Would everyone who would like to see Trent Edwards

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew had skills that few could match, but he often seemed to need way too much help.

Funny. i could say this exact same statement thusfar about JP Losman. Yet drew bledose has your undying love and admiration, and JP Losman is your mortal enemy.

Funny. i could say this exact same statement thusfar about JP Losman. Yet drew bledose has your undying love and admiration, and JP Losman is your mortal enemy.

Bledsoe has borderline Hall of Fame numbers. Losman has had about 6 quality starts. Big difference.

But the bottomline is that in Buffalo, they both failed to get the job done. Bledsoe couldn't get it done, so they gave Losman a shot. Losman couldn't get it done, so they gave Edwards a shot. Let's hope Edwards gets it done, but if he can't, at least he came a lot lower cost to acquire.

Bledsoe has borderline Hall of Fame numbers. Losman has had about 6 quality starts. Big difference.

But the bottomline is that in Buffalo, they both failed to get the job done. Bledsoe couldn't get it done, so they gave Losman a shot. Losman couldn't get it done, so they gave Edwards a shot. Let's hope Edwards gets it done, but if he can't, at least he came a lot lower cost to acquire.

I wasnt trying to compare the overall careers of those 2 QBs. That would be laughable. I was remarking how both of them have remarkable physical skills for a QB, and both of them had a similar career path during their tenure as the Bills' starting QB. Yet bill loves one and loathes the other.

I really question whether or not this head coach, given any QB in the league, could captain a top notch offense.

If you put a 2 month old in a nuclear physics lab, have you really given him a shot at nuclear physics? The Bills put JP in when the fans were ready, not when he was ready. What they should have done is give them 2-3 more years of Bledsoe and still made the same amount of money on concessions, ticket sales and merchandise...then laughed all the way to the bank.

I dread the possibility of giving Edwards two years, saying they gave him a shot, then moving on

I really question whether or not this head coach, given any QB in the league, could captain a top notch offense.

The real question is could any QB in history make playoffs with the roster we have.........the answer is a resounding NO!

The real question is could any QB in history make playoffs with the roster we have.........the answer is a resounding NO!

I wouldn't say that. The Bills look solid across the offense with remaining questions at WR, TE, QB and maybe center. If even a couple of those spots improve from last year, the personnel should be enough to produce some scores, but QB is the largest question IMO. Defensively the Bills should be a lot better than last year. More experience for the young guys and added talent at DL and LB. I really think the talent this year could surpass that of the head coach.

I wouldn't say that. The Bills look solid across the offense with remaining questions at WR, TE, QB and maybe center. If even a couple of those spots improve from last year, the personnel should be enough to produce some scores, but QB is the largest question IMO. Defensively the Bills should be a lot better than last year. More experience for the young guys and added talent at DL and LB. I really think the talent this year could surpass that of the head coach.

We have a very green QB with not many options to throw to other than Lee Evans. We have a major problem at center, and that creates problems down the entire line. Add on to that, unless our RB's show a huge improvement in blitz pickup, then we are in trouble there as well. So in essence, we need a lot to happen to have any type of passing game. Right tackle is an issue in the run game as well.

The biggest improvement on offense will be because of the improvement on defense.

We have a very green QB with not many options to throw to other than Lee Evans. We have a major problem at center, and that creates problems down the entire line. Add on to that, unless our RB's show a huge improvement in blitz pickup, then we are in trouble there as well. So in essence, we need a lot to happen to have any type of passing game. Right tackle is an issue in the run game as well.

The biggest improvement on offense will be because of the improvement on defense.

Well, sure, the team has plenty of problems. But so do a lot of other teams. You asked

It might be difficult, because of the lack of overall talent; but, there are many, many QBs in the history of the game that would be considered major upgrades to what we got out of JPL/TE last year. Would that be enough? Who knows? However, the Bills are coached to play it close to the vest and hang around until the 4th quarter, which translates into less pressure on a QB to carry the team and that just managing the game consistently is enough to stay in games. A couple of plays go different against Denver or Dallas and making the playoffs is not really a "resounding NO!" (Heck, if we had Mike Brown race a few interceptions back for touchdowns in the closing minutes of several games, DJ might've been up for another CotY award.) Any sort of offense at all against Cleveland or Philadelphia would've made those games interesting as well.

Just making the playoffs by the skin of their teeth isn't impossible. But that's not quite the same thing as saying this team is a serious Super Bowl contender and going to blow out the Patriots and dominate Billy B's boys for the next 5-6 years.

Your posts would be more believable if you didn't just make stuff up. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php

The Bills averaged 4.65 yards per carry behind RT, 9th in the league. That's not what I'd call a problem.

Well, sure, the team has plenty of problems. But so do a lot of other teams. You asked

It might be difficult, because of the lack of overall talent; but, there are many, many QBs in the history of the game that would be considered major upgrades to what we got out of JPL/TE last year. Would that be enough? Who knows? However, the Bills are coached to play it close to the vest and hang around until the 4th quarter, which translates into less pressure on a QB to carry the team and that just managing the game consistently is enough to stay in games. A couple of plays go different against Denver or Dallas and making the playoffs is not really a "resounding NO!" (Heck, if we had Mike Brown race a few interceptions back for touchdowns in the closing minutes of several games, DJ might've been up for another CotY award.) Any sort of offense at all against Cleveland or Philadelphia would've made those games interesting as well.

Just making the playoffs by the skin of their teeth isn't impossible. But that's not quite the same thing as saying this team is a serious Super Bowl contender and going to blow out the Patriots and dominate Billy B's boys for the next 5-6 years.

Good post and I agree with a lot of those points. Now while I'm definitely not thinking Super Bowl, there is something to be said for the way the Bills are building their team. It reminds of the Pittsburgh teams of a couple years ago. You need a dominating defense and while the Bills have a lot to prove, they definitely seem to have soome good pieces. The Bills also seem to have a strong o-line and good running attack.

If Trent can play the Big Ben role (and at this point that's a big IF) making an occasional big play and limit turnovers, this team can definitely make some serious noise. One of the big keys to winning in a league of parity is not beating yourself. Last year, the Bills were a top 10 team in turnover ratio. Now if they can keep this up, hopefully a more talented roster will be able to make a big run. I hope. :wallbash:

trent is a 2nd year guy who showed some promise in his 2nd year.

he has a good pedigree (2nd best HS prospect next to vince young) but lacks quality reps in ncaa or the nfl. he needs to learn a lot in just a little while to be good for us.

he is certainly the best qb on our team tho.

jp losman just isn't an nfl qb, never was and never will be. his best year and games came when he was completly controlled and limited by our conservative coaching. he had games where we won or were competitive vs good teams and he had less production than top 10qbs have in many quarters.

like the jax game last year, he was horrible and had some luck late after the game was blown open. he's just a non factor too often.

trent is a 2nd year guy who showed some promise in his 2nd year.

I always thought you were busting JP's nuts when you would call him a four-year-vet at the beginning of last season, but now I realize you weren't busting his nuts. You simply can not count.

Your posts would be more believable if you didn't just make stuff up. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php

The Bills averaged 4.65 yards per carry behind RT, 9th in the league. That's not what I'd call a problem.

Ah, lies and stats (directed at use of stats, not directed at you). The defenses focus more on our left side, because Jason Peters is a stud. I never said that Walker isn't serviceable, he doesn't play up to his physical talents. He is nowhere near as dreadful as Melvin Fowler