Big Fire at F.X. Matt Brewery

MattyT

OK as a Utican (Not sure if its a good thing...) :blink:

They don't make Matt's anymore...Matt's unfortunately caused what we call - the Matts splats :unsure:

for some reason Utica Club has made a comeback with the younger generations...but the Saranac brews are quite good...Thankfully the damged part seemed to be the canning area (Utica Club). The bottling area is unknown at this time....

The good news is is that the beer the have is still good, they can still brew and sell in kegs...Other breweries have offered to bottle for them while they rebuild...They also plan to have the Saranac Thursday parties back possibly this upcoming Thursday. 2 beers for $5 :beer::beer: music and a ton of chicks... :lol:

All of the beers they make suck, but that doesn't mean this isn't sad. Think of all the poor college kids who can't have this cheap brew.

I'm serious. You don't know 'broke in college' until you have to deposit $3 into an ATM just so your balance is over $20 so you can take money out.

God Speed Utica area college kids. God Speed.

I remember the ads they had on the wrestling matches on Saturday afternoons back in the 60s.

I remember watching those. This is a little OT, but I saw an obituary for Chief White Owl in my local paper the other day.

:unsure::blink: FX Matt contract brew for Sam Adams, Brooklyn Brewing(IIRC)..the saranac certainly does not suck!!!!!

"The majority of the beer they make suck" is what I should have said. I'm sorry, and i am NO beer snob AT ALL, but Saranac is a trendy beer that doesn't taste very good... it's hippie beer.

Sam Adams has 2 flavor of beers that I enjoy: White Ale and Boston Ale.

But that wasn't the point. The same Brewery Chain makes some seriously cheap beers. And when a company produces a product that helps broke college kids get laid in a drunken haze, then the day it burns is a say day. A sad day indeed.

I'm serious. You don't know 'broke in college' until you have to deposit $3 into an ATM just so your balance is over $20 so you can take money out.

Wow... That is pretty rough! :lol::unsure::blink:

I always thought broke was when one runs the overdraft on a "honor account" and let the NSF's pile up... Me thinks not just college students are doing that... Probably 90% of the families supporting Hillary...

:beer:

Newest update...

Utica Beer Sells Quickly

Utica, New York (WSYR-TV) - Grocers are reporting that cases of canned Utica Club Beer are flying off of store shelves, this after a fire severely damaged the FX Matt Brewery's canning operations on Thursday night.

People are concerned that the cherished summer-time staple will be in short supply, while the Utica brewery scrambles to find another place to can its beer.

they have to clear the shelves for the upcoming flood of Uncle Charlies Rauchbier that will be hitting the stores soon.....

....google it if you dont get it.....

Newest update...

Utica Beer Sells Quickly

Utica, New York (WSYR-TV) - Grocers are reporting that cases of canned Utica Club Beer are flying off of store shelves, this after a fire severely damaged the FX Matt Brewery's canning operations on Thursday night.

People are concerned that the cherished summer-time staple will be in short supply, while the Utica brewery scrambles to find another place to can its beer.