Texas Pro Day

» WR Limas Sweed (6-4 ¼, 210): Ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.51, had a 37 ½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot, 8-inch long jump, 4.33 short shuttle, 7.14 cone drill, ran position drills and looked good catching the ball.

He had a 4.46 at the combine in the 40.

Late

Guest Buffalo Billdo
» WR Limas Sweed (6-4 ¼, 210): Ran the 40 in 4.50 and 4.51, had a 37 ½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot, 8-inch long jump, 4.33 short shuttle, 7.14 cone drill, ran position drills and looked good catching the ball.

Late

If he could only stay healthy. Scares the daylights out of me.

Guest Buffalo Billdo
For you Texas guys....how does Sweed compare to Roy Williams when you saw him at Texas. I confess I have not watched much Texas football.

I wouldnt put him quite in the same class as Roy Williams. Williams took the Big 12 by storm early in his career then his numbers fell off b/c he had a young vince young throwing to him.

This is mostly a guess though. Sweed was just never healthy so it is mostly guesswork.

For you Texas guys....how does Sweed compare to Roy Williams when you saw him at Texas. I confess I have not watched much Texas football.

Here's his highlight video

Watching this video, I think his body control and Hands are better then half the pro's I've seen. Has trouble separating but makes up for it with his ability to "go get it".

Sweed was just never healthy so it is mostly guesswork.

Before his first and only significant injury he started 39 straight games.

Guest Buffalo Billdo

Has Oklahoma had their pro day yet? How does Kelly compare.. I dont think he ran at the combine.

I don't think he does. I think Kelly is the 3rd best WR in the draft. OK has had their pro day and no he hasn't run yet.

I think Kelly is third best WR at best. IMO Sweed and Thomas are neck and neck and it's a matter of preference. I am not sure how many teams are looking to draft WR in first round(maybe Philly, Minnesota, Bears,) but the depth of the WRs bodes well for a trade down. I think Minnesota likes Thomas a lot but I have not heard many teams mention Sweed yet. He might be able to be drafted late in the first

Guest Buffalo Billdo
I think Kelly is third best WR at best. IMO Sweed and Thomas are neck and neck and it's a matter of preference. I am not sure how many teams are looking to draft WR in first round(maybe Philly, Minnesota, Bears,) but the depth of the WRs bodes well for a trade down. I think Minnesota likes Thomas a lot but I have not heard many teams mention Sweed yet. He might be able to be drafted late in the first

Yup, just looked it up and Kelly didnt run even though OKLA already had their pro day. He is holding a separate workout April 9th... Sounds like to me he is running slow and hoping to shave a 10th of a second over the next month... fishy

Those are the two I got neck and neck with a slight edge to Thomas due to Sweed's injury. I would even prefer Hardy or Doucet over Kelly.

Has Oklahoma had their pro day yet? How does Kelly compare.. I dont think he ran at the combine.

Oklahoma had their pro day. Kelly was there but did not participate.

I believe that he is scheduled to have his own pro day on April 8th or 9th.

Sweed is growing on me as well.....the thing that I like most is I keep hearing that he is humble and hard working......

he sounds a lot like Poz in this regard......and the locker room presense of these type of guys really helps in other ways and not just in on the field production.

If we need a big target WR to go opposite Evans.....this may be our guy.

ya but Sweed ran a 4.5 that is really slow!

No its not, Bernard Berrian ran a high 4.5s or low 4.6 at the combine and that dude gets deep all the time. Its a 40 time, who gives a sh--. :thumbsup:

Yup, just looked it up and Kelly didnt run even though OKLA already had their pro day. He is holding a separate workout April 9th... Sounds like to me he is running slow and hoping to shave a 10th of a second over the next month... fishy

Malcolm Kelly supposedly has some sort of thigh injury that has kept him from running for the scouts.

:thumbsup:

He started EVERY SINGLE GAME after becoming a starter during his freshman year, up until he injured his wrist.

How the !@#$ does that = not being able to stay healthy?

Jermichael Finley (Texas) ran a significantly better forty today at his pro day (4'6) than at the combine where he ran 4'8. All of a sudden I'm re-evaluating Jermichael Finley as a solution to the TE problem - - he has a lot of upside. Although, I still think we should go with a balanced TE that can be a productive Blocker in the run game, such as Brad Cottam.

I have been consistently pro Sweed, although i must admit I think both Sweed and Kelly are a reach at # 11.

Guest dog14787
Malcolm Kelly supposedly has some sort of thigh injury that has kept him from running for the scouts.

Malcom Kelly is the best WR in this years draft :thumbsup:

Sweed is growing on me as well.....the thing that I like most is I keep hearing that he is humble and hard working......

he sounds a lot like Poz in this regard......and the locker room presense of these type of guys really helps in other ways and not just in on the field production.

If we need a big target WR to go opposite Evans.....this may be our guy.

hope he can catch with one hand- that wrist injury is not proven to be healed

Has trouble separating but makes up for it with his ability to "go get it".

Which is why I can't warm up to the guy. If he can't seperate from guys who'll be asking "do you want fries with that" in the near future, what's he going to do againd NFL DB's who can shadow his every move and more often than not fight just as hard for the jump ball?

Guest dog14787
Which is why I can't warm up to the guy. If he can't seperate from guys who'll be asking "do you want fries with that" in the near future, what's he going to do againd NFL DB's who can shadow his every move and more often than not fight just as hard for the jump ball?

couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Jermichael Finley (Texas) ran a significantly better forty today at his pro day (4'6) than at the combine where he ran 4'8. All of a sudden I'm re-evaluating Jermichael Finley as a solution to the TE problem - - he has a lot of upside. Although, I still think we should go with a balanced TE that can be a productive Blocker in the run game, such as Brad Cottam.

I have been consistently pro Sweed, although i must admit I think both Sweed and Kelly are a reach at # 11.

I LOVE FINLEY.

Really, the guy is a beautiful receiver. He needs to work on his blocking, but he's tall, fast, has good hands, and made people miss.

Guest dog14787
I LOVE FINLEY.

Really, the guy is a beautiful receiver. He needs to work on his blocking, but he's tall, fast, has good hands, and made people miss.

I like Finley to :thumbsup:

Late

WOW! This makes it even harder to decide who I want us to get (Thomas or Sweed). I think I'm still going with Thomas because he's from Michigan State which is a COLD weather team.

WOW! This makes it even harder to decide who I want us to get (Thomas or Sweed). I think I'm still going with Thomas because he's from Michigan State which is a COLD weather team.

I get the whole cold weather thing and maybe that is a factor in the decision, but I give sweed the edge based on the 3 1/2 inches he has on Thomas and how well he catches the ball with his hands by all accounts.

I get the whole cold weather thing and maybe that is a factor in the decision, but I give sweed the edge based on the 3 1/2 inches he has on Thomas and how well he catches the ball with his hands by all accounts.

make that HAND, since his other one does not work due to injury

why waste a premium pick on an injured guy, who even when healthy does not justify the #11 draft spot.

played 11 games as a freshman, and 13 games in both his sophmore and junior years - that's a lot of action to judge him on - and he was very productive - especially as a junior with 12 touchdowns.

That is the thing,I really would not call him injury prone, he was healthy for 3 seasons & just had a tough go of it senior year.

The separation part scares me a little. I agree with the above poster that he does have a tough time getting separation. I wouldnt be upset at all with him as our 1st rnd pick. Im starting to like him a little more then kelley.