Development along waterfront

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

they said more building are being planned, which is the kiss of death for any Buffalo project. But now i guess they get to pay a ton of $ to people to draw lots of pretty pictures about the buildings until some nutjob complains that theres historical significance to the ground they are breaking. I expect to see the new buildings completed sometime around 2065.

Nice pictures. I'm sure billionaires are lining up to invest and build in Buffalo after seeing some rocks put around a parking lot.

they said more building are being planned, which is the kiss of death for any Buffalo project. But now i guess they get to pay a ton of $ to people to draw lots of pretty pictures about the buildings until some nutjob complains that theres historical significance to the ground they are breaking. I expect to see the new buildings completed sometime around 2065.

Nice pictures. I'm sure billionaires are lining up to invest and build in Buffalo after seeing some rocks put around a parking lot.

Now, now... It is nice, actually visited it this summer. Now, if BFLO is pinning it hopes on it like some Navy Pier, Faneuil Hall, or BALT's Inner Harbor... BFLO may be in for a rude awakening.

Just saying...

Philosophers and Ploughmen

Each must know his part

To sow a new mentality

Closer to the Heart

Now, now... It is nice, actually visited it this summer. Now, if BFLO is pinning it hopes on it like some Navy Pier, Faneuil Hall, or BALT's Inner Harbor... BFLO may be in for a rude awakening.

Just saying...

Philosophers and Ploughmen

Each must know his part

To sow a new mentality

Closer to the Heart

I was there this summer myself, and its turning out real nice. However, this still isnt doing sh-- to "re-build" the city. If Buffalo were to have this beautiful section on top of a redeveloped city, that would be great. By itself however, the harbor project is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

I was there this summer myself, and its turning out real nice. However, this still isnt doing sh-- to "re-build" the city. If Buffalo were to have this beautiful section on top of a redeveloped city, that would be great. By itself however, the harbor project is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

Agree. And to boot, it isn't even a viable commercial harbor the way they have it set up... It does nothing, goes nowhere. I know this is harsh, but BFLO has to stop be geographically handicapped.

yawn

Rome was not built in a day....agreed there is more to be done, but it has to start SOMEWHERE, and at least for now, it is great to see that an effort is at least being made in Buffalo..I hope the progress continues

Rome was not built in a day....agreed there is more to be done, but it has to start SOMEWHERE, and at least for now, it is great to see that an effort is at least being made in Buffalo..I hope the progress continues

True.

But, you are still going to need money makers that consistently infuse capital into the area... How much can history, parks, and concession stands hold out... Those are the areas where people cut first and brown bag their entertainment. And BFLO is one hell of a brown bag town! Like my in-laws, they won't think twice about NOT dropping a dime to support the place... How many high spending tourists will be there and how long will it last before it gets old...

Where is the foundation of the economy?

• 4 months later...
Four projects completed? Wow, move over New york, you are going to have competition now!

Like someone said earlier, until Buffalo gets some big buisness taking up roots in Buffalo and bringing in some good paying jobs, this waterfront project is just putting lipstick on a pig

yeah they cleaned the garage of a house on niagara st last week. count that in