Preseason Games

H2o

I find them getting boring when the 2nd half rolls around usually and cut them off. Sometimes I only have the patience to watch the first string guys and that's it. Do any of you guys actually watch the whole game all the time?

That's the fun of preseason...watching the rookies and 2nd-3rd stringers to see who might stick around. Of course, I only watch the whole game when the Bills are playing. I couldn't care less about the other 31 teams.

I look forward to Buffalo Bills football too much to skip even a pre-season game. Gratned, I am not a WNY anymore, and I don't get the NFL Network, so I only get to see a few pre-season games per year. Since they started showing the re-airs on the NFLN, I have had someone record them for me. But, I always seem to miss the last one, usually against Detroit...as for regular season, I have missed only one game since 1983. It was the game against the Colts, where Kelly got hurt, and called out Howard Ballard...I saw it years later on video tape...

Actually... I really enjoy the preseason games because I'm a big draft guy and I like seeing all the young guys and how they perform. I even tape them and watch them over. I don't even tape the regular season games. I know, I know... I don't have a life.

Man, I know there are a lot of people that HATE the preseason. However, I am not one of them. I LOVE the preseason! (THAT'S RIGHT I SAID I LOVE THE PRESEASON)!!!!

As a lot of you know, I love to break down break down film and talent. I will tape each game and watch them several times, each time looking for different things. I really get into this. Yes, sometimes (many times) it is very sloppy football, but in the mistakes lies potential and progress. The preseason can make or break careers. Yeah, I know I may take it a bit more seriously than most, but I am really into it.

The preseason means more than you think. And I love every minute of it! (That's right, I said I love every minute of it.....)!!!!!!!

That's the fun of preseason...watching the rookies and 2nd-3rd stringers to see who might stick around. Of course, I only watch the whole game when the Bills are playing. I couldn't care less about the other 31 teams.

Me too. If it's a nationaly televised preseason game, I'm not sticking around after the starters are pulled. But you've got to watch the Bills until the final gun. How else are you going to find the next Freddie Jackson?

Bills preseason games I watch from start to finish.

NFL preseason games without the Bills, I'll watch about half.

The offseason is so long, I do'nt care if it's a meaningless game. It's the Bills, for crying out loud!!! Every minute of watching them play is pure heaven.

Bills preseason games I watch from start to finish.

NFL preseason games without the Bills, I'll watch about half.

The offseason is so long, I do'nt care if it's a meaningless game. It's the Bills, for crying out loud!!! Every minute of watching them play is pure heaven.

Actually, for me watching the Bills play is the farthest thing from pure heaven. I have come to accept this Bills fandom of mine as a burden. It is my lot in life to suffer through season after season of getting my hopes up only to have them crushed in new and unexpected ways every year.

Preaseason. I watch every last snap. The entire time, I like to watch the backups and envision how, like all those who came before them, they will shatter my hopes and dreams in future NFL contests. I could care less if they win. I just spend the entire game holding my breath and hoping for no injuries.

I find them getting boring when the 2nd half rolls around usually and cut them off. Sometimes I only have the patience to watch the first string guys and that's it. Do any of you guys actually watch the whole game all the time?

So, when the games are on, are you just sitting at your computer screen, tapping away at the keyboard?

Of course we watch the whole thing. I guarantee the vast majority of participants in this forum are here because we're FANaticS about the Bills. The entrenched starters are the least of my interest while watching the games. I want to see what the new kids can do.

From a pure contest standpoint, they're usually a real snorefest. But with the exhibition games, you have to view them in a whole different light in order to enjoy them.

It's a scouting assignment, not an edge of your seat matchup in which the outcome has meaning. You just need to look at it through a different paradigm.

Or, you can go back to your interenet.

Yup, I really enjoy watching the preseason games, though it's a different experience than the regular season. In preseason I tend to identify with the coaches and front office the most, developing my limited ability to understand and judge different positions, deciding for myself who i'd keep or cut; who has raw talent that might improve with a little time in the league and who i fear may never "get it". In the regular season I definitely identify more with the players, loving it when they stomp the competition, and really feeling it when we get manhandled.

I too record and love to re-watch the preseason games to focus on different positions. But, much like my old habit of reading the entire NY Times, this is a luxury my schedule (w young child) seldom allows unless I'm battling insomnia.

It was more a figure of speech than anything. I do use video tapes...but then transfer them to DVD while editing out commercials

You can pick up a Magnavox DVD recorder @ Wal Mart for $100. If you are home while the game is on you can just pause the recorder during commercials & record @ 2.5 hour mode. You will get a MUCH BETTER recording this way. :unsure: