shriller, I think she sounds like the Martians in Mars Attacks ... "Ack Ack!"...

Lets play some Slim Whitman and see if she is!

Hillary and McCain are in lockstep agreement about tax increases, illegal aliens, and drilling for oil (depending on what you believe). They are also anti-labor (Hillary was counsel for Wal-Mart, but forgot her duties :lol: ). Oh, how did they both vote on the war? :nana:

The fact that you think these two are really different says a lot about your naivety.

Oh my lord. You are so out of tune it's ridiculous. Hillary is anti-labor because her Wal-Mart board position a while ago? Did you not know that Hillary was endorsed by the majority of the major international unions during the primary? Do you really believe the unions would endorse someone anti-labor?

No way would this EVER happen.