FINALLY PETERS MIGHT REPORT

SAM HARRIS

Guest dog14787
I am not a lawer, if I was I would be able to spell it, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time so I am going to have to agree with you.

GO BILLS!

The Senator is wise :rolleyes:

Sometimes :wallbash:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know how important the LT is in football. But you go way overboard stating Peters value to the team. The Bills have decided they won't be held hostage by one stupid player. So what's Peters' plan B?

PTR

All it takes is one injury to the QB.

I see we've now proceeded to accuse Peters of holding the team hostage. Brilliant rationale, especially considering the guy worked his way from UDFA into becoming a Pro Bowl LT. It's ironic to me how this guy's villified for being such a terrible person and wanting to be paid market value.

The only thing of Peters that has grown since camp began is his gut, for not being in camp working out.

But how can we know this? No one has spoken to him since RB saw him in January? Right.

Peters ought to be with the team, and making an example of him is their strategy. But looking at prospective Bills UFA's after 08 and 09, there isn't anyone I'd be afraid to have hold out. So if they're worried an "underpaid" player wants to hold out, I'm not concerned.

Go ahead and hate the league for becoming one in which the players have the upper hand. It's the reality of it all when big dollars enter the mix and fans want to see their team win every year. It's a high stakes game, and management can threaten all they want, but he's got the advantage of knowing the Bills need him more than he needs them.

Sure, an owner in his 90's desparate for a championship before he dies can afford to wait for the team to find another pro bowl left tackle. :rolleyes:

Got that right, Mick - Ralph can afford a lot more than Parker, and Peters ain't gettin' any more dough. I sure hope he's is saving his pennies for the lockout in 2011.

BTW, I missed the Pro Bowl - how'd Jason play?

It's a high stakes game, and management can threaten all they want, but he's got the advantage of knowing the Bills need him more than he needs them.

How so?

If Peters never reports, the clock never starts on the 3 years remaining on his deal...meaning if he never comes back to the Bills, his career is over. Finished.

All the Bills would do is get by the best they can now, and try to replace him in the offseason. This Bills franchise will go on without Jason Peters. However, Peters' career will end without the Bills.

I really don't see how the Bills need Peters more than Peters needs the Bills. Peters' ONLY option is to play for the Buffalo Bills. But when the offseason comes around, the Bills will have a virtually unlimited amount of options to replace him with. Will they all be Pro Bowlers? Of course not. But you don't need a Pro Bowler at every position to win in this league.

The Bills should move on as if Peters never existed, and if he reports at some point, think of it as a pleasant surprise. He can come play some football, or he can waste away the prime of his career...either way, the Bills don't have to do ANYTHING. In other words, the Bills have all the leverage.

The Bills should move on as if Peters never existed, and if he reports at some point, think of it as a pleasant surprise. He can come play some football, or he can waste away the prime of his career...either way, the Bills don't have to do ANYTHING. In other words, the Bills have all the leverage.

You mean except for the fact that without him, Trent Edwards is going to get killed, Marshawn Lynch is not going to have nearly the amount of yards or impact on the game, Lee Evans and James Hardy, etc. are not going to have nearly the room to run patterns or time to get the pass to them, the defense is going to be drastically affected because the offense won't be controlling the ball as much, and will be putting the defense in far worse positions on the field and on the scoreboard. A pro bowl tackle, especially a LT, affects every player on the offense and defense. Which is 2/3 of the team.

How so?

If Peters never reports, the clock never starts on the 3 years remaining on his deal...meaning if he never comes back to the Bills, his career is over. Finished.

All the Bills would do is get by the best they can now, and try to replace him in the offseason. This Bills franchise will go on without Jason Peters. However, Peters' career will end without the Bills.

I really don't see how the Bills need Peters more than Peters needs the Bills. Peters' ONLY option is to play for the Buffalo Bills. But when the offseason comes around, the Bills will have a virtually unlimited amount of options to replace him with. Will they all be Pro Bowlers? Of course not. But you don't need a Pro Bowler at every position to win in this league.

I think you underestimate just how important and good Peters is to the success of our team, versus any of our alternatives. It would seem you believe the Bills can function at a playoff level without him. I think Peters is the most important player on the Bills team and without him we will not make it to the playoffs this year.

You mean except for the fact that without him, Trent Edwards is going to get killed, Marshawn Lynch is not going to have nearly the amount of yards or impact on the game, Lee Evans and James Hardy, etc. are not going to have nearly the room to run patterns or time to get the pass to them, the defense is going to be drastically affected because the offense won't be controlling the ball as much, and will be putting the defense in far worse positions on the field and on the scoreboard. A pro bowl tackle, especially a LT, affects every player on the offense and defense. Which is 2/3 of the team.

So, what you are saying is that without Jason Peters the Bills offense is going to suck? Oh, and here I thought it pretty much already sucked last year with him.

hmmm

Again, Kelly, I was busy that day & didn't get to see the Pro Bowl on TV - how'd Jason look in that game?

Again, Kelly, I was busy that day & didn't get to see the Pro Bowl on TV - how'd Jason look in that game?

Should have watched it. You really missed something.

It's fine with me if you, alone, want to think that a player who was voted to start in the Pro Bowl is not a "Pro Bowl player", picked ahead of three other Pro Bowl tackles, in fact. It just shows a lack of common sense and football knowledge I guess.

Yeah, lets get rid of our best player. Who needs the guy? We have Kirk Chambers.

I just decided to throw out some facts. If you can make up all of these pretend things about this guy will get hurt, and this guy won't be able to run routes, and this guy will probably cry becuase Jason Peters isn't out there, and Ralph will most likely die early, I just thought I would throw some actual facts out there.

The offense was the second worst in football with Peters and probably won't do any worse without Peters. He's solid, but I'm sure the Bills can somehow manage to play a football game without a ONE TIME pro bowler.

Hell, after all, the Bills dumped Nate Clements (their best player on defense), who people made out to be the second coming of Lester Hayes, and still managed to create turnoevers all year in the secondary.

I just decided to throw out some facts. If you can make up all of these pretend things about this guy will get hurt, and this guy won't be able to run routes, and this guy will probably cry becuase Jason Peters isn't out there, and Ralph will most likely die early, I just thought I would throw some actual facts out there.

The offense was the second worst in football with Peters and probably won't do any worse without Peters. He's solid, but I'm sure the Bills can somehow manage to play a football game without a ONE TIME pro bowler.

The Bills will manage and you're right the Bills were terrible with their offense last year and without Jason we won't get any worse. The thing is, Football is such a team game, that with Peters our offense will/could get ALOT better than it will, if it does at all without him. The way Stroud makes our DL better is that because he is so good it will take the pressure off Schobel and Kelsay our next best DL players. With Peters it's similar. With him the rest of the line can worry about other areas because he is such a good player he takes pressure off Dockery and Folwer.

Senator-

You also missed Tom Brady, LaDainian Tomlinson, Randy Moss, Antonio Gates, Jason Taylor, Jamal Williams, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamalu, Brett Favre, Walter Jones, Patrick Kerney, Tommie Harris, and Lance Briggs who all missed the game with injuries. They apparently stink too, because they couldn't participate.

The Bills will manage and you're right the Bills were terrible with their offense last year and without Jason we won't get any worse. The thing is, Football is such a team game, that with Peters our offense will/could get ALOT better than it will, if it does at all without him. The way Stroud makes our DL better is that because he is so good it will take the pressure off Schobel and Kelsay our next best DL players. With Peters it's similar. With him the rest of the line can worry about other areas because he is such a good player he takes pressure off Dockery and Folwer.

We have no idea if Stroud is going to make our defense any better. None. We hope he will. And Jason Peters may be considered one of the best tackles in the game right now at a time when the game is awfully weak at that position. All of the great LT's are getting old and washed up, and there really aren't any out there that have taken over as the new dominant bunch. We are hoping Peters turns into that type of player, but just because he was voted to the pro bowl doesn't make him this football god of a player that we can't do without.

Are we better with him. Hell yeah. But jesus, his legend has grown here to the point where it's sickening to see how weak some of you are to cave in to the demands of a one time pro bowler who ended the season on an injury last year.

Hell, after all, the Bills dumped Nate Clements (their best player on defense), who people made out to be the second coming of Lester Hayes, and still managed to create turnoevers all year in the secondary.

The Bills should just cut Peters. I totally agree. No team in the NFL is looking for a stud LT who was named a starter in the Pro Bowl in his first full year at the position. And why would they? It has no little to no affect whatsoever on your QB having more time to throw, or pick out a secondary receiver, or stay upright. No difference whatsoever to your RB having running lanes and holes. Matters not to your WRs getting an extra half second or second to finish their route and get open. Nothing at all to do with getting first downs and controlling the ball and field position. Left tackles are pretty worthless if you ask me. For the life of me I can't figure out why these owners are paying them 8,9,10,11 million a year when it doesn't affect your teams play and you can just get anyone in there to suck.

Should have watched it. You really missed something.

It's fine with me if you, alone, want to think that a player who was voted to start in the Pro Bowl is not a "Pro Bowl player", picked ahead of three other Pro Bowl tackles, in fact. It just shows a lack of common sense and football knowledge I guess.

Watchu talkin' 'bout, KTD????

I simply asked how he looked in that game. How'd he play? Was he any good? Why won't you answer my question? B-)