a great pic

ch19079

brady is overrated?

on what grounds? Go ahead - entrall me with your acumen.

76282[/snapback]

Yeah...I agree. How can anyone say he's overrated? What's he done in his short time in the league is pretty much without equal. Is he spectacular? No. But damn, he's solid and rarely makes a mistake.

Brady is queen of the dink pass... don't you forget it!

76287[/snapback]

If thats all he did to win 2 Super Bowls, why doesnt everyone do it and more importantly why then couldnt anyone stop it?

Hopefully other teams are like you and keep chalking the Pats success to luck or what not. Their complacency will keep them from ever improving.

meaning?

76323[/snapback]

he has been compared, several times to montana. (by nfl network people). and they say 2 SB rings and 2 SB MVPs have him in the top 3 best QB ever. WTF.

how many times have you heard... he reminds me of montana.???

or if he gets 3 SB wins in 3 years, even montana never got that.

or, (usually from madden) you have to put him up there with the top QBs ever.

any time you are talked about as potentially the best QB of all time (mainly cus your team keeps winning by 3 points), you are over rated. hes very good, but not great.

hes not the best QB in the league, and NOT THE BEST EVER IN THE NFL.

20 strait wins is VERY VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE. but he gets WAY to much credit for it.

they say the QB takes to much credit and to much blame. they are right.

i remember how Ty Law deserved the SB MVP TWICE. there D had 70% to do with there past wins. brady has improved alot since his first year, and does have good pocket awareness, OK, but if he wasnt in NE, he would not be nearly as good as everyone thinks he is.

he has been compared, several times to montana. (by nfl network people). and they say 2 SB rings and 2 SB MVPs have him in the top 3 best QB ever. WTF.

how many times have you heard... he reminds me of montana.???

or if he gets 3 SB wins in 3 years, even montana never got that.

or, (usually from madden) you have to put him up there with the top QBs ever.

any time you are talked about as potentially the best QB of all time (mainly cus your team keeps winning by 3 points), you are over rated. hes very good, but not great.

20 strait wins is VERY VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE. but he gets WAY to much credit for it.

they say the QB takes to much credit and to much blame. they are right.

i remember how Ty Law deserved the SB MVP TWICE. there D had 70% to do with there past wins. brady has improved alot since his first year, and does have good pocket awareness, OK, but if he wasnt in NE, he would not be nearly as good as everyone thinks he is.

76353[/snapback]

That's great and all, but your post stated he was "overrated", not "not as good as Joe Montana".

20 strait wins is VERY IMPRESSIVE. but he gets WAY to much credit for it.

-----------------

so who is the best QB in the league?

Peyton? Brady has beat him 3 times during the 20 game streak. No SB rings

Culpepper? Doesn't hurt to have Randy friggin Moss to throw to

McNair? What has he done this year. No SB rings.

Tom Brady is by far the best QB in the league. The best. And I hate the Pats.

thanks. :)

and to clarify. i use the phrase "over-rated brady" alot. cus i think anyone who is supposed to be "the best QB ever" should be a larger reason his team wins.

saying someone is better than they are is the definition of overrated. to say hes better than montana is just crazy. and to say hes the best all time is even more crazy.

and just cus the pats beat the colts, doesnt mean brady is better than manning. it means the pats have a better team. the pats are the best team in the nfl. and maybe the best team ever. but that doesnt mean they have the best qb. just like they dont have the best RB, or the best TE or the best LB.

thanks.  :)

and to clarify. i use the phrase "over-rated brady" alot. cus i think anyone who is supposed to be "the best QB ever" should be a larger reason his team wins.

saying someone is better than they are is the definition of overrated. to say hes better than montana is just crazy. and to say hes the best all time is even more crazy.

and just cus the pats beat the colts, doesnt mean brady is better than manning. it means the pats have a better team. the pats are the best team in the nfl. and maybe the best team ever. but that doesnt mean they have the best qb. just like they dont have the best RB, or the best TE or the best LB.

76383[/snapback]

I dont remember anyone saying he was the Best QB EVER. I will maintain that he is the best QB in the NFL right now.

10 years from now, he'll be listed in the Top 10 possibly Top 5 in all time greats.

There's more to being a great QB than putting up purty stats in shootout games.

...i think anyone who is supposed to be "the best QB ever" should be a larger reason his team wins.

The Patriots were 7-19 in their last 26 and among the worst teams in the NFL before Brady took over. Since then, the Patriots are 45-12, have won two Super Bowl, and are without a doubt the best team in the NFL.

Without Brady = 7-19, horrid in all ways.

With Brady = 45-12, one of the best teams ever.

See a connection here?

The Patriots were 7-19 in their last 26 and among the worst teams in the NFL before Brady took over.  Since then, the Patriots are 45-12, have won two Super Bowl, and are without a doubt the best team in the NFL.

See a connection here?

76398[/snapback]

I do. Brady is one of the best of all time.

It doesnt make me less of a Bills fan to state the truth.

One of the best. Top 3? Maybe not. Top 10? Absolutly.

The Patriots were 7-19 in their last 26 and among the worst teams in the NFL before Brady took over.  Since then, the Patriots are 45-12, have won two Super Bowl, and are without a doubt the best team in the NFL.

See a connection here?

76398[/snapback]

Fans of other teams need to recognize facts and respect them, or their other opinions become diluted with childish bias.

If asked which QB you would want to engineer a 99 yard come-from-behind two minute effort to win the biggest game of your season, anyone not saying "Tom Brady" hasn't been watching much football, or doesn't want to admit that he's The Man.

See a connection here?

76398[/snapback]

Richard Seymour started then too... maybe hes the best DE ever.....

Although I am not here to argue about Brady being or not being one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, I am here to say that I thoroughly enjoyed that picture, as well as watching the video replay of it on ESPN. There are few things in life as enjoyable as watching Brady get splattered so hard he coughs up the football and his helmet at the same time (not to mention the padding over his earhole as well).

To those who are questioning Brady's passing abilities take note that Brady is on pace to eclipse the passing totals of notable QB's such as Montana, Elway, Kelly, Fouts, Aikman, Tarkenton, Young, Bradshaw, etc. He's even ahead of Vince Ferragamo. LOL

Brady's 10 year projection totals are (approx)

3200 completions for 35,000 yards, 250 TD's and 130 INT's.

Brady would better what Jim Kelly did in 1 less seasons. In 11 years, Kelly completed 2874 passes for 35, 467 yards, 237 TD's and 175 INT's.

...."The replay revealed that the helmet gained control of the ball beyond the first down maker making it first down, New England" .

76290[/snapback]

That's what I was going to say... "Upon further review, the ball landed IN the player's helmet, which is considered an eligible receiver down-field. Number 24 defense proceeded to kick the helmet after the play was blown dead at the point of reception. Personal foul, 15 yards. Automatic first down New England."

lamest football argument ever.

get over your denial.

76444[/snapback]

Deal with the facts, nob. Bad defense=no playoffs. Great defense=playoffs and SB wins. See the connection?

And what are you? The ultimate Brady homer? I haven't seen a Pats fan ONE try and even defend the above, but yet you did (and failed miserably). That's not to say he's not a good QB, but that he's overrated.

I have to watch Marcia Brady almost every week...and it pains me to say it, but he's f***in' incredible! There is no QB in the NFL who sees all of his receivers and can throw a dart to them anywhere on the field. Oh and he can do all that with 3 or 4 defensive players chasing him. Anyone who doubts this guy never actually sees him play.

PTR

Although I am not here to argue about Brady being or not being one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, I am here to say that I thoroughly enjoyed that picture, as well as watching the video replay of it on ESPN. There are few things in life as enjoyable as watching Brady get splattered so hard he coughs up the football and his helmet at the same time (not to mention the padding over his earhole as well).

76451[/snapback]

That's certainly something I can agree with. He's a great QB, but there's nobody I'd rather se get pounded into the earth. I hate the fuggin pats.

So sayeth the closet Pats fan.  Oh and yes, I've watched a LOT of Pats games over the years, which is why I say what I say.  And re-read what I wrote above.  He's a good QB, but he's way overrated, and without an amazing defense and coaching staff, he's not nearly as good.

76590[/snapback]

Whatever. You're a friggin homer. To me, win loss records count. Execution counts. What WR that Brady throws to is better than Moulds? Hmmm? What RB in those two SBs is as good as Henry or McGahee? None.

I rest my case. I hate the SOB, but he's not overrated.

That's not to say he's not a good QB, but that he's overrated.

76572[/snapback]

Overrated?

Do you know that Brady is on pace to post passing totals that are better than QB greats such as Montana, Elway, Kelly, Fouts, Aikman, Tarkenton, Young, Bradshaw and most every other QB that has played this game?

That's right. Brady's 10 year projection totals are (approx)

3200 completions for 35,000 yards, 250 TD's and 130 INT's.

Such 10 year totals is better than anything Jimbo put up and is better than anything every QB not named Marino and Moon did.

And that doesn't include Brady's 2 super bowl wins where he was named game MVP.

So, if Brady is overrated, what are Montana, Elway, Kelly, Fouts, Aikman, Tarkenton, Young, Bradshaw ? Duds!