don imus apology accepted by me

lightning21

Remember your mom telling you: "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?"

Now we have a culture where everyone runs to these college kids to breathlessly ask them how some words that none of them even heard has "affected" them. The absurdity meter is really off the charts here.

Blame the Baby Boomers... It is only gonna get worse before it gets better...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing Imus should have said to the likes of Sharpton is "Go to H*ll".

Let's recall some effects of Sharpie's rhetoric...one of the falsely accused in his Tawana Brawley pack of lies committed suicide.

His hatred of Jews resulted is his acolytes shooting 4 people, and two more died when the store he was boycotting was torched.

7 people dead.

Stuck, I think you missed my point (if I had one). Sharpton is as much of a racist (and piece of schitt) as there is, which made it completely and utterly ironic and ridiculous that Imus would go to him to apologize.

The bottom line in all of this, I think, is that despite his assertions to the contrary, Imus is not "a good man who made a bad mistake." He's a bad man who has most likely said these sorts of things (and, more importantly, felt that way) all his life, but finally slipped and let it out at the wrong time and place.

When a person is accused of being a racist, the last thing he should do is start talking about all of his "black friends." Listening to Imus tell the story about his wife holding the hand of a black child while driving to the hospital was pathetic -- as if helping a sick child of any color "proves" you don't have racist feelings in your heart.

It doesn't bother me a bit if Imus fades away -- he certainly doesn't need the money, and he hasn't added anything to the world of broadcasting in years (if ever).

Yeah, I hate to see something like this happen to anyone... but if it has to be someone, it might as well be a no-talent, POS hack like Imus. B-)

What an idiot, he's made every wrong move to try to get out of this... and Stern is just having too much fun this week. :lol: