Anything new on Peters??

BobbyC81

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What more do you need to hear? The PFW headline says it all.

Solid play of Bills' O-line leaves Peters with few options

If the Bills starters can run the ball successfully against Indy then Peters has nothing to bargain against.

He gambled and he may have very well lost!!!!

Peters has zero leverage as long as the Bills don't blink.

With all due respect Senator, why are you so hell bent on punishing our best player?

May I respectfully remind you that we are not talking about our money. This is a battle between a guy with hundreds of millions and a millionaire. It is also about the Bills fielding and building a winning/playoff team.

Perhaps both sides need to swallow their pride to some degree, no?

A good, and fair question, Bill - and I'm not sure I have a good answer as to why I get so riled at things like this.

I guess part of it is that these guys make $millions$ to play a game that they've loved since they were kids, while noble professions like teachers, police officers, firefighters, nurses, and countless other good honest people struggle every day to pay the mortgage, fill the gas tank, clothe & educate their children, and put food on the table. How much is enough for this petulant, greedy, 26 year old?

The other issue that irks me is that the guy signed a contract. Now, other guys are making more money. That's too bad, but that's life. When college players drafted into the NBA were being signed for more than Larry Bird was making, without having even touched a ball in the pros, LB shrugged it off and honored his contract.

The Bills took a chance on this kid, signing him as an undrafted FA, switching him from TE to RT, then LT, paying him handsomely while they taught and groomed him - then tore up his original contract and gave him a better deal, which he was very happy with. Now, in an effort to improve the team, the Bills sign some high-priced free agents that might get us to the next level, and this is how Peters behaves? After one decent season, which he didn't even finish due to injury?

Finally, I'm not ready to accept that he's the best player on the team. (3...2...1...flame away... :unsure: ) He had a decent season where his performance stood out on an offense that was pitiful. Now there's a new OL coach, and a new OC, some new personnel, and I expect more players will shine. Let's say you're right about Trent Edwards (it's looking like you are) - if he has a great year, should he hold out for top QB money? If Marshawn leads the league in rushing (I think he will), should he hold out for top RB money?

Peters will get his money, eventually, if he continues to play at a high level. My question to you is - are you suggesting that stupidity, bad behavior, and not honoring one's word are things that should have no consequences or, even worse, be rewarded?

As always,

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!!

A good, and fair question, Bill - and I'm not sure I have a good answer as to why I get so riled at things like this.

I guess part of it is that these guys make $millions$ to play a game that they've loved since they were kids, while noble professions like teachers, police officers, firefighters, nurses, and countless other good honest people struggle every day to pay the mortgage, fill the gas tank, clothe & educate their children, and put food on the table. How much is enough for this petulant, greedy, 26 year old?

The other issue that irks me is that the guy signed a contract. Now, other guys are making more money. That's too bad, but that's life. When college players drafted into the NBA were being signed for more than Larry Bird was making, without having even touched a ball in the pros, LB shrugged it off and honored his contract.

The Bills took a chance on this kid, signing him as an undrafted FA, switching him from TE to RT, then LT, paying him handsomely while they taught and groomed him - then tore up his original contract and gave him a better deal, which he was very happy with. Now, in an effort to improve the team, the Bills sign some high-priced free agents that might get us to the next level, and this is how Peters behaves? After one decent season, which he didn't even finish due to injury?

Finally, I'm not ready to accept that he's the best player on the team. (3...2...1...flame away... :lol: ) He had a decent season where his performance stood out on an offense that was pitiful. Now there's a new OL coach, and a new OC, some new personnel, and I expect more players will shine. Let's say you're right about Trent Edwards (it's looking like you are) - if he has a great year, should he hold out for top QB money? If Marshawn leads the league in rushing (I think he will), should he hold out for top RB money?

Peters will get his money, eventually, if he continues to play at a high level. My question to you is - are you suggesting that stupidity, bad behavior, and not honoring one's word are things that should have no consequences or, even worse, be rewarded?

As always,

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!!

I must say that I love the dialogue. :unsure:

A case could be made that if this situation is settled in a reasonable way (for instance, Peters is paid less than Pace but more than Dockery), the actions of Peters and Parker were not at all stupid, no?

I have to believe that if Jauron saw this coming, he would have prepared for it at least in some way via the draft in terms of shoring up the OL. I think that he should have under any conditions, but that is another matter.

It appears to me that Peters had to force Ralph's hand to get more money (if he does get it), but this is nothing more than speculation by yours truly.

I must say that I love the dialogue. :unsure:

A case could be made that if this situation is settled in a reasonable way (for instance, Peters is paid less than Pace but more than Dockery), the actions of Peters and Parker were not at all stupid, no?

I have to believe that if Jauron saw this coming, he would have prepared for it at least in some way via the draft in terms of shoring up the OL. I think that he should have under any conditions, but that is another matter.

It appears to me that Peters had to force Ralph's hand to get more money (if he does get it), but this is nothing more than speculation by yours truly.

I don't want my team's head coach worrying about contractual matters. That's not his job. Jauron rightfully believed he had a starting All-Pro tackle under contract for three years. It's Brandon's job to analyze the contracts and determine how those matters should be handled.

I don't know if Jauron is the answer for Buffalo at head coach, but I'm tired of hearing him blamed for EVERYTHING that happens at OBD. He doesn't negotiate player contracts, he doesn't call the offensive plays, and he's not the only guy making decisions on personnel.