Anything new on Peters??

BobbyC81

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just sittin at home, rackin up the fines, not helping his team...

im over it. lets move on. at least we didnt even waste a draft pick on him (let alone the 4th in the draft)

Yeah your right. He`s probably home housing some wings and pounding brewskies. What kind of game shape could he possibly be in ? What a fool ,I hope he and his agent are having fun watching football. Let him sit. 3.5 mill isnt peanuts. Lets Go BUFFALOOOOO :unsure:

I'm thinking the sound of crickets is a sign...

Combine that with the fact WE aren't really clamoring so loudly for his return, and neither is the buffalo media... that tells me he'd better show up... It isn't that we're a better team without him, but the Bills are preparing to move on without him for now.

Today, another thing came to mind... He hasn't been in camp at all with our new OC... While they probably haven't changed too much in terms of his blocking schemes... he's not prepared at all for this season.

I hope the Bills stand their ground, and refuse to negotiate until he shows up. We can't set any precedents.

Personally I find it hard to believe he will sit the season. I think he'll show once camp closes. He's being a selfish arse. No one comes before the team.

Exactly. Otherwise you invite more holdouts. Stay firm, Bills.

I know one thing.....I really hope to god that when he does come in (and he will) that we do NOT reverse the fines he is getting

actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they waived the fines as part of the negotiation. IMO, it's a valuable give-back from the FO when you're trying to get a deal done. Or they just raise the bonus money by that amount to save face.

This has been probably already mentioned before but for initially being a FA and coming from the TE position he should compare last years contract as amazing feat to have achieved. Granted he has played phenominal but he just signed a new contract and the coaches have performed a miracle by switching his position and coaching him to the level he's playing at now.........but he's only been playing @ this level for one year. If anything he should get in camp, play like has has been, and work out an agreement for negotiating a new contract next year.

What do people here think........that he has become greedy all of a sudden or is someone suggesting he hold-out? (agent, family, etc.)

I'm thinking the sound of crickets is a sign...

Combine that with the fact WE aren't really clamoring so loudly for his return, and neither is the buffalo media... that tells me he'd better show up... It isn't that we're a better team without him, but the Bills are preparing to move on without him for now.

Today, another thing came to mind... He hasn't been in camp at all with our new OC... While they probably haven't changed too much in terms of his blocking schemes... he's not prepared at all for this season.

If that is the case, he will get traded to a team that will pay him what he is worth and be a fixture in the pro bowl for years. That'll show him.

I am not willing to accept one decent preseason outing from the offense as proof positive that we have no need for a pro bowl left tackle. Call me crazy but I don't see Duke Preston getting snaps at RT, a position he has never played before, as reason to be optimistic.

This has been probably already mentioned before but for initially being a FA and coming from the TE position he should compare last years contract as amazing feat to have achieved. Granted he has played phenominal but he just signed a new contract and the coaches have performed a miracle by switching his position and coaching him to the level he's playing at now.........but he's only been playing @ this level for one year. If anything he should get in camp, play like has has been, and work out an agreement for negotiating a new contract next year.

What do people here think........that he has become greedy all of a sudden or is someone suggesting he hold-out? (agent, family, etc.)

The team has made it clear, they are not going to renegotiate his contract this year. As they have said over and over, they expect him to live up to the commitment he made two years ago. They won't give him a new deal and he won't play without one. That adds up to a stalemate, otherwise known as a "holdout".

If that is the case, he will get traded to a team that will pay him what he is worth and be a fixture in the pro bowl for years. That'll show him.

I am not willing to accept one decent preseason outing from the offense as proof positive that we have no need for a pro bowl left tackle. Call me crazy but I don't see Duke Preston getting snaps at RT, a position he has never played before, as reason to be optimistic.

That about sums it up.

I hope the Bills stand their ground, and refuse to negotiate until he shows up. We can't set any precedents.

Personally I find it hard to believe he will sit the season. I think he'll show once camp closes. He's being a selfish arse. No one comes before the team.

We aren't talking about a High School team here. This is what they do for a living, this is how they feed their families. I bet your employer would be more profitable if you took a 50% pay cut. Any chance you will put your "team" first and give back half your paycheck? These guys aren't being any more selfish than any of us are when we try to get the best pay we can get for the work we do.

That about sums it up.

Duke has looked good every preseason and yet, without fail, has been next to useless once the regular season started. The team will do whatever they feel they have to do money wise with Peters. But don't tell me we aren't a better team with Jason Peters.

Duke has looked good every preseason and yet, without fail, has been next to useless once the regular season started. The team will do whatever they feel they have to do money wise with Peters. But don't tell me we aren't a better team with Jason Peters.

So did Dan Brandenberg.

The Steelers game did indicate that the offense is capable of getting better than last year. Trent and Lynch are more experienced, and Evans is playing for a new (huge) contract. Imagine what they could do with a pro bowl LT!

This is a mess, and it gets worse every day. :devil:

PS: Ralph can well afford to pay Peters.