Development along waterfront

I believe the ones right on the water our going for between $250K & $350K. The ones a little ways from the water our going for $150K - $200K. Certainly not the price of a midtown condo in Gotham, but not chump change either.

Are these in a high rise with riverfront views, or 2 story condos?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, i know a lot of you will get your panties all in a bunch, but how are people moving around within Buffalo (from the suburbs to a waterfront condo) going to stimulate buffalo's economy?

Today's Lesson on the Impact of Population and Economic Shift for Ramius:

When population shifts from suburban areas to more urban areas....the retail follows (and vice versa as we have seen in many areas of the country)....with more retail comes more amenities to suit the population. With more amenties comes more ameneties and more amentities.....and the goal is for large businesses and corporations to see progress in those urban areas thus bringing in jobs and more "moola".....with progress comes more progress....etc

Capice?

Sincerely,

Panties in a Bunch Guy!!!

Just a reminder for any folks that would consider buying one of those condos at the old Freezer Queen Site.

They are being built in a pier surrounded on three sides by water.

If you haven't been on the waterfront between December through March, you are going to have a new appreciation for what a Buffalo winter is really like.

I'm not talking Amherst, Lancaster or Orchard Park "tough Buffalo winter"-

I'm talking brutal, on the waterfront weather ,that most even true Buffalonians ,have never experienced on a daily basis.

Enjoy the view.............

Just a reminder for any folks that would consider buying one of those condos at the old Freezer Queen Site.

If you haven't been on the waterfront between December through March, you are going to have a new appreciation for what a Buffalo winter is really like.

I'm talking brutal, on the waterfront weather ,that most even true Buffalonians ,have never experienced on a daily basis.

Thanks for the update and words of encouragement.....by the way....take your skirt off Sally! :blink:

What? A walk along the water front after dinner in Febuary is not a good idea?

You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one talking sh-- about Buffalo. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my grill about Buffalo, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

You're too funny! Now sing this Talking proud, talking proud, Buffalo got the sprit.......

Maybe their have a skating rink right outside. The winds sure will be blowing. Might have some old folks falling on the butts there. Should be a laugh!

Maybe their have a skating rink right outside. The winds sure will be blowing. Might have some old folks falling on the butts there. Should be a laugh!

Dude...if you are going to throw insults out there, can you please do it in a way that makes sense! You write as if you dropped out of school in the second grade!

Thanks for the update and words of encouragement.....by the way....take your skirt off Sally! :blink:

Love your comment back :P

FWIW it's not personal with me. I love what I love about Buffalo and could care less if people don't agree with me.

Was anything I said untrue about what living on a pier on the Buffalo waterfront would be like ?

Do you live in the city? Have you ever lived in the city? Have you truly spent time on a daily basis near the waterfront in Buffalo?

Details please.

Love your comment back :blink:

FWIW it's not personal with me. I love what I love about Buffalo and could care less if people don't agree with me.

Was anything I said untrue about what living on a pier on the Buffalo waterfront would be like ?

Do you live in the city? Have you ever lived in the city? Have you truly spent time on a daily basis near the waterfront in Buffalo on a daily basis?

Details please.

He lives right in Riverside!

Do you live in the city? Have you ever lived in the city? Have you truly spent time on a daily basis near the waterfront in Buffalo on a daily basis?

Details please.

No..Yes..Maybe

Details please.

I would imagine you park in the parking ramp and enter a warm condo, maybe spending 3 minutes at most in the cold garage. A little common sense would tell you not to take a walk along the waterfront in the winter.

Now, i know a lot of you will get your panties all in a bunch, but how are people moving around within Buffalo (from the suburbs to a waterfront condo) going to stimulate buffalo's economy? Until outside revenue and companies are brought in, nothing is going to change.

Obviously, this is not the end all be all answer to stimulate the economy, but it does show that if you build a nice place, people with money will be willing to move to buffalo instead of the suburbs.

Are these in a high rise with riverfront views, or 2 story condos?

THe priciest ones are I believe are 5 to 6 story units right on top of each other. They are pretty big though. I think they are about 2500 sq feet per unit. There are individual ones also, but they are not right on the water.

They are not on three sides of water. It is just one side. I think your thinking of a different location. The wind is brutal though when it gets going down there though.

They are not on three sides of water. It is just one side. I think your thinking of a different location. The wind is brutal though when it gets going down there though.

Would these new residences be in a nice area to raise a family?

I would imagine you park in the parking ramp and enter a warm condo, maybe spending 3 minutes at most in the cold garage. A little common sense would tell you not to take a walk along the waterfront in the winter.

You make it sound, oh, so cozy!

Let's not forget that the Freezer Queen site has been reported to be rat infested.

That should add to the coziness.

Would these new residences be in a nice area to raise a family?

If this is a serious question, not really. At this point and time there is absolutely nothing else around there. There are proposals (again) to develop that whole waterfront stretch, but we know all to well how that goes.

You make it sound, oh, so cozy!

Let's not forget that the Freezer Queen site has been reported to be rat infested.

That should add to the coziness.

yeah, cause they wouldn't get rid of the rats when they tear down the existing building.... :blink: