I bet the kool aid drinkers and Losman haters...

1billsfan

You're trusting Joe Theisman? That too high observation didn't translate to the actual game. He threw more too low passes, three, than his too high passes, two. All five of his bad passes hit the receiver in both hands (the Parrish bomb, the goalline Parrish slant which was a lousy pass, the low Parrish slant, the Hardy slant and the twopoint conversion.) three were very productive plays and two were drops even though they were not good passes. All others were right on the money including things he allegedly doesn't do well like dump offs and screens

I too think Jauron should have gave Trent one more series but virtually all teams and coaches give the starters a quarter in the first game.

Theisman is a blow hard, no doubt, but, he does have some experience. I don't have the benefit of breaking down all of JP's passes from last night, but I thought he looked as accurate as he usuually does. I am hoping, whoever ends up being our QB this year, they are more accurate than either of our guys were last night. Theisman's point was, as I took it, that even if you complete a lot of passes, if they are high (or low I would guess) your receiver really doesn't have much of a chance to get much yardage after the catch. Roscoe Parrish, IMO, could be a great weapon with right QB. It seems that he is always having to adjust to those short passes (doesn't matter which guy is throwing them), and he rarely gets much yardage after the catch, becuase the defense has had time to close in on him. What Brady and Welker did last year, is kind of what I envision Parrish being capable of.

Also, I realize that the amount of time that Edwards got last night was pretty much on par with what coaches do, but there is no rule that it has to be that way. If the Bills are truly committed to Edwards, IMO, they should throw out the unwritten rules, and let that offensive unit play together more. If this team is serious about "playoffs or bust" this year, they really can't afford to get off to another slow start. The division got a little tougher this week.

If they don't win about 5 of their first 8 games, I don't think they are going anywhere. You would think they would be getting tired of the late season rally that comes up "just short" of a playoff spot. An awful lot is going to have to go right for them, I just think they should use this time so they are ready opening week.

Ok, the reason the Starters did not play more is because they have already made the team. The coaching staff is trying to figure out who the second and third string is going to be. I am frankly surprised that there is so much whining on the board about the first live action we have seen this year.

I am note sure you can compare JP to TE and there snaps yesterday. Sure JP had more attempts and receptions. He also had a TD, but he was in for a lot more plays. This is TE first Preseason as a starter. I would think it would take a little bit to get the jitters out. Do I give him a pass for yesterday. Yes I do! In game four of the preseason, if he doesn't do better, than yeah I think we can start to make judgments.

Our D is still trying to get some continuity. It did not have its leader playing in DW. Stroud only played one series. I think it is way to early to see the sky falling. I think some people need to take a nap or get a different hobby then sports if they are making opinions after one game.

...sure enjoyed last nights game. :D

Excuse #1..."Hey, it's just preseason. Edwards and the other Bills starters are just pretending to be bad."

Last night I saw a head coach who's still clueless, a starting QB who still has a weak arm and won't throw the ball deep and offensive and defensive lines that are really really bad.

And if you have a problem with my negativity, then as Mr. Barnes would say...I couldn't care any less.

Must be preseason. Early preseason. Not surprised to see how many over-reacting, negative, whiny posts there are following that game. Par for the course here.

Hey 1billsfan: Waa. And if you think Jauron is clueless, you're clueless. Oh, and Waa.

PS: Waa.

Must be preseason. Early preseason. Not surprised to see how many over-reacting, negative, whiny posts there are following that game. Par for the course here.

Hey 1billsfan: Waa. And if you think Jauron is clueless, you're clueless. Oh, and Waa.

PS: Waa.

1 of 32 head football coaches in the NFL = clueless about football :D

Also, I realize that the amount of time that Edwards got last night was pretty much on par with what coaches do, but there is no rule that it has to be that way. If the Bills are truly committed to Edwards, IMO, they should throw out the unwritten rules, and let that offensive unit play together more.

Agreed. They're setting Edwards up to be second-guessed. Let him get his act together and put together a decent drive before yanking him. Please don't screw up another young quarterback. I hate to acknowledge this, but how these quarterbacks are perceived is important and they're not doing Edwards any favors in that department.

However, I am concerned about how much Edwards' has refered to "playing in front of crowds" in his interviews lately. You're supposedly a starting NFL QB. Stop mentioning how you have to adjust to playing in front of a crowd.

Also, the critiques of Losman's completions are pretty funny at this point. The guy missed several practices this week with a thumb injury on his throwing hand, completes 7 of 9 passes and both his incompletions hit receivers in two hands. The one Hardy dropped would've hit him in the head. He had a pretty good night.

You're trusting Joe Theisman? That too high observation didn't translate to the actual game. He threw more too low passes, three, than his too high passes, two. All five of his bad passes hit the receiver in both hands (the Parrish bomb, the goalline Parrish slant which was a lousy pass, the low Parrish slant, the Hardy slant and the twopoint conversion.) three were very productive plays and two were drops even though they were not good passes. All others were right on the money including things he allegedly doesn't do well like dump offs and screens

I too think Jauron should have gave Trent one more series but virtually all teams and coaches give the starters a quarter in the first game.

I heard Theisman say that JP throws the ball "too hot" most of the time, FWIW.

I heard Theisman say that JP throws the ball "too hot" most of the time, FWIW.

If he said that, my bad...I thought he said "too high". Normally, QB's tend to throw high, when they are more concerned with throwing an interception, than they are with completing a pass. He said that JP was throwing high in warmups (I thought). I am not sure what "too hot" would mean.

Ok, the reason the Starters did not play more is because they have already made the team. The coaching staff is trying to figure out who the second and third string is going to be. I am frankly surprised that there is so much whining on the board about the first live action we have seen this year.

Our D is still trying to get some continuity. It did not have its leader playing in DW. Stroud only played one series. I think it is way to early to see the sky falling. I think some people need to take a nap or get a different hobby then sports if they are making opinions after one game.

Well you tell us if that's the smart way to approach things. The team was terrible last season and this is an opportunity to get them a couple extra series under a new OC to establish some much needed chemistry and find their way. Leaving that for the season-home opener against Seattle is negligent IMO.

Agree with you on the overreaction by many people, but only to an extent. We were not capable last season, so the assumption that all of a sudden this team is going to play capably is a poor one.

Fans have a full right to be skeptical and critical right now. After we dust the Seahawks and put the Raiders and Rams to bed early, if that happens, which I too am skeptical about, then we can begin the "see, none of it mattered" talk. But not until then.

And if we come out flat against the Seahawks, then the very first question that everyone is going to have is why didn't the first units get more reps in the PS games.

If he said that, my bad...I thought he said "too high". Normally, QB's tend to throw high, when they are more concerned with throwing an interception, than they are with completing a pass. He said that JP was throwing high in warmups (I thought). I am not sure what "too hot" would mean.

He did say JP was throwing the ball "too high" in practice. My problem with the comment was, like very often happens when Theisman makes one, is that when you actually watch what is happening, that wasn't the case. That's why Theisman and Maguire were so horrid as announcers. A play would happen, and they would say, "Now watch this!" and whatever "this" was very often wasn't what was happening on the replay. JP could have very well thrown the ball high in practice but he didn't do it a lot in the game, although the one to Parrish was a bad throw and too high, even though it hit him in both hands.

What he means by "too hot" I presume, is sometimes Losman throws short passes too hard when he doesn't need to and makes it more difficult on his receivers than is necessary. He doesn't do it nearly as much as he used to, and I don't think he did it once on Saturday though. He still does it more than you would like.

I am note sure you can compare JP to TE and there snaps yesterday. Sure JP had more attempts and receptions. He also had a TD, but he was in for a lot more plays. This is TE first Preseason as a starter. I would think it would take a little bit to get the jitters out. Do I give him a pass for yesterday. Yes I do! In game four of the preseason, if he doesn't do better, than yeah I think we can start to make judgments.

Really??

People like Losman...they like him a lot. We just don't like him as a starting QB.....he unfortunately is not going to be a starting QB in this league. So he had a good 1st preseason game against the Redskins' second stringers.....wow, way to go for your 4th year in the league. How did he do last year? How about the year before that in actual games? Oh, he got outplayed by Kelly Holcomb who is not even in the league anymore, is he? He will be a good back-up in the league and that is fine. Nobody wants him as their starter

And if we come out flat against the Seahawks, then the very first question that everyone is going to have is why didn't the first units get more reps in the PS games.

Because preseason games are not much more than an indication of what needs to be worked on in practice. They fine tune things in practice, not in games. Once you see what the problems are, there is no need to repeat them

I couldn't care less about the negativity, but think that ANYONE out there who is going to be part of discussions of yet another QB controversy is a complete idiot. Stability is apparently underrated in Buffalo...and J.P. has already proved OVER AND OVER again that he's not competent enough to be a starting Quarterback at this level. Is Edwards the answers?? I don't know, but I'm not going to get worried over a "bad performance" from a guy that took 9 snaps on Saturday.

Sorry but I couldn't care less. The mob here got a dose of reality last night and now they have to start dealing with it. It's ok to talk frankly about our "flawed" team. It's actually a healthy thing to do.

Sometimes I wonder why people intentionally do things that will obviously have a negative result. How for example has 1billsfan posted here thousands of times when he is universally hated? Is there a reason you come here to be negative? You could have said the SAME thing you said in your post, but not come off as a pompous moron. For example: JP looked fairly good in the passing game, while Trent played poorly, why aren't we talking QB controversy? I encourage people to put 1bilssfan on their ignore list. Unless, that is, you enjoy freaking out when he makes his normal imbecile comments.

If memory serves, they cancelled the last day of one of those 3-day thingees - saying that things looked good or some sort of hogwash. That was when the Lynch hit 'n run thing was ongoing. My impression of dropping the last day was so they could clam up.

Attended camp last Wednesday. Running plays were 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Passing attack was better. JP was sharper than TE. Tons of standing around doing nothing. Players sauntering from practice position to practice position. Absolutely no hustle exhibited by anyone. Not a single audible cheer from the onlookers related to onfield happenings.

What do I see in first pre-season? Same thing I saw in practice...essentially nothing. Team picks up where they finished last season.

Bills need a head coaching change BADLY.

Because preseason games are not much more than an indication of what needs to be worked on in practice. They fine tune things in practice, not in games. Once you see what the problems are, there is no need to repeat them

I guess that appears to make sense, even if it doesn't! :huh:

Is sitting the starters to find out who is going to make the team a smart decision? Most teams do it. Yes we were 7-9 last year. Yes, we had lots of injuries. The problem is if we are playing our starters a lot then the coaches will not see who needs to be cut. I agree the starters need more live action time to gel together. I still think this was the first PS game and needs to be taken at face value. I think 3 and 4 will tell us a whole lot more than 1 and 2.

Is there a reason you come here to be negative?

Yes, it's because I got tired of reading and hearing how "great" the Bills are going to be from the fans, local media and players. I'm tired of the hype machine. It's my only way to fight the over confidence tide. Last year made me an angry fan. I can't stand the coach, I can't stand players guaranteeing playoffs, I can't stand them laying down at the beginning and the end of every season. Ever since the "Music City Miracle" hey have NEVER lived up to the hype. Last week I got hammered at my negative comments about the Bills. Well they not only looked bad, but downright pathetic a few nights ago. But you and others felt the need to hit me hard whenever I would have anything negative to say about the Bills. I think you need to toughen up, just like your Fighting Irish, we might be in for a long season.

Making points is legitimate. Just coming across as negative and mad is what people don't like. You can prove a point without taking it to an extreme. So you didn't like what you saw on Saturday. I am not sure any of us liked what we saw. We are just not ready to write this team off based on the first preseason game. You just seemed to take a huge jump after one preseason game. I am not sure this team makes the playoffs. I am not sure how good this team will be. I am hoping for a 9-7 season. I am not sure we are much better then that talent wise. I think we are on the rise. I do not think we are far off from being a borderline great team. We need a couple things to fall into place. If they do then we will be good for a long time.

Making points is legitimate. Just coming across as negative and mad is what people don't like. You can prove a point without taking it to an extreme. So you didn't like what you saw on Saturday. I am not sure any of us liked what we saw. We are just not ready to write this team off based on the first preseason game. You just seemed to take a huge jump after one preseason game. I am not sure this team makes the playoffs. I am not sure how good this team will be. I am hoping for a 9-7 season. I am not sure we are much better then that talent wise. I think we are on the rise. I do not think we are far off from being a borderline great team. We need a couple things to fall into place. If they do then we will be good for a long time.

Good post.

Yes, it's because I got tired of reading and hearing how "great" the Bills are going to be from the fans, local media and players. I'm tired of the hype machine. It's my only way to fight the over confidence tide. Last year made me an angry fan. I can't stand the coach, I can't stand players guaranteeing playoffs, I can't stand them laying down at the beginning and the end of every season. Ever since the "Music City Miracle" hey have NEVER lived up to the hype. Last week I got hammered at my negative comments about the Bills. Well they not only looked bad, but downright pathetic a few nights ago. But you and others felt the need to hit me hard whenever I would have anything negative to say about the Bills. I think you need to toughen up, just like your Fighting Irish, we might be in for a long season.

You must be a miserable person. Why do you have such a problem with people getting excited about a team going into the season? Most of us are fans, so thats what we do, we get excited when the season starts. Just because YOU hate the coach doesnt mean everyone else does.

You want people to pay attention to you? Stop posting like a fuggin 4 year old. Try doing some analysis of why you think they didnt play well and what can be done to correct the problems instead of your normal worthless drivel, which consists of nothing more than "the bills suck, dick jauron sucks, everything else sucks."

You are one miserable dude. Why not wait and see how the season unfolds before you start throwing lamps at the Misery Party? Lighten up, it's football. And we'll be good. World beaters? Not likely. But good. Hey, I promise. :huh:

You're the kind of guy that knocks ice cream out of a kid's hand cause he just shouldn't be that happy- life is tough. Let me get this straight. You are frustrated, so you come on here and bash everything about the team ad nauseum. Exactly what do you get out of that? I was going to put you on ignore, but instead I am renaming you Eeyore, cause you're simply the most miserable person I have come across.

In this instance...no touch...fastball (least that's what I think he means).

Yeah, that's what I thought Theisman was talking about.

Funny part is, buftex and I were watching the game right next to each other. :huh: It was in a bar though, so I could easily be wrong.

I love the complete disregard for the fact that there is a difference between a team playing their second game (Skins) versus the Bills playing their first game. People are really shocked the Bills didn't look efficient and cohesive? They haven't looked that way in 8 years!! Why were we expecting it in the first live action in months, against a team who has already mixed it up? Relax folks, relax. The Bills are going to give you some incredible Sundays this year, and there will be others where you're not sure why you even bother watching this garbage team. And then six days later, you'll be cheering them on again.

Two things that bothered me:

1) I understand they have offensive scripted plays to start games, but Schoenert should've sent Lee Evans into the end zone on PLAY 1. Tell Trent to hit Evans or throw it 7-yards out of back of the end zone if he's covered. I think it could've gone a long way, after an unexpected turnover, to show the entire team that this is a new offense.

2) On the Bills 2nd FG drive, they never once threw into the end zone. I remember they had a game last season where they had 5-6 trips into the red zone and not once did they attempt a pass in the 10-yard scoring area. You get ZERO points for a pass over the middle to the 4-yard line. I was wondering why they bothered drafting Hardy- thankfully Losman went to him next time they got down there.

Yeah, that's what I thought Theisman was talking about.

Funny part is, buftex and I were watching the game right next to each other. :wallbash: It was in a bar though, so I could easily be wrong.

The voices in my head were making too much noise...you are probably right. Just the play he said it, JP threw a high pass to Parrish, IIRC!

I couldn't care less about the negativity, but think that ANYONE out there who is going to be part of discussions of yet another QB controversy is a complete idiot. Stability is apparently underrated in Buffalo...and J.P. has already proved OVER AND OVER again that he's not competent enough to be a starting Quarterback at this level. Is Edwards the answers?? I don't know, but I'm not going to get worried over a "bad performance" from a guy that took 9 snaps on Saturday.

You hit the nail right on the head, but far too few people understand that here. No QB we've had has had the support of the coaching staff for a full two seasons yet since Bledsoe left. Ironically it was Bledsoe that had it for what, four years.

Once the problems are understood, then people can rant about them in forums like this and put some public pressure on the team.

I'd just like to say that Carson Palmer had a crappy preaseason game. 2 of 6 for like 7 yards. cut him. He sucks as bad as edwards!

The point about Edwards not playing well is he looked shakey, as he did at the end of last year. He completed less than 60% of his passes last year threw more INTS than TDs and had a 73 QB rating. All of which was adaquite IMO. But in the offseason i never heard anything about him other than he put on ten pounds of muscle. With the hype here on the board and in the media i think most bills fans were expecting a better performance

Plus Edwards is no where near Carson Palmer as a starter. Edwards has to prove he is the guy because our entire season rests on his shoulders. Preseason or not he has to play better

...sure enjoyed last nights game. :thumbsup:

Excuse #1..."Hey, it's just preseason. Edwards and the other Bills starters are just pretending to be bad."

Last night I saw a head coach who's still clueless, a starting QB who still has a weak arm and won't throw the ball deep and offensive and defensive lines that are really really bad.

And if you have a problem with my negativity, then as Mr. Barnes would say...I couldn't care any less.

ahem