FINALLY PETERS MIGHT REPORT

SAM HARRIS

My bet is that Peters is in camp by Saturday (23rd). This way he can sneek into OP after the team is long gone from SJF and the media is not there to harass him. His new contract will be ready to go and signed by the first game of the season.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anyway he has a new contract signed before the first game, or even a new one during this year. I think they might negotiate during the season, and give him a new deal starting at the beginning of next year. Also, there is NO WAY the give him a new deal before Lee Evans, a player who wants a new contract, hasn't been a distraction, has showed up to camp, and has worked hard. Those are the players the Bills will negotiate with

I don't think there is anyway he has a new contract signed before the first game, or even a new one during this year. I think they might negotiate during the season, and give him a new deal starting at the beginning of next year. Also, there is NO WAY the give him a new deal before Lee Evans, a player who wants a new contract, hasn't been a distraction, has showed up to camp, and has worked hard. Those are the players the Bills will negotiate with

I agree the Evans deal will be done first (which might not be too far off)

But I disagree about him not getting a new deal this year......the lines drawn in the sand were....

- Bills....no deal while not in camp

- Peters.....not reporting without a new deal

If Peters reports then the bills have a "victory" and dont look like they backed down in contract negotiations....BUT did do the right thing and paid a player worthy of a new contract

Agents and players are out there watchin

I agree the Evans deal will be done first (which might not be too far off)

But I disagree about him not getting a new deal this year......the lines drawn in the sand were....

- Bills....no deal while not in camp

- Peters.....not reporting without a new deal

If Peters reports then the bills have a "victory" and dont look like they backed down in contract negotiations....BUT did do the right thing and paid a player worthy of a new contract

Agents and players are out there watching

I hope you are correct, but I just read the following in one of Clark Judge's articles from Bills' camp (linked from TBD front page):

"Peters has three years left on his deal, and the Bills aren't willing to talk until he shows up for work -- and then they made it clear they will not renegotiate his 2008 deal. I think you can see why we have an impasse. "

linky - Buffalo Bills Camp Report

This makes it sound like the Bills will insist Peters play the 2008 season under the current deal, though they may be willing to talk about re-doing/extending his contract for AFTER this season. I really think this is the only thing that makes any sense as to why Peters hasn't shown up yet. If he really believed he could have gotten a new deal done for this year, he would have been here. I think he knew from the start that wasn't going to happen, so he decided the only way he had to "protest" that decision was to sit out of training camp as long as possible, and just come back in time for the regular season.

Of course, who knows how accurate Clark's information is.

Peters needs to fire his agent today.

Really? Because him being absent hasn't reminded the BILLS and the rest of the NFL just how important he truly is to the franchise?

Because having Langston Walker get pushed around by James Harris wasn't a good reminder? How about Leadfoot Chambers over at RT?

My bet is that Peters is in camp by Saturday (23rd). This way he can sneek into OP after the team is long gone from SJF and the media is not there to harass him. His new contract will be ready to go and signed by the first game of the season.

I guarentee there will be no contract for Peters this year. The muther !@#$er didn't even return phone calls or even try to make contact with the team. Nope Peters has to play this year or he loses big, and the Bills know this. They will teach him a lesson by not even negotiating an extension until next season, and they will tell him the only chnace he has is to show up and negotiate from with in.

You can't let a player with 3 years left on an extension completely cut you off and show the team 0 respect. The Bills negotiated an extension with him without him asking.. the Bills stepped up last time, now Peters tries this BS strong arm tactic.

Again I am guarenteeing that Peters will not get an extension until the end of the season and only if he promises to show up in the offseason and show his loyalty to the team. The Bills are not going to shell out 60 million to a player who disses them in the way Peters has regardless of what pisspoor advice his agent is giving him.

Not a chance in hell. He waits till next year, assuming he plays like an elite LT this year. You don't reward crap like this.

PTR

And if he does, he will demand to be traded and if they don't he will sit, again. After the childish whining in the media about him that Brandon did, he will want out of here as soon as he can get out of here. After seeing how they treated Schobel, giving him a new deal before camp, he will justly wonder why he is getting shafted.

"crap like this" ??? Do you mean holding out like countless players before him? Or do you mean holding out when he actually had a valid arguement that he was getting paid way below his value? Or do you mean the way we he didn't bawl and posture in public but respectfully kept his yap shut? Or do you mean the way he asked for the same treatment they gave Saint Schobel last year?

If they don't pay him now, they may get him back on the field but in the long run, they will simply be guaranteeing that the majority of his hall of fame career will be spent for the benefit of some other team.

Really? Because him being absent hasn't reminded the BILLS and the rest of the NFL just how important he truly is to the franchise?

Because having Langston Walker get pushed around by James Harris wasn't a good reminder? How about Leadfoot Chambers over at RT?

Not sure which game you were watching.

Besides Walker's one hiccup, he did a great job against the Steelers starters, who are no slouches. Chambers did fine, as well.

I guarentee there will be no contract for Peters this year. The muther !@#$er didn't even return phone calls or even try to make contact with the team. Nope Peters has to play this year or he loses big, and the Bills know this. They will teach him a lesson by not even negotiating an extension until next season, and they will tell him the only chnace he has is to show up and negotiate from with in.

You can't let a player with 3 years left on an extension completely cut you off and show the team 0 respect. The Bills negotiated an extension with him without him asking.. the Bills stepped up last time, now Peters tries this BS strong arm tactic.

Again I am guarenteeing that Peters will not get an extension until the end of the season and only if he promises to show up in the offseason and show his loyalty to the team. The Bills are not going to shell out 60 million to a player who disses them in the way Peters has regardless of what pisspoor advice his agent is giving him.

As has been shown numerous times with quotes from Brandon himself, he didn't cut off contact with the team. Brandon and Parker had more than one discussion. Obviously, given the teams position that they are not going to give him a new contract this year, there wasn't much to say but "..call me when you change your minds..."

How has Peters "dissed" the team???? Post one single quote from him, one, where he said anything negative about the team. When you can't find one, be a man and post a withdrawal and an apology. And as for the agent, find me one quote where he "dissed" the team.

Haven't you heard? We don't need Peters because, heck, Langston only gave up one sack against the Steelers. It was almost a safety but that would be rude of me to mention it.

I hope you are correct, but I just read the following in one of Clark Judge's articles from Bills' camp (linked from TBD front page):

"Peters has three years left on his deal, and the Bills aren't willing to talk until he shows up for work -- and then they made it clear they will not renegotiate his 2008 deal. I think you can see why we have an impasse. "

linky - Buffalo Bills Camp Report

This makes it sound like the Bills will insist Peters play the 2008 season under the current deal, though they may be willing to talk about re-doing/extending his contract for AFTER this season. I really think this is the only thing that makes any sense as to why Peters hasn't shown up yet. If he really believed he could have gotten a new deal done for this year, he would have been here. I think he knew from the start that wasn't going to happen, so he decided the only way he had to "protest" that decision was to sit out of training camp as long as possible, and just come back in time for the regular season.

Of course, who knows how accurate Clark's information is.

What I, and several others have been saying. The notion that the problem is Peters not showing up for camp rather than the team refusing to renegotiate a new contract is ludicrous. The issue is the extra coin Peters wants, not a failure to show a "comittment to winning" by coming to camp. The guy went from a UDFA to a pro bowl left tackle, I think he has all the devotion to duty that is required, and then some.

Yeah, in one quarter of play, Langston only gave up one blindside sack at the goalline, which except for an absolutely remarkable play by Edwards, could easily have been a TD for the Steelers. We don't need Peters. That's only extrapolated to about 64 sacks given up a season by the LT.

Yeah, in one quarter of play, Langston only gave up one blindside sack at the goalline, which except for an absolutely remarkable play by Edwards, could easily have been a TD for the Steelers. We don't need Peters. That's only extrapolated to about 64 sacks given up a season by the LT.

That's very clever. By the way, did you ever extrapolate Peters sack projection? How about 2008 after he missed camp and is coming off surgery?

PTR

A buddy of mine who follows the Bills religiously like I do told me today that Dockery had been texting Peters. This thread make me think it's true. I think Peters will show up once camp closes. I'm very curious to see what kind of shape he is in and how healthy he is. I also don't think he'll get an extension. I think the Bills will do one next offseason.

That's very clever. By the way, did you ever extrapolate Peters sack projection? How about 2008 after he missed camp and is coming off surgery?

PTR

Hey, if you're happy with Langston Walker at LT, who is a very decent RT but woefully slow on his back-pedal, which is horrible for LTs, and Kirk Chambers at the other tackle, with no decent back-ups, that's great. I'm not.

In fact, I think it would be a disaster.

Jason Peters sack projection with or without training camp is VERY low. He's a great player, one of the very best at his position in the league. Langston Walker is not a great player at RT, and worse at LT. Kirk Chambers is an unknown but chances are, he is not really to play full time in this league.

And if he does, he will demand to be traded and if they don't he will sit, again. After the childish whining in the media about him that Brandon did, he will want out of here as soon as he can get out of here. After seeing how they treated Schobel, giving him a new deal before camp, he will justly wonder why he is getting shafted.

"crap like this" ??? Do you mean holding out like countless players before him? Or do you mean holding out when he actually had a valid arguement that he was getting paid way below his value? Or do you mean the way we he didn't bawl and posture in public but respectfully kept his yap shut? Or do you mean the way he asked for the same treatment they gave Saint Schobel last year?

If they don't pay him now, they may get him back on the field but in the long run, they will simply be guaranteeing that the majority of his hall of fame career will be spent for the benefit of some other team.

LMAO, Jesus, now he's a Hall of Famer.

And his legend grows and grows. Jason Jackie Slater Peters