FINALLY PETERS MIGHT REPORT

SAM HARRIS

Guest dog14787
Hey, if you're happy with Langston Walker at LT, who is a very decent RT but woefully slow on his back-pedal, which is horrible for LTs, and Kirk Chambers at the other tackle, with no decent back-ups, that's great. I'm not.

In fact, I think it would be a disaster.

Jason Peters sack projection with or without training camp is VERY low. He's a great player, one of the very best at his position in the league. Langston Walker is not a great player at RT, and worse at LT. Kirk Chambers is an unknown but chances are, he is not really to play full time in this league.

It only takes one nasty hit to knock your QB out for the season so in my opinion, you try to make your best lineman happy and give your future star QB the protection he needs with Right Guard anti-perspirant :(

TE is counting on Peters, the whole team is counting on Jason Peters. <_<

If you give Trent Edwards time to throw , he will make the plays :unsure:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only takes one nasty hit to knock your QB out for the season so in my opinion, you try to make your best lineman happy and give your future star QB the protection he needs with Right Guard anti-perspirant :(

TE is counting on Peters, the whole team is counting on Jason Peters. <_<

If you give Trent Edwards time to throw , he will make the plays :unsure:

Agreed. They need Peters signed. It's as simple as that. He's one of the best lineman in the league but always starts off a bit slow. I hope this isn't a complete wash of a season for him because he's missed the entire training camp, but we're a better team with Peters then without. It's really that simple.

Parker thought he had a barrel over the bills b/k they are a 500 club with only brad morman as their pro bowler. as such, parker tried to strong arm brandon. parker is one year too late b/k the line used their money for langston and dockery.

peters was scrub te from arkansas. mouse got him to play right tackle. he is now a good player -- ala big cat james williams (rt) for the bears 10 years ago.

contract law -- which eugene parker purports to be efficient in -- states that a failure to comply with a contract constitutes a breach. peters has three years left -- he has breached by not reporting.

these are the facts. ralph wilson didn't make his millions by being strong armed and hood-winked by some punk philadelphia lawyer type like eugene whatever parker.

amen for brandon and wilson. keep up the goOD work! also, lets give $3 million to CHAMBERS -- THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!

What I, and several others have been saying. The notion that the problem is Peters not showing up for camp rather than the team refusing to renegotiate a new contract is ludicrous. The issue is the extra coin Peters wants, not a failure to show a "comittment to winning" by coming to camp. The guy went from a UDFA to a pro bowl left tackle, I think he has all the devotion to duty that is required, and then some.

Jason? Get to camp fat@ss, we're sick of this crap!

parker is working on steven jackson's contract right now. no time for peters? some of parker's clients:

Hines Ward (Super Bowl XL MVP and four-time Pro Bowler)

Richard Seymour (4 time all pro)

Walter Jones (5 time all pro)

Emmitt Smith (NFL all time leading rusher)

Larry Fitzgerald (All pro)

Derrick Brooks (9 time all pro)

Rod Woodson (11 time all pro)

Aeneas Williams (8 time all pro)

Rex Grossman (Super Bowl QB)

Devin Hester (NFL record holder, all pro)

Cedric Benson (Super Bowl running back)

Curtis Martin (5 time all pro)

Laveranues Coles (all pro receiver)

Jason Peters (all pro left tackle)

James Hardy (Bills 2008 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Felix Jones (Cowboys 2008 1st Round Draft Pick]

Tashard Choice (Cowboys 2008 3rd Round Draft Pick)

Steven Jackson (St. Louis Rams star running back)

Parker thought he had a barrel over the bills b/k they are a 500 club with only brad morman as their pro bowler. as such, parker tried to strong arm brandon. parker is one year too late b/k the line used their money for langston and dockery.

peters was scrub te from arkansas. mouse got him to play right tackle. he is now a good player -- ala big cat james williams (rt) for the bears 10 years ago.

contract law -- which eugene parker purports to be efficient in -- states that a failure to comply with a contract constitutes a breach. peters has three years left -- he has breached by not reporting.

these are the facts. ralph wilson didn't make his millions by being strong armed and hood-winked by some punk philadelphia lawyer type like eugene whatever parker.

amen for brandon and wilson. keep up the goOD work! also, lets give $3 million to CHAMBERS -- THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!

jesus, jimmy, where ya been? i thought you were dead or somethin'...

ONCE HE REPORTS THEN IM SURE BUFFALO WILL WORK OUT A NEW CONTRACT...

Peters Getting Ready To Report? The Bills continue to have little or no contact officially with holdout tackle Jason Peters. WGR is reporting that Derrick Dockery has been communicating with Peters through text messages. Dockery said he thinks Peters will report soon.

:unsure:

Link(s)?

Otherwise, this could just be another fart in the wind.

Agreed. They need Peters signed. It's as simple as that. He's one of the best lineman in the league but always starts off a bit slow. I hope this isn't a complete wash of a season for him because he's missed the entire training camp, but we're a better team with Peters then without. It's really that simple.

He is signed.

If you want to talk about the law, the NFL is a monopoly, if any player challenged that in court, they would eventually win the right to be free agents signing with the highest bidder right out of college. That is why no team that I am aware of has ever taken a player to court for breach of contract. The NFL knows this, the agents know this, the union knows this and the players know this. That is why holdouts are not exactly rare despite your infantile understanding of contract law.

As for Parker being a "punk", he could buy and sell you with the spare change stuck in the seats in his limo. His client list attests to his track record of success. The odds of any of us guessing what his long term strategy is for Peters is not very likely.

As has been pointed out many times, this hold out is costing Peters nothing. He may report in time to avoid losing any game pay and what he will accomplish is setting the table for next year. The team will know he is serious, will not want to go through repeat of this next year. The team has carefully avoided any public committment to renegotiate if Peters shows up. For all we know, Parker's strategy is to get them to make that committment publicly so that they can force them to deal as soon as steps into the locker room, something the team is clearly not willing to do at present. We don't know.

In the face or our ignorance of what is really going on, you can either assume that an experienced agent with a long track record of success and an impressive client list suddenly has turned in to an idiot or you can assume that he knows what he is doing even if we don't.

"crap like this" ??? Do you mean holding out like countless players before him? Or do you mean holding out when he actually had a valid arguement that he was getting paid way below his value?

I agree he has a valid argument but he still signed a contract. To me he has a obligation to full fill that commitment. So he should legally be there imho. However the Bills should pay him more once he is in camp if they want the team to continue to improve. I wonder what would happen if management decided to "renegotiate" a contract down after a sub par year by a player?

If you want to talk about the law, the NFL is a monopoly, if any player challenged that in court, they would eventually win the right to be free agents signing with the highest bidder right out of college. That is why no team that I am aware of has ever taken a player to court for breach of contract. The NFL knows this, the agents know this, the union knows this and the players know this. That is why holdouts are not exactly rare despite your infantile understanding of contract law.

As for Parker being a "punk", he could buy and sell you with the spare change stuck in the seats in his limo. His client list attests to his track record of success. The odds of any of us guessing what his long term strategy is for Peters is not very likely.

As has been pointed out many times, this hold out is costing Peters nothing. He may report in time to avoid losing any game pay and what he will accomplish is setting the table for next year. The team will know he is serious, will not want to go through repeat of this next year. The team has carefully avoided any public committment to renegotiate if Peters shows up. For all we know, Parker's strategy is to get them to make that committment publicly so that they can force them to deal as soon as steps into the locker room, something the team is clearly not willing to do at present. We don't know.

In the face or our ignorance of what is really going on, you can either assume that an experienced agent with a long track record of success and an impressive client list suddenly has turned in to an idiot or you can assume that he knows what he is doing even if we don't.

Being called a punk has nothing to do with how much money a person has.

I agree he has a valid argument but he still signed a contract. To me he has a obligation to full fill that commitment. So he should legally be there imho. However the Bills should pay him more once he is in camp if they want the team to continue to improve. I wonder what would happen if management decided to "renegotiate" a contract down after a sub par year by a player?

What do you call cutting a player who has one or two or three or four years left on this sacred contract?

What do you call cutting a player who has one or two or three or four years left on this sacred contract?

That's how the game is played. Holding out is part of the game. Ignoring a holdout who has 3 years left is part of the game. Owing a team 3 years of service and having zero leverage is also part of the game.

PTR

I hope you are correct, but I just read the following in one of Clark Judge's articles from Bills' camp (linked from TBD front page):

"Peters has three years left on his deal, and the Bills aren't willing to talk until he shows up for work -- and then they made it clear they will not renegotiate his 2008 deal. I think you can see why we have an impasse. "

linky - Buffalo Bills Camp Report

This makes it sound like the Bills will insist Peters play the 2008 season under the current deal, though they may be willing to talk about re-doing/extending his contract for AFTER this season. I really think this is the only thing that makes any sense as to why Peters hasn't shown up yet. If he really believed he could have gotten a new deal done for this year, he would have been here. I think he knew from the start that wasn't going to happen, so he decided the only way he had to "protest" that decision was to sit out of training camp as long as possible, and just come back in time for the regular season.

Of course, who knows how accurate Clark's information is.

I like Clark Judge a lot, but the problem with his statement is that there's no context. Where did he get this information from? A source on the Bills, another reporter, interpretation from what he's read or heard? Brandon has never said that in public, AFAIK.

And if he does, he will demand to be traded and if they don't he will sit, again. After the childish whining in the media about him that Brandon did, he will want out of here as soon as he can get out of here. After seeing how they treated Schobel, giving him a new deal before camp, he will justly wonder why he is getting shafted.

Oh yeah, Brandon was whining to the media... Too bad they gave Schoebel a new contract late in August, AFTER all the OTAs, meetings, and well into training camp. But keep on twisting the facts, you do it so well.

That's how the game is played. Holding out is part of the game. Ignoring a holdout who has 3 years left is part of the game. Owing a team 3 years of service and having zero leverage is also part of the game.

PTR

I totally agree. What I don't understand is why people think these contracts are so sacred if you're the player but not if you're the team.

I like Clark Judge a lot, but the problem with his statement is that there's no context. Where did he get this information from? A source on the Bills, another reporter, interpretation from what he's read or heard? Brandon has never said that in public, AFAIK.

Sal Maiorana's source was "A Bills official". Of course Brandon isn't going to say that in public, he's a smart guy.

Peters will not be offered a new deal until after he proves he will show up at OTA's next season and trainng camp.

3 years left on his extended deal, that the Bills initiated and he pulls this stoopid crap by not even communicating with the team.

The Bill swon't budge, and they will force Peters to show his dedication andprove he is really worth elite LT money.... and you can bet the farm any contract Peters gets from here on in is going to be heavily incentive.

Peters has shot his won foot here...