Do you think J.P. would stay in Buffalo

RVJ

and what exactly do you love about him? the number of wins he helped bring to the team? his gaudy stats? i would love to know

the guy has the tools but he simply isnt that good

Payton Mannings dad was never on a winning team when he played,Never.He was considered one of the better QBs in his time.I don't understand how they could consider that if he was on all loosing teams.Isn't it his fault that they were loosing teams?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No other teams showed any interest in the offseason so maybe he would stay but I doubt it. He probably wants to go and see what else is out there, but he has to realize the way he has played no team sees him as an upgrade and that he would have to compete again for a starting job and likely just be the back-up on another team. He is a good back-up in this league. He could help a team (ours included) for a few weeks but then his weaknesses shine through again and again.

You DON"T KNOW if any teams showed an interest in JP or not in the offseason.

I love the fact that he gave 100% from day one on. I love the fact that he always held the team first, himself second. I love the fact that he isn't whinning like a cry baby right now and providing a spark to a lack luster offense. I love the fact that he tried to take the time to do something good for the City of Buffalo. What do I love about this guy? everything, thats what I love about this guy.

Someone will give him an incentive-laden contract and the chance to start. There are always teams looking for QBs.

In the '09 offseason I expect these teams to be searching for an answer at QB: Miami, Baltimore, KC, Chicago, Detroit, Minney, Carolina, and Tampa.

JP is very athletic and has a cannon arm. His poor decision making, risk taking, poor accuracy, and improvising have plagued him and caused him to be inconsistent. It was always a love/hate relationship for me. I'd cheer him when he unloaded an 80 yarder to Lee, then boo him when he forced a throw that got picked off. The bad plays far outweighed the good ones IMO. But there is no denying his athleticism and arm strength.

I'd add the Jets to that list. In fact, b/w them, KC, and Minn (if Jackson continues to struggle) I could see JP on Gang Green next year.

I think they're realizing Clemens isn't the answer, Pennington's gone, JP has a man-crush on Favre so they'd mesh well, JP'd get some tutelage, and then when Brett ends the soap opera and retires for real, he'll be the top competitor (doubt they will give him the job, considering). Further, JP knows the division (will have special knowledge of a team they'll play twice), will have a chip on his shoulder re: the Bills, and has played well vs. the Jets in the past, so Mangina might be thinking he can fix JP. I think he'd even take less money to go into that situation. A lot of stars align, but then, UFA is a phenomenon all to itself.

his agent already said that Losman will not be playing in buffalo next year.

The only way I see Losman playing here next year is if Edwards gets hurt early in the year, Losman leads this team to the playoffs( & by leads this team I mean actually having a big hand in the outcome of some wins) makes the Pro Bowl & Wilson is pretty much backed in a corner & has to sign him to not piss off the fan base. This is highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. Who would of thought they would gave Flutie a big contract after his first season, a year after giving RJ the big contract.

If for some reason there is a head coaching change, I think anything is possible. Given the way Jauron has bungled Losman's career, there's no way he resigns with him still in charge.

Jauron has bungled his career? Last time I checked, Mularkey, TD and JP himself are the ones more responsible for that.

Jauron has bungled his career? Last time I checked, Mularkey, TD and JP himself are the ones more responsible for that.

It's a matter of opinion, of course, but to me the way Jauron turned Losman from "talented young QB looking to build on a very solid '06 season" to "dud" in about 10 weeks qualifies as "bungling."

Guest dog14787
It's a matter of opinion, of course, but to me the way Jauron turned Losman from "talented young QB looking to build on a very solid '06 season" to "dud" in about 10 weeks qualifies as "bungling."

Fairchild changed the offense to more of a style Trent Edwards would fit into even though Trent Edwards hadn't hit the field yet, (you may remember the complaints by Losman at the time) complaints Losman was heavily critisized for,add the fact the offense was never molded properly to match Losmans great wheels and to me it was a huge bungle on JP's career :huh:

My guess is these decisions came from the top, possibly higher than Jauron and I'll bet the contract status of JP also played a big part. Trent Edwards came into the league so highly reccomended by Bill walsh that under the circumstances, I believe Marv Levy felt an obligation to help kick start Trent Edwards career.

Odd man out, JP Losman :P

Favre would not have made much of a difference on the Bills teams JP has played on. The Bills teams JP played on are much closer to the 2007 Dolphins than the 2007 Vikings.

:P:huh:

Again, Losman inherited a 9-7 football team. Yet, continue to make up things to prove a point.

Fact is, Losman has had about 4 or 5 quality starts. He has all the talent in the world but it takes more than that to succed in the pros.

I have no preference in who's the QB. I just want the best guy to finally take us to the playoffs. If it's Ralph Wilson, I will support him. I'm not overwhelmed by Losman playing well against 2nd stringers in the first preseason game. If he truly does prove himself to be far superior than Edwards by the end of camp, then we should worry about this. However, that thought terrifies me. I just can't stomach another season of Losman falling short of expectations. But if he proves himself, I will support him like ever Bills' player.

Please. JP sucked against the Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins and Jags. It was his own fault. As for his promising 2006 season, he had like 4 good starts (against terrible defenses but that's besides the point I guess). Two different coachign staffs benched him. In at least 75% of his starts, he was an average to below average QB. It's not "hating", it's the truth.

Again, I don't care who is the QB. Both seem like good guys. But one thing I hate is crappy QB play that this team has had for 8 years. IF I was a coach, I'd be very nervous to place all my cards on JP too. He is jsut too inconsistent. But let's stop with the excuses people. JP Losman himself lost his job.

And so I'm not called a "hater," Edwards sucked on Saturday. :huh:

Guest dog14787
if I were JP Losman, there'd be no way in hell that I'd come back to Buffalo.

He's not gone yet and all you have to do is read through all the new topics and posts to see JP Losman has huge fan support.

JP wouldn't blame his teamates , fans or the city of Buffalo for what has happened and I Billieve Jp's heart ( broken as it is ) :huh: is still in Buffalo.

Please. JP sucked against the Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins and Jags. It was his own fault. As for his promising 2006 season, he had like 4 good starts (against terrible defenses but that's besides the point I guess). Two different coachign staffs benched him. In at least 75% of his starts, he was an average to below average QB. It's not "hating", it's the truth.

Again, I don't care who is the QB. Both seem like good guys. But one thing I hate is crappy QB play that this team has had for 8 years. IF I was a coach, I'd be very nervous to place all my cards on JP too. He is jsut too inconsistent. But let's stop with the excuses people. JP Losman himself lost his job.

And so I'm not called a "hater," Edwards sucked on Saturday. :huh:

Please. I've written pages on the progress Losman made year over year from '05 to '06. You clearly don't care about those facts. Regardless, Losman basically lost his job because of two starts and an injury. The minute Juaron refused to give Losman a vote of confidence after Edwards' competent performance against the worst team in the league, it was over for Losman. The great games and the bad games by Losman after the fact were just interesting footnotes. We better just pray that Jauron (or whoever is pulling the strings) doesn't do the same thing to Edwards or he'll no chance of developing into a solid quarterback.

He's not gone yet and all you have to do is read through all the new topics and posts to see JP Losman has huge fan support.

JP wouldn't blame his teamates , fans or the city of Buffalo for what has happened and I Billieve Jp's heart ( broken as it is ) :huh: is still in Buffalo.

But he will blame the coaching staff and the owner.

Jauron didn't turn him from anything into anything else. Losman's inconsistent play, poor vision and subpar instinct took care of that for him. Losman had a few decent starts at the end of the '06 season, against sorry teams, and when it no longer mattered. These teams were not in contention, and neither were the Bills. These teams played down to the Bills level. He didn't beat anybody's A game, he at most saw their B-, C game.

People need to stop making excuses for him and just come to grips with the fact that he had his chances (many more chances than most young QBs could ever dream of seeing) and he did nothing with them. Rare flashes of brilliance over four seasons are not what you can equate to even a mild measure of success, and especially not enough to earn you spot as the leader of a professional franchise. It is time for hime to realize his chances are over and step aside for the next contender.

JP's career is not going nicely along, but it is so far away from bungled this word does not apply at all to the current situation for JP regarding his career.

The idea that this alleged "bungling" was all Jauron's doing also departs from reality.

I do not think anyone judges JP not to be a talented young QB. Do you make a different judgment?

He is a talented young QB coming off an 07 which saw him:

1. Lose his job to an injury caused by the Wilfork hit and Edwards play as a sub.

2. Gain his starting job back when injury force Edwards to the bench in the NYJ game.

3. Saw him just win with the team so that Jauron and the braintrust could not sit him if they wanted to.

4. He called himself out declaring the Jax game make or break for him and do you disagree that he broke?

JP is doing fine. It appears doubtful IMHO that he will ever start for the Bills again unless Edwards gets hurt (possible) or sucks incredibly badly (possible also but doubtful to me he will be that bad).

JP strikes me as likely:

1. Plays out his time as a Bill with Edwards maintaining the starting slot and then hits FA where this talented young QB operating in a world where GB is starting a QB who never started before, where NYJ is happy to cut their starter when a new possibility comes out of retirement, and MIA is happy to take the NYJ reject as their starting QB. Losman will almost certainly be able to sign a hefty contract as an FA which at worse will be a huge contract with contingencies for performance.

2. Gets a start with the Bills due to injury or failure by Edwards. In this case, he will get the chance to once again prove himself as the QB whom Jauron could not sit last year because he moved the team until Losman himself called himself out against Jax.

I doubt JP will ever be the starter for the Bills because to obtain this he would have to:

1. Win the confidence of his teammates who he let down when he called himself out- The good news is this will be quite possible and actually already has started with the good JP performance Sat.

2. Win the confidence of the Bills fans at a game- This is not there, but again should be quite doable if her wins a game. The vocal majority of fans care very much about right here and right now so if JP is winning we will be fine.

3. Win back the confidence of the local media- I doubt this will ever happen as the WGRs and Sullivans of the world have too much money to make out of selling commercials and column inches by ragging on him. There is also a vocal segment of the "fanbase" which gets entertainment from ragging on some rich athlete from the comfort of their couch. This group will be served and egged on by the WGRs of the world and likely will almost never forgive JP's failures.

Yet even in the face of this negativism, my sense is that JP will have a career which far exceeds the careers of QBs such as Todd Collins who have even though only episodically successful as an NFL QB have done quite nicely for themselves.

Heck Bledsoe has an SB ring he deserves, even RJ has a ring (which he does not deserve as a player IMHO) and things are such in the NFL that a two-time loser like Brad Johnson won a ring.

JP's career bungled? Not by a longshot.

Please. JP sucked against the Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins and Jags. It was his own fault.

Dolphins and Jags I'll grant were all on JP...but Fairchild sabotaged him in the 1st 2 games last season.

Answer this...JP starts out 2006 in a close-to-the-vest vanilla offense and he struggles. After the bye, they opened things up and he played remarkably better. Why the hell would anyone switch back to that same close-to-the-vest offense that we struggled with in 2006....because that's exactly what Fairchild did at the beginning of last season.

We better just pray that Jauron (or whoever is pulling the strings) doesn't do the same thing to Edwards or he'll no chance of developing into a solid quarterback.

I hope the QB situation does not play itself out as in Mularkey's last season here. The pieces are in place (sorry, Wannstedt) if Jauron thinks his job is on the line.