Development along waterfront

The runoff issue is being dealt with by NYS (and it has nothing to do with the Erie County Water Treatment plant, which is south from there).

It's a great beach...and will be even better in a couple of years.

Love your attitude Mr. Chi-town....glad we could agree on Marv, BTW.... :rolleyes:

It's a "great" beach? Lurker, we will have to disagree on that one.

As far as what Marv has actually told someone I know personally at PFW, we will have to disagree on that one also.

We can agree that Marv is a class act and that he certainly wishes all the best for the Buffalo franchise while it's there.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The environmental impact statements about the property, its historical use and the wealthy greenies' legal attacks should be interesting to watch. :rolleyes:

I've worked on my share of brownfields in the city I used to work with URS Corp. There will be some soil borings if possible to determine what kind contamination might exist there and what is the extent. That would be the first phase.

As far as what Marv has actually told someone I know personally at PFW, we will have to disagree on that one also.

Wow, I'm impressed. You actually know someone at PFW? Great Moogly Woogly!

I never in a million years would've thought Marv could be so callous about saying poor old Buffalo's living on borrowed time and the TO Bills are warming up the moving vans. I'd certainly have expected something more Churchillian anyway.

Boy, that's really depressing...I'll have to go to the beach tomorrow and chill out a while.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with everything you posted. I justed wanted to clarify the areas you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Oh I know, I just always get confused with the inner harbor/outer harbor/erie basin/small boat harbor. You think I would know them by now, I have lived here all my life.

Tallahassee isnt quite a hellhole yet. That terminology is reserved for the months of june, july, and august. Asbolutely miserable.

How much hotter can it get? I read somewhere & I could be wrong that it is almost impossibly for florida to get over 100 degrees due to the ocean currents. I know Miami has never reached over 100 degrees.

How much hotter can it get? I read somewhere & I could be wrong that it is almost impossibly for florida to get over 100 degrees due to the ocean currents. I know Miami has never reached over 100 degrees.

Tallahassee isnt florida. Its south georgia. We're 30-35 miles from the gulf, so we get no breeze off the water. We will hit triple digits from time to time, but the humidity is the real killer here. Typical july and august is mid to high 90's with at least 80+% humidity. Heat indices approaching and over 110 are not uncommon down here. Nothing like walking into work at 8:30am in july and being covered in sweat from the walk in through the virtual steam bath.

Seriously.....who goes on vacation and chooses a city in the northeast (non ocean) for the beaches? Sure, it is nice for the residents but we have plenty that are not in the city limits.

Look how Daniel Burnham planned Chicago... There is a reason why South Chicago, Gary and NW Indiana is how it is... You can't polish those turds... BFLO is along that line (South Chicago, Gary, etc...)

Nobody had VISION early on in BFLO... It's #1 asset is totally FUBAR'ed... I suggest one thing... Move the Niagara Section of the 190 east.

Tallahassee isnt florida. Its south georgia. We're 30-35 miles from the gulf, so we get no breeze off the water. We will hit triple digits from time to time, but the humidity is the real killer here. Typical july and august is mid to high 90's with at least 80+% humidity. Heat indices approaching and over 110 are not uncommon down here. Nothing like walking into work at 8:30am in july and being covered in sweat from the walk in through the virtual steam bath.

Absolutely brutal in Tally that time of year. I do not miss that one bit.

THe priciest ones are I believe are 5 to 6 story units right on top of each other. They are pretty big though. I think they are about 2500 sq feet per unit. There are individual ones also, but they are not right on the water.

This is cheap beyond belief. Seriously, there are garden apartments in Queens that cost more than this, let alone Manhattan. Certainly the taxes would suck, but taxes suck in NYS.

I would retire to a place like this in a second if my wife would be willing. My only reservation would be the fear of the Bills leaving town. I can stay here and not have the Bills, ya know? :devil:

I have lived in Buffalo, Boston, Philadelphia and Chicago.

As a Buffalo native, the thing that drives me the most nuts about Buffalonians is how thin skinned they are.

The city's collective self esteem is so low it's embarassing.

In recent years I was in Buffalo when the NCAA tournament was here, the pathetic reporters were following people around asking them "What do you think of Buffalo?" at every turn. Who the f*k cares!!!!!!!!!!!! The need for some sort of positive national validation is frightening.

Buffalo has it's strengths and weaknesses like every other area in the country.

If you like it there, who the hell cares what anyone else thinks?

You lived in Philadelphia? Amerika's largest city owning Amerika's largest inferiority complex?

:devil:

Look how Daniel Burnham planned Chicago... There is a reason why South Chicago, Gary and NW Indiana is how it is... You can't polish those turds... BFLO is along that line (South Chicago, Gary, etc...)

Nobody had VISION early on in BFLO... It's #1 asset is totally FUBAR'ed... I suggest one thing... Move the Niagara Section of the 190 east.

excellent idea about the 190

Sorry, Buffalo's inferiority complex dwarfs Philly's.

No Contest.

That being said, I love many things about Buffalo and the area.

Do you ever watch City Confidential? They did a crime in Philly one episode & that was the first thing they talked about. How Philly always feels inferior because they got such great(meaningfull) cities right next to them. NYC to the north & DC to the south.

I was in Philly on extended business about two months ago. My company was looking at some warehousing space and investment properties, so granted, we were in the more "industrial" parts of town...But goddam, there were sections of Philly that make Buffalo look like Seattle.

Do you ever watch City Confidential? They did a crime in Philly one episode & that was the first thing they talked about. How Philly always feels inferior because they got such great(meaningfull) cities right next to them. NYC to the north & DC to the south.

I lived there on three seperate occasions(maybe the only person to move there three times)lol

and never saw or felt that "woe is me", "why do they hate us" feeling in Philadelphia that permeates Buffalo.

Philadelphia is not meaningful? :devil: As a history buff, I beg to differ.

I never heard people concerned about Philly not being Washington(why?) or New York City(what city compares to N.Y. anyways?)

Philly has got its strengths and weaknesses like every other place.

Definitely true and this topic has been discussed to no end, but logistically moving/re-routing that section of the 190 "north" is a nightmare. Actually first on the list is removing the sky way, this is the hottest current infrastructure topic...

I lived there on three seperate occasions(maybe the only person to move there three times)lol

and never saw or felt that "woe is me", "why do they hate us" feeling in Philadelphia that permeates Buffalo.

That's your opinion and that's fine. I've been to several cities with inferiority complexes, who's worse is a matter of opinion and has a lot to do with the time you were in that particular city.

Philadelphia is not meaningful? :devil: As a history buff, I beg to differ.

I never heard people concerned about Philly not being Washington(why?) or New York City(what city compares to N.Y. anyways?)

Philly has got its strengths and weaknesses like every other place.

I never said it was my opinion. All I said was the show which does an introduction of the city in the first part said that Philly has a complex, possibly because they are sandwiched in between by two of the greatest cities in the country. I have only been to Philly once, seemed like a nice place to live.

excellent idea about the 190

Not my idea... Has been known for over 50 years... Even the SeaWay issue with BFLO becoming a "dead-end" in favor of opening places like Toronto to the world was well argue duriing the Eisenhower adminstration... BFLO sat on their laurels and doubly nobody in power went to bat for them... Hence the mess.

Like I said numerous times... Look what the 198 does when you go through Delaware Park... Speeds you right by.

Maybe in the past the city could sustain people speeding by to get to Niagara Falls... Today BFLO has to compete with that attraction (especially the Canadian side... Look how nice the ParkWay is)

A day late and a dollar short, the world has past what was and STILL is a WORKER town with no substantial historical commercial base.