Police will attempt to question Lynch and at least 3

huh? I am a saint because I don't sneak booze into a bar nor do I run over girls in my car and drive away? I try my best to be the best person I can be, but definitely am nowhere near being ready to be canonized. What provoked this personal jab at me?

Sorry... Took your post out of context... I thought it was solely in regards to the driving thing.

IMO, shouldn't say a word until he has to... Let them pin him at the scene...

He is doing the right thing... Don't say a word and let them possibly build a case (that may be wrong) against you more than they have now.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... Took your post out of context... I thought it was solely in regards to the driving thing.

He is doing the right thing... Don't say a word and let them possibly build a case (that may be wrong) against you more than they have now.

All his silence is doing is making him out to be a total loser. Nice work Lynch, the police are having a field day airing your dirty laundry right now. Hope it was worth it!!

All his silence is doing is making him out to be a total loser. Nice work Lynch, the police are having a field day airing your dirty laundry right now. Hope it was worth it!!

Better than sitting in jail... He will take a hit either way. Why would he incriminate himself? Let the cops build and case and then answer up.

What's wrong with that?

It is better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubt

I should take Twain's advice!

:lol:

Unless Lynch speaks about this to the public, and I mean SOON, no matter what happens his rep in Buffalo will be forever damaged. Situations like this can damage a team, their chemistry, and their fans..

The guy should just "man up" instead of "lawyer up"... How much trouble could he possibly get into? I don't think its even a felony ( which would be pleaded down anyways )..

Regardless of how this whole thing ends up, I still think JP should start.

Better than sitting in jail... He will take a hit either way. Why would he incriminate himself? Let the cops build and case and then answer up.

What's wrong with that?

It is better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubt

I should take Twain's advice!

:lol:

I don't think he would have gone to jail if he had just confessed the next day. I believe that his punishment will be worse as this lingers. Someone WILL start talking - they always do

Not a good article. Crap.

This is also from the article:

The victim was wearing dark clothing, officers said. A hard rain was falling, and road conditions were slippery. Police said the woman had the right of way.

“As [shpeley] crossed the road, another woman was walking in front of her. The woman in front of Shpeley was kind of dancing and singing in the street . . . like ‘Singin’ in the Rain.’ That could have distracted whoever was driving Marshawn’s car,” a law enforcement official said.

Lynch’s vehicle — moving quickly but apparently below the speed limit — turned left onto Delaware and struck Shpeley, the official said.

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

If this happened, and I think it's very likely it did go down that way, then he is being the biggest idiot there is. He should have told the cops what happened and they probably would have let it go but because he's clamming up he's looking like a hoodlum and the cops believe there is a lot more to the story that's being covered up.

We don't blame him really. He had a tough upbringing too, parents split when he was an infant and he grew up dirt poor. We shrug it off because he may be cheap but he's still a nice guy and we respect that he made himself something instead of playing the "my life was sh-- and it's everyone's fault but mine so I'm excused to be a failure" card.

:lol: My parents split when I was an infant and when I was eight I had skull surgery and had to lie on an ice bed for several days and I stayed in the hospital for a couple of months. Four years ago I went through chemo and radiation for lymphoma. I'm not saying I've had it really bad I'm just saying that there are a lot of people in the same boat or in worse shape. Don't feel sorry for him. :w00t:

Couldn't disagree more. Had he talked at the beginning this probably wouldn't be the news anymore. He makes it worse and worse for himself.

I don't think he would have gone to jail if he had just confessed the next day. I believe that his punishment will be worse as this lingers. Someone WILL start talking - they always do

Who?

1,000 drunk (mostly Bills fans) that poured out into the street that night... Each with conflicting stories... Wasn't it dark and raining too?

That, IMO... Is what it seems to me.

He is best to remain quiet.

Who?

1,000 drunk (mostly Bills fans) that poured out into the street that night... Each with conflicting stories... Wasn't it dark and raining too?

That, IMO... Is what it seems to me.

He is best to remain quiet.

you do not believe the right thing to do is own up when you make a mistake? Do you have children? Is that what you teach them?

Unless Lynch speaks about this to the public, and I mean SOON, no matter what happens his rep in Buffalo will be forever damaged. Situations like this can damage a team, their chemistry, and their fans..

The guy should just "man up" instead of "lawyer up"... How much trouble could he possibly get into? I don't think its even a felony ( which would be pleaded down anyways )..

you assume all other things are as they appear to be. my personal opinion is that he was driving the car, that he probably had been drinking, that he hit the girl, that he knew it, got scared, and took off. the good news, under that scenario, is that he should be able to get by without too much harm to his career/life. certainly, i could be dead wrong, but given it's my opinion, and the accident happened where it did and when it did, he's not come out and said the car was stolen or he wasn't in it--i figure it's a reasonable way to look at it.

on the other hand, speaking freely about everything that happened absent legal counsel seems like a very bad idea to me. i would not trust my future to the police department or DA's office if I had an option. the cops and DA's are not your friend, you can't trust they'll do the right thing just because most people would probably get a slap on the wrist if they were invovled in the situation described above. we ahve no way of knowing who wants to make a name for him/her at the PD/DA level, know way of knowing if jealousy or hatred would factor into it, and given the way it went down, he should protect himself at this time.

Leaving the scene of the accident, if he was driving, that's a whole 'nother thing. whomever was driving should have stopped to render assistance, should ahve made sure the victim was alright, and it shows a real lack of character and/or youthful ignorance. In the case of youthful ignorance, I personally can get past a young guy who does something stupid and the outcome was ok.

this whole he should fess up argument is rediculous. That is the worst thing he could do. He pays a lawyer good money to defend him, and to know the legal system. My guess is Marshawn doesnt know the legal system that well, as it is not his profession, so he is taking the advice of a professional in this field, which is what he should do. If you were building a house and a carpenter told you to use a certain kind nails to hold the house up, or would you take the advice of your friends to use a glue stick because it was the right thing to do. He has millions of dollars at stake, it is more than making me or you happy that we were nosy and got to find out what was going on in his life

you do not believe the right thing to do is own up when you make a mistake? Do you have children? Is that what you teach them?

True. Also, don't be a fool and incriminate yourself... You are innocent until your are proven guilty...

We don't know what went on...

No need to talk until you are spoken too... It isn't a perfect world, people are quick to condem even if the situation was totally not what it appears.

This is a tough one to instruct the children on Pete.

I am very disappointed and don't see how someone can defend this behavior. Where there is smoke there is fire

I am very disappointed a whole lot of you can't wait until the evidence is in before deciding to run a player out of town.

Some people just dont understand how the legal process works........

Some people understand it perfectly, but also realize the P.R. hit that both Lynch and the team are taking right now. Not saying anything to the cops, okay. That's his right. But completely ignoring them for close to a week? Bad form.

Some people understand it perfectly, but also realize the P.R. hit that both Lynch and the team are taking right now. Not saying anything to the cops, okay. That's his right. But completely ignoring them for close to a week? Bad form.

If this is the same Frank Clark handling the case that was exposed on Dateline NBC for being an incompetent, vindictive fool, I would be handling everything exactly the same as Lynch is right now.

Nope. If this is the way they want to play it, then as soon as his lawyer got back into town, they should have gone in and said, "On the advice of my attorney ..." and waited for the subpoena. By not doing that, they ended up with pissed-off cops whispering to reporters, and his image taking another hit.

Lori,

We dont know that nobody is talking to the cops......Lynches lawyer may well be in conversations with them that we dont know about.

The Police PR machine is in high effect......to me it is a tactic to get Lynch to come out and say something he otherwise should not have.

He probably pays quite a bit for his lawyers advice....he should follow it.

Nope. If this is the way they want to play it, then as soon as his lawyer got back into town, they should have gone in and said, "On the advice of my attorney ..." and waited for the subpoena. By not doing that, they ended up with pissed-off cops whispering to reporters, and his image taking another hit.

Yet something tells me his image will be just fine, his reputation completely rehabilitated, if he rushes for 2000+ yards and the Bills win the Superbowl. :devil:

this whole he should fess up argument is rediculous. That is the worst thing he could do. He pays a lawyer good money to defend him, and to know the legal system. My guess is Marshawn doesnt know the legal system that well, as it is not his profession, so he is taking the advice of a professional in this field, which is what he should do. If you were building a house and a carpenter told you to use a certain kind nails to hold the house up, or would you take the advice of your friends to use a glue stick because it was the right thing to do. He has millions of dollars at stake, it is more than making me or you happy that we were nosy and got to find out what was going on in his life

Given that the police have a victim and the car, how can Marshawn or his attorney think that by saying nothing, this will just go way? That's laughable. The police will solve this. If someone else was driving, then the same goes for them. Marshawn may be risking more by not fessing up. He's only aggravating the police, the victim and the commissioner.