A team may be moving to L.A.

The Rams are for sale. And they are reportedly a few buyers interested, including former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo.

DeBartolo has said that he wants to buy a team (he would prefer to buy the Bucs) and try to move them to L.A. However, attepmts to buy the Bucs have failed, and this might be his only other choice.

If this is true, we can finally put an end to all of the ridiculous talk about the Bills going to L.A. Although, I hate the fact that St. Louis might have it's team taken away. And I especially hate that L.A. might get a team for the 3rd time. Thoughts?

The Rams are for sale. And they are reportedly a few buyers interested, including former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo.

DeBartolo has said that he wants to buy a team (he would prefer to buy the Bucs) and try to move them to L.A. However, attepmts to buy the Bucs have failed, and this might be his only other choice.

If this is true, we can finally put an end to all of the ridiculous talk about the Bills going to L.A. Although, I hate the fact that St. Louis might have it's team taken away. And I especially hate that L.A. might get a team for the 3rd time. Thoughts?

I think it's ridiculous.... why the hell does the league keep giving them chances? so this time you uproot a stable franchise with a good fan base to send them to a place that has already failed twice??

ridiculous in my opinion

Ten to fifteen years ago, or so, this news would have brightened my day.

Not today, though. Today, Toronto is the Great Beast in the saga of our beloved Bills.

Further, does anyone have any detailed information regarding the deal recently struck between USC and the LA Colesium? I'm under the impression that (a) there are going to be massive upgrades to the stadium, making it worthwhile of both USC and an NFL team and (b) USC retains some sort of refusal rights to keep a team from said stadium. Details, anyone?

I don't see ANY team being moved to LA, unless Al Davis wants to get crazy one more time...

Correction - L.A. might get a team for the 4th time.

Current NFL teams who once made LA home - Raiders, Rams, Chargers

I think it's ridiculous.... why the hell does the league keep giving them chances? so this time you uproot a stable franchise with a good fan base to send them to a place that has already failed twice??

ridiculous in my opinion

Remember the movie "Major League"? To some people, that's what Georgia Frontiere did to the Rams to get them out of their stadium lease in Anaheim, because St. Louis was offering her a truckload of money. I still maintain that the vast majority of Angelinos aren't interested in getting a team back, but for the ones who are, the return of the Rams would probably be their preferred option.

As for their support in St. Louis, three games were blacked out last season in the 66,000-seat Edward Jones Dome.

Not today, though. Today, Toronto is the Great Beast in the saga of our beloved Bills.

Further, does anyone have any detailed information regarding the deal recently struck between USC and the LA Colesium? I'm under the impression that (a) there are going to be massive upgrades to the stadium, making it worthwhile of both USC and an NFL team and (b) USC retains some sort of refusal rights to keep a team from said stadium. Details, anyone?

I don't see ANY team being moved to LA, unless Al Davis wants to get crazy one more time...

Twenty-five year lease with exclusive rights that specifically forbid an NFL team from playing there. And neither the Coliseum nor the Rose Bowl have anywhere near the premium-seating capability sought in today's NFL.

As for their support in St. Louis, three games were blacked out last season in the 66,000-seat Edward Jones Dome.

They'll sell out Week 4. Unfortunately for the locals, a lot of the fannies filling the seats will be wearing red, white, and blue.

They'll sell out Week 4. Unfortunately for the locals, a lot of the fannies filling the seats will be wearing red, white, and blue.

Won't be anything unusual; the Steelers and Packers played there last season.

The Packers are 6-1 on the road, losing only at Dallas, and prevailed in a sold-out Edward Jones Dome that appeared to be half-filled with Cheeseheads who filled the downtown streets in the hours before kickoff. When Favre set the record on a 7-yard toss to Donald Driver on the Packers' first drive of the fourth quarter, he had thousands of fans rooting for him, with flashbulbs popping from every corner of the stadium.
Nearly half of the 65,705 fans in the Edward Jones Dome were towel-twirling Steelers fans, who erupted when Ike Taylor put the game away with 3:41 left. Down by 10, the Rams went for it on fourth down at their 34. Bulger threw to his right. Taylor intercepted the ball and ran it back 51 yards for the game's final touchdown.

Now wait a minute...St. Louis takes LA's team away (albeit after Arizona took St. Louis' team and LA took Oakland's team), and you're gonna feel bad for St. Louis???

Any team in LA means one less threat that the Bills can end up there, no?

So here's what should really happen - the Rams should move back to LA, the Cardinals back to St. Louis, the Ravens back to Cleveland, the Colts back to Baltimore (or even better, back to Miami), leaving the ersatz expansion Browns and /or the DolPhags to fill the void in Toronto, while paying a hefty tax to Ralph for infringing on the Bills' market.

(GO BILLSSS!!!)

Now wait a minute...St. Louis takes LA's team away (albeit after Arizona took St. Louis' team and LA took Oakland's team), and you're gonna feel bad for St. Louis???

Any team in LA means one less threat that the Bills can end up there, no?

So here's what should really happen - the Rams should move back to LA, the Cardinals back to St. Louis, the Ravens back to Cleveland, the Colts back to Baltimore (or even better, back to Miami), leaving the ersatz expansion Browns and /or the DolPhags to fill the void in Toronto, while paying a hefty tax to Ralph for infringing on the Bills' market.

(GO BILLSSS!!!)

If you want to be correct: the Cardinals should move back to Chicago, the Colts back to Miami, the Rams and Ravens back to Cleveland, the Titans back to Houston, the Chiefs back to Dallas, the Chargers back to LA, the Redskins back to Boston and the Lions back to Portsmouth. I leave out the whole Pittsburgh-Philadelphia fiasco of the 1920s through 1940s.

:rolleyes:

If you want to be correct: the Cardinals should move back to Chicago, the Colts back to Miami, the Rams and Ravens back to Cleveland, the Titans back to Houston, the Chiefs back to Dallas, the Chargers back to LA, the Redskins back to Boston and the Lions back to Portsmouth. I leave out the whole Pittsburgh-Philadelphia fiasco of the 1920s through 1940s.

:doh:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

KRC, that is great, great stuff - and I have far too much respect for, and could never hope to come close to, your knowledge of the history of professional football franchises.

That said, I do know one thing...

Even after all of the above relocations and machinations, there would still be only one NFL team in the Great State of New York...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :D

Remember the movie "Major League"? To some people, that's what Georgia Frontiere did to the Rams to get them out of their stadium lease in Anaheim, because St. Louis was offering her a truckload of money. I still maintain that the vast majority of Angelinos aren't interested in getting a team back, but for the ones who are, the return of the Rams would probably be their preferred option.

Twenty-five year lease with exclusive rights that specifically forbid an NFL team from playing there. And neither the Coliseum nor the Rose Bowl have anywhere near the premium-seating capability sought in today's NFL.

While I'm sure she was HAPPY with the deal St. Louis gave her, I think her main motivation for moving the Rams there, was the fact she was a St. Louis native. She did not have to pull a "Major League" to make the move, LA is a NOTORIOUSLY BAD NFL city. Al Davis moved the Raiders AFTER winning the Super Bowl in LA.

While I'm sure she was HAPPY with the deal St. Louis gave her, I think her main motivation for moving the Rams there, was the fact she was a St. Louis native. She did not have to pull a "Major League" to make the move, LA is a NOTORIOUSLY BAD NFL city. Al Davis moved the Raiders AFTER winning the Super Bowl in LA.

Raiders and Rams moves were different situations. According to Tom Friend (now a senior writer for ESPN:magazine), once upon a time, before they left for Anaheim, traded Eric Dickerson, and generally ran the franchise into the ditch, people actually cared about the Rams.

New York Times, Dec. 22, 1994: A Farewell to Tinsel Town

Oh, and she flirted with Baltimore before ending up in St. Louis. But then, Georgia always did know how to flirt ...

If the Bills moved out here, that would be the most depressing, ironic thing you could do to me... Finally, a team back in L.A. but its the Bills??? How cruel... I've only been to Buffalo once in my life, but it would kill me to see the city lose that team... and move to a half-interested city more intrigued with the Lakers, Dodgers, and soccer... and for the most part, not wanting to get stuck with the tab... which, for L.A. citizens, is exactly what will happen... even though they've fought it so far...

Let a team who has no loyalty move to L.A.... The Rams or Raiders seem like just desserts to me... but having to stare at my all-time favorite team, recreated on the opposite side of the country??? Well, it certainly would be the Black Hole again...

Raiders and Rams moves were different situations. According to Tom Friend (now a senior writer for ESPN:magazine), once upon a time, before they left for Anaheim, traded Eric Dickerson, and generally ran the franchise into the ditch, people actually cared about the Rams.

Oh, and she flirted with Baltimore before ending up in St. Louis. But then, Georgia always did know how to flirt ...

I'm sure there were a number of devoted Ram fans in LA, but with the size LA is there should be a HUGE number of fans. NY/NJ has no problem supporting TWO teams. As I said, the Raiders left after winning a Super Bowl, Al Davis was very disillusioned with the LA market.

If the Bills moved out here, that would be the most depressing, ironic thing you could do to me... Finally, a team back in L.A. but its the Bills??? How cruel... I've only been to Buffalo once in my life, but it would kill me to see the city lose that team... and move to a half-interested city more intrigued with the Lakers, Dodgers, and soccer... and for the most part, not wanting to get stuck with the tab... which, for L.A. citizens, is exactly what will happen... even though they've fought it so far...

Let a team who has no loyalty move to L.A.... The Rams or Raiders seem like just desserts to me... but having to stare at my all-time favorite team, recreated on the opposite side of the country??? Well, it certainly would be the Black Hole again...

I don't know what would be worse for Buffalo & Bills fans that live there, to lose the team to LA or Toronto. If Toronto gets the Bills, CBS would most likely televise ALL Toronto "Bills" games to Buffalo, so the fans there would be forced to watch their team, which is no longer theirs.......... kind of like seeing your ex wife (who you still LOVE with all your heart) with her new husband all the time. If LA got the Bills, the fans would probably get the Browns, Steelers or Jets or a combination of all three. Which would be worse?

I'm sure there were a number of devoted Ram fans in LA, but with the size LA is there should be a HUGE number of fans. NY/NJ has no problem supporting TWO teams. As I said, the Raiders left after winning a Super Bowl, Al Davis was very disillusioned with the LA market.

As I've posted on this forum a few times - not that it matters - I had season tickets to the Rams from '87 - '90. (Looking at those dates, I can't believe it's already been 20 years, but that's another issue.) What I certainly CAN tell you is that NO ONE GAVE A SCHIT. You want nasty looks at a Rams game in Anaheim? Try screaming "DEFENSE" at the top of your lungs. Do that at the Ralph, and the guy in the next seat will likely be drowning you out by screaming even louder, or by throwing up on his now-unconscious girlfriend's lap. In L.A.? You'd think I'd have porked the Pope with the looks I'd get. People were incensed that I'd disrupted their sushi and Chardonnay. There is NO market in L.A. for football. None. Nada. Nyet. Zippo. Harpo. Groucho. If you folks want to get yourselves all wrapped up in your Bills thongs about this potential move.....well, hey, enjoy the blisters. Hope you waxed. I have to shake my head with each and every "Bills Moving to Los Angeles" thread. Idiots.

Rumors amaze me.

I live in St. Louis and I have heard nothing about this. In fact, there have several recent newpaper articles stating just the exact opposite. Chip Rosenbloom has publically stated that he does not want to move the team, he wants to leave it in St. Louis, as was his mother's wish.

Aside from the misquided whinings of LA politicians, the only "remodel" that the Colisuem should get is between 700 - 800 lbs of 40% commercial grade demolition explosive - the rest has already crumbled by itself

Toronto is just a sideshow - the "Dome" is not an NFL stadium - never was - never will be :lol:

The "huge" number of fans you allude to - forget to show up on Sunday - too many distractions

Even the Chargers, with their smallish stadium, "rabid" fan base and a pretty good team has trouble selling out.

Yes, I know, they sold out season tickets last season, but game day tickets were selling for less than face on E-Bay and other services

The SOCAL Fan is way too fickle

Even the Chargers, with their smallish stadium, "rabid" fan base and a pretty good team has trouble selling out.

Interesting.....

Do you know much about their tailgating policies? A guy I know told me that there is no eating, drinking or smoking allowed, but I find it hard to believe this particular person. Is this true?

The "huge" number of fans you allude to - forget to show up on Sunday - too many distractions

Yes, I know, they sold out season tickets last season, but game day tickets were selling for less than face on E-Bay and other services

The SOCAL Fan is way too fickle

Reread my post. I said based on the size on LA there "SHOULD" be a huge number of fans, not that there were. I am with you, the LA market sucks.

Aside from the misquided whinings of LA politicians, the only "remodel" that the Colisuem should get is between 700 - 800 lbs of 40% commercial grade demolition explosive - the rest has already crumbled by itself

Toronto is just a sideshow - the "Dome" is not an NFL stadium - never was - never will be :lol:

If Toronto were to get the Bills, they would have no problem building a new dome. Toronto is the banking capital of Canada, the largest City in Canada, and 4th largest in North America.

Interesting.....

Do you know much about their tailgating policies? A guy I know told me that there is no eating, drinking or smoking allowed, but I find it hard to believe this particular person. Is this true?

Aside from being full of Charger fans, the lots at Qualcomm are just like RWS - just about anything goes.

One funny difference - City of San Diego police patrol the lots, telling all the underage drinkers to spill out their booze :lol:

It was Eric Dickerson they traded that brought the franchise down, I thought it was after they traded for Ferragamo :lol: