Turner is going to Buffalo Wed. He took a physical for

Here's a thought that will make you toss and turn all night. What if Buffalo swaps 1st rd picks with San Diego and Peterson is still available when they pick and they take him? I would put my foot right thru the television.

This is why I think it would be waaaaay to premature to trade for Turner before the draft. If there is little competition left for him(which it appears there isn't), we can simply wait till after day 1.....SD will be desperate to offload him(they want something for him).....& we could offer our 2nd rounder(?) for next year......assuming we didn't get a RB on day 1.

Swapping 1sts is ridiculous. It would be the equivalent of giving up the #1 pick in the second round.....not going to happen IMO.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just messing around about Peterson. Here's what I expect. Turner won't be available by the end of this week let alone making it to the draft and Peterson will also be long gone by the 12th pick.

I would like to see us get Turner for a 3rd rder (#92 would be great!) this year and our 3rd rder (Hopefully the one we got from Baltimore) in next year's draft. If that's not enough then step it up with our 2008's 2nd rder with one of our 3rd rders in this year's draft.

Swapping our 1st rder with them in this year's draft would be disappointing but if that's what it would take then I think that we should probably do it. Anything more than these scenarios would be too much in my opinion and I would rather have us look elsewhere.

Anyone notice on the first clip Turner plowing over the "80 million dollar man" <_<

<_<

Ummmm no. But I did see Clements beat his block, grab a wide open RB from behind and by himself manage to stop his momentum. He was also about to drag him down short of the goalline until not 1 but 2 CHarger OLinemen bowled into them and knocked them over the goalline.

But forget that Clements had the will and desire to make a tough hustle play in the closing moments of a blowout loss on the road. Any corner worth their salt would have single-handedly brought down the 800 lbs of all 3 Chargers in that situation. I'm glad that bum is out of here.......

I was just messing around about Peterson. Here's what I expect. Turner won't be available by the end of this week let alone making it to the draft and Peterson will also be long gone by the 12th pick.

I would like to see us get Turner for a 3rd rder (#92 would be great!) this year and our 3rd rder (Hopefully the one we got from Baltimore) in next year's draft. If that's not enough then step it up with our 2008's 2nd rder with one of our 3rd rders in this year's draft.

Swapping our 1st rder with them in this year's draft would be disappointing but if that's what it would take then I think that we should probably do it. Anything more than these scenarios would be too much in my opinion and I would rather have us to look elsewhere.

Next year's pick should be conditional on performance, IMO. If it ends up being a #1 GREAT.

<_<

Ummmm no. But I did see Clements beat his block, grab a wide open RB from behind and by himself manage to stop his momentum. He was also about to drag him down short of the goalline until not 1 but 2 CHarger OLinemen bowled into them and knocked them over the goalline.

But forget that Clements had the will and desire to make a tough hustle play in the closing moments of a blowout loss on the road. Any corner worth their salt would have single-handedly brought down the 800 lbs of all 3 Chargers in that situation. I'm glad that bum is out of here.......

Speaking of salt, I think you just poured a mound of it on a wound that none of us are still not happy about. Nobody who is a Bills' fan wanted to see Nate go, we were just resigned to the fact that he would be gone. I hope he feels the same way about Buffalo and it's fans as they do about him.

Speaking of salt, I think you just poured a mound of it on a wound that none of us are still not happy about. Nobody who is a Bills' fan wanted to see Nate go, we were just resigned to the fact that he would be gone. I hope he feels the same way about Buffalo and it's fans as they do about him.

I took it as yet another example of somebody wanting to run a good player down just because he wasn't a Bill any more. Claiming he was bowled over was even less than a mindless observation with no merit whatsoever, it was more like a straight out lie; I just wanted to set the record straight for those who may not have actually seen the clip.

Sorry if it stung a wee bit. <_<

I took it as yet another example of somebody wanting to run a good player down just because he wasn't a Bill any more. Claiming he was bowled over was even less than a mindless observation with no merit whatsoever, it was more like a straight out lie; I just wanted to set the record straight for those who may not have actually seen the clip.

Keep fighting that good fight, Simon. <_<

I miss Nate <_<

I watched that video. The best runs were against the sh!tt!est run defense (the Bills) or when the Chargers were up by 30 points.

He is a real good back up, not a franchise back.

Ummm...yeah. Probably the most impressive clip in that video was a run against Chicago with 4:20 to go in the 1st quarter. He broke two tackles, beat people to the outside, stiff armed a guy to the ground, and then drug a guy about another 10 yards down field before going down!

It's hard to see one of our good players that we drafted go to another team, unless they hated it here and badmouthed us then I say good riddance. I'm just glad that he went to the NFC. That reminds me, good thing that Tennessee is an AFC team too, that puts us on an equal plane with them for Turner's service. A team like Green Bay could spell trouble though.

Lost in all this is that the play clock had clearly hit 0 before the snap of the ball. The Bills were screwed again! <_<

Lost in all this is that the play clock had clearly hit 0 before the snap of the ball. The Bills were screwed again! <_<

See, THIS is a Bills fan.

BRAVO, MDH! <_<

Simon,

If you spend your time addressing every "mindless observation" on this board or hell even in this thread you're like to either go mad or die of exhaustion.

I got a particular giggle of of some of the Turner criticisms from people who clearly don't have a clue about the guy. Keep fighting the good fight.

The Bills can get a better prospect at 12 than 30.

I'll say it again, a draft is not about getting the best pick every round but getting the best collection of players. To me getting Turner and say a Brandon Siler and/or a WR Robert Meachem and/or a CB like Aaron Ross (see guys we good potentially could take with pick 30) might be worth far more than Willis would be.

Chicken legs???!!! I don't know, the guy looks pretty good to me. Check him out and tell me what you think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1lrpq_turnervid

Two funny things, good portion of his highlights are against the bills, 2ndly he broke 3 bills tackles ne of which was fletcher, and the guy who brought him dow finally was crowell... He also almost outran pacman jones

Look, Turner would be the BEST option of all the RBs. I think the biggest issue about him should be that we just don't need to overpay for him. I think if Marv got REAL creative and got off that cash to cap crap we do have a unique opportunity to make this draft to be a blockbuster. We have 4 quality picks at great positions. We don't need to spend or blow extra picks in trying to address our needs. Matter of fact we need to parlay our valuable picks and have them prosper. For an example, we could take our 1st rder and trade back to gain extra picks and then use that traded down 1st rder to trade to a team for their established veteran player like a Briggs.

I'm providing a link to a past post that demonstrates this theory. The point is I think that we have a real good shot of trading for Turner but if we do it it could very well jeopardize us getting that blue chip LB (Willis or Poz) which we really do need badly.

So c'mon Marv, forget the cash to cap and make a mojo move before it's too late for Ralph to see us get to a SuperBowl and win it. Forget the Gipper, do it for Ralph. Go Bills!

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=62367

yup adrian peterson is looking better and better each day!

AP is looking like a pipe dream. You need to wake up if you are thinking of him as a sure thing at 12. If we knew he was gona be there at 12 we wouldn't be trying to get Turner. While you're at it Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are both looking good too. Lets at least get a little realistic here.

AP is looking like a pipe dream. You need to wake up if you are thinking of him as a sure thing at 12. If we knew he was gona be there at 12 we wouldn't be trying to get Turner. While you're at it Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are both looking good too. Lets at least get a little realistic here.

If we get Peterson it will most likely be by trade up to the 5-7 area.

Chicken legs???!!! I don't know, the guy looks pretty good to me. Check him out and tell me what you think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1lrpq_turnervid

you got any film clips of him picking up blitzes, blocking or running patterns.

I think he is Kenny Davis- a good backup who could run straight ahead, but severely deficient in the performing the little things needed to be a feature back.

I'm stunned at how many people say they're skeptical of Turner because he's unproven, and then turn around and say they prefer to get their RB from the freaking draft.

What the hell is the difference between an unproven NFL back and an unproven college back in the NFL? Plenty. And none of it supports the theory that a college back is better.

I have no problem with people being skeptical of Turner as a starter, but to say this because he's "unproven" essentially admits that you don't want anything other than a vet. So take your pick: Dillon or Brown. Oh, wait. Dillon is old and Brown isn't...ummm...proven.

We may as well wait until a proven back is available to us. <_< <_< :blink:

To me it's cost for value.

Turner will cost draft picks and mega-bucks.

He can run, but after 4 years in the league, I don't think he can do anything but run the football. Blitz recogintion, blocking, football smarts all need to be confirmed.

If he was a feature back, SD would have found a way to get him on the field with LT to maximize him a s a resource, especially since SD's WRs were so bad.