Stevie Johnson getting a madden ratings boost!

Drew026

The game is pretty legit, I picked it up today. Buffalo is pretty legit in the game. They have Hardy and Evans starting at WR with Roscoe at number 3, Reed at 4, and Johnson 5.

BTW, I was able to run back a kick with McGee, it was flat out NASTY!!!

Game still hasn't even released yet. Has been bumped from a 71-75...kid must be doing work in camp.

Do we have a lot of Maddenites on this board?

I went to camp Saturday. Steve Johnson looked phenomenal. Every QB that threw to him, be it Edwards, Hamdan or Baker, all looked for Johnson. He caught a pass from every QB, I believe. The kid is a player.

I thought the most telling thing about Johnson was when he didn't even make a catch. On a poorly throw ball, I forget by whom, during red zone drills, Steve Johnson made a great play on the ball by adjusting to the badly thrown pass and almost came down with a touchdown in the corner of the end zone. Trust me when I tell you it would have been one for the highlight reel.

Let's hope the Bills' coaching staff plays him even if there aren't any injuries to the starting receivers. I fear that Coach Jauron doesn't have a very good eye for talent. Dick and company didn't even take a look at Jabari Greer or Fred Jackson until they had absolutely no choice last year and look how talented they turned out to be.

I went to camp Saturday. Steve Johnson looked phenomenal. Every QB that threw to him, be it Edwards, Hamdan or Baker, all looked for Johnson. He caught a pass from every QB, I believe. The kid is a player.

I thought the most telling thing about Johnson was when he didn't even make a catch. On a poorly throw ball, I forget by whom, during red zone drills, Steve Johnson made a great play on the ball by adjusting to the badly thrown pass and almost came down with a touchdown in the corner of the end zone. Trust me when I tell you it would have been one for the highlight reel.

Let's hope the Bills' coaching staff plays him even if there aren't any injuries to the starting receivers. I fear that Coach Jauron doesn't have a very good eye for talent. Dick and company didn't even take a look at Jabari Greer or Fred Jackson until they had absolutely no choice last year and look how talented they turned out to be.

Interesting point. At the same time, not one other NFL team drafted either of those guys. So you need to credit Jauron and company for even having them on the roster. The NFL is such a ruthless business that a lot of guys who can play might never get a shot unless something extreme happens to the playing in front of them (Brady, Warner, Derek Anderson, Ryan Grant). Higher drafter players are always gonna get the first crack at playing.

Interesting point. At the same time, not one other NFL team drafted either of those guys. So you need to credit Jauron and company for even having them on the roster. The NFL is such a ruthless business that a lot of guys who can play might never get a shot unless something extreme happens to the playing in front of them (Brady, Warner, Derek Anderson, Ryan Grant). Higher drafter players are always gonna get the first crack at playing.

Good point.

The game is pretty legit, I picked it up today. Buffalo is pretty legit in the game. They have Hardy and Evans starting at WR with Roscoe at number 3, Reed at 4, and Johnson 5.

BTW, I was able to run back a kick with McGee, it was flat out NASTY!!!

Picked it up today? :wallbash: Find that hard to believe because it doesn't even hit the stores until Tuesday. :lol: Unless you are employed by "The Gamestop" or something and were able to steal a copy from the backroom at work. :angry:

Hopefully the guy can be this year's version of Marques Colston. We need to have some luck around here, getting a steal in the draft, for a change. :thumbsup:

Picked it up today? :D Find that hard to believe because it doesn't even hit the stores until Tuesday. :thumbsup: Unless you are employed by "The Gamestop" or something and were able to steal a copy from the backroom at work. 0:)

A store here locally sells them early every year. Trust me I'm not lying, I'm not one of those people, that says hey look at me I've got Madden 1st. My buddy called the store, they said they had it and were selling so thats how it worked. THe graphics are unreal! Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't run the ball with Marshawn or our O-Line.

Nor Greer nor Jackson. :thumbsup:

A store here locally sells them early every year. Trust me I'm not lying, I'm not one of those people, that says hey look at me I've got Madden 1st. My buddy called the store, they said they had it and were selling so thats how it worked. THe graphics are unreal! Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't run the ball with Marshawn or our O-Line.

Cool :thumbsup: Oh and about not being able to run the ball wiht Marshawn. Dude, you gotta make sure he's in "Beast Mode" :D

I get the feeling Turk is going to have a more open, back and forth relationship with Jauron then Fairchild did. Let's hope that if he sees potential in Johnson, he'll make it clear to Jauron that the kid needs to be on the field playing...

I think the bigger problem with Jauron regarding these situations was that he was too loyal to veterans such as kiwaukee and anthony thomas, when the younger players with a higher ceiling (jackson and greer) should have been in there.

I think the bigger problem with Jauron regarding these situations was that he was too loyal to veterans such as kiwaukee and anthony thomas, when the younger players with a higher ceiling (jackson and greer) should have been in there.

I was going to say this earlier. I don't know why I didn't.

I think Ive played Madden once in my life and that was the first ever Madden that came out.

Nothing will ever beat Super Tecmo Bowl. I was a legend at returning kickoffs for TD's! Also I was a master at running backwards and heaving balls 75 yards downfield for TD's!

Warren Moon was the man in that game!