don imus apology accepted by me

lightning21

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cant accept this guys apology,then you my friend,are ignorant.hes obviously sorry for a few words he said on air,im sure all of us have said stupid stuff,though it wasnt on air.why do people have to hold grudges,lets be real

I'm offended by your punctuation.

Call him tomorrow morning -- I am sure he will be pleased that you have found it in your heart to forgive him.

The most important thing is that he is a better person for all this. I mean half his show now is about "The Ranch", Green Cleaning, Fallen Heros -- maybe the part of his personality that follows the giving back path will take over and he will live out his life as a philanthropist. I personally would love this because his shtick got tired with me about 20 years ago...about the same time he went into rehab.

Welcome to the board.

Check out the Rutgers press conference on espn.com. I can't stand Imus, but if I was him I would walk up to the microphone and say "I F***ing apologized and that's it as far as I am concerned. If my employer wants to fire me that's okay, if not, that's okay to".

Check out the Rutgers press conference on espn.com. I can't stand Imus, but if I was him I would walk up to the microphone and say "I F***ing apologized and that's it as far as I am concerned. If my employer wants to fire me that's okay, if not, that's okay to".

I'm sure it's a joke. The best response, bar none, Rutgers could have given to this is: "Don Imus? Who's that?"

Marginalizing this thing would be FAR better than keeping it in the press for three !@#$ing days...but then, if you marginalize Imus, Al and Jesse don't get their speaking engagements. 0:)

I'm sure it's a joke. The best response, bar none, Rutgers could have given to this is: "Don Imus? Who's that?"

Marginalizing this thing would be FAR better than keeping it in the press for three !@#$ing days...but then, if you marginalize Imus, Al and Jesse don't get their speaking engagements. :D

And isn't it a noble cause it is to keep their calendars full?

I respect your thoughts on this subject a lot. Do we ever get to a point where we reach the saturation rate of "Dumbshits on Parade" or is their enough ignorance in society to keep it going in perpetuity? I guess I know the answer....

And isn't it a noble cause it is to keep their calendars full?

I respect your thoughts on this subject a lot. Do we ever get to a point where we reach the saturation rate of "Dumbshits on Parade" or is their enough ignorance in society to keep it going in perpetuity? I guess I know the answer....

I'm sure you do. Just like we all know the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby now...

I'm sure you do. Just like we all know the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby now...

I love how our media reports the important stuff- like Imus, Anna, and Britney shaving her head. Forget about Darfur-what does Tom and Katies baby look like? :D

Remember your mom telling you: "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?"

Now we have a culture where everyone runs to these college kids to breathlessly ask them how some words that none of them even heard has "affected" them. The absurdity meter is really off the charts here.

Remember your mom telling you: "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?"

Now we have a culture where everyone runs to these college kids to breathlessly ask them how some words that none of them even heard has "affected" them. The absurdity meter is really off the charts here.

well stated

The funniest thing about this whole ordeal is the fact that Don Imus -- a racist -- went and apologized on the radio show of Al Sharpton -- a racist.

Classic.

Imus' line to Sharpton when "the Rev" wasn't accepting his apology -- "I just can't win with you people." Yeah, Imus has a pure heart, folks. :D

I agree 100%. Do I think what Imus' dumb ass said was ok? No, but do I think he has a constitutional right to say it? Yes. It's amazing how much of a double standard there is here and this is what bothers me. You had the Jeffersons in the 70's and 80's, a black man, using all kinds of white racial slurs on tv. Honkey this, cracker that. It was thought to be funny or whatever, now every time anything is said about a black person the whole community is in an uproar. I think it's being blown way out of purportion and I'm tired of seeing big Al and JJ all over every issue. This is between Imus and Rutgers women's bball team. Just my opinion. Imus is a racist and so is Sharpton. It's time to move on folks, there's nothing to see here.