Turner is going to Buffalo Wed. He took a physical for

I wonder how much will be determined or resolved today with Turner. Do you think that Buffalo makes a run at him and don't let him leave or does Turner leaves Buffalo without a contract being worked?

Even if a contract is worked out it will mean nothing unless SD pulls the trade.

The Bills could offer a monster contract (just to prove my point) and he wouldn't be able to sign it unless SD was going to go through with a trade and agree to the Bills parameters.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if a contract is worked out it will mean nothing unless SD pulls the trade.

The Bills could offer a monster contract (just to prove my point) and he wouldn't be able to sign it unless SD was going to go through with a trade and agree to the Bills parameters.

I don't think that the compensation will be an issue. Marv must have a pretty good idea what SD is looking for. I think that if Marv likes what he sees with Turner and terms can be met with him, then I think Marv can work it out with AJ alot easier than what people would think.

I don't think that the compensation will be an issue. Marv must have a pretty good idea what SD is looking for. I think that if Marv likes what he sees with Turner and terms can be met with him, then I think Marv can work it out with AJ alot easier than what people would think.

I have a feeling this meeting (as with the Tittans meeting, is just a contract extension talk meeting, and that they already have something worked out that if Turner can agree to a deal with either, a trade will be made. Basically, Tenessee has made an offer that SD is good with, and so has Buffalo, but both are contingent on Turner signing a contract

I am relatively new to this board. I have been reading LSI Cadets taking quite a bashing, and I can see why now with ridiculous comments like this. Is his MO trying to get the board riled up or does he really feel this way? I also was reading a month or so ago about Delucca being ridiculed. Are they one and the same as far as insights?

Here's my take, Shirl.

I thought LSI Cadets was just an enthusiastic, but none-too-bright, 16-year old poster who either didn't have, or choose not to use, a "filter" for what it/he chose to post. Stupid, but harmless, basically.

I'm starting to think he's something worse than that. I don't believe he is a character, nor Delucca, nor do I think he purposely tries to rile up the board. He just spouts back what he reads and/or hears, I think. He provides little in the way of original, and for that, I'm thankful. ;) But, he feels the need to share his "opinions" in every thread. Well, I guess they are "opinions" the way, "I believe Vatican City is located in France" is an "opinion".

BTW, I understand, my "filter" can be questioned and I spout my "opinions" all over the place, too.

Fortunately, I'm smart...and funny...and REALLY modest. 0:)

What this seems to mean is that the Bills aren't completely sold on Marshawn Lynch (I don't think they can count on Peterson falling to 12th). Then again, maybe they are just checking out all the possibilities thoroughly. I would be disapointed if they traded for Turner, but they might not have any other reasonable option.

Certainly a player is less interested in "future consideration" than another team (or GM). We used to hear about "a player to be named later" etc. frequently it seemed, but not recently. I think GMs still give each other "future consideration" more often than we know. They just stopped telling the media about it.

I was musing to myself what would happen if SD knew the Bills were offering better pick(s) than Tenessee (less than the 1st and 3rd) and MT's agent had a better contract offer from Tenessee. Neither would want to approve the deal....

What this seems to mean is that the Bills aren't completely sold on Marshawn Lynch (I don't think they can count on Peterson falling to 12th). Then again, maybe they are just checking out all the possibilities thoroughly. I would be disapointed if they traded for Turner, but they might not have any other reasonable option.

By the end of today I'm sure we will all have a good idea where we stand with Turner and our RB situation. If Buffalo doesn't act quickly then I would suspect that they will be willing to take their chances in the draft and even maybe sign that bum Chris Brown for the interm.

By the end of today I'm sure we will all have a good idea where we stand with Turner and our RB situation. If Buffalo doesn't act quickly then I would suspect that they will be willing to take their chances in the draft and even maybe sign that bum Chris Brown for the interm.

If so, they should wait for Tenessee to sign MT then and weaken Chris Brown's bargaining position. I would much rather land Turner than Brown.

If so, they should wait for Tenessee to sign MT then and weaken Chris Brown's bargaining position. I would much rather land Turner than Brown.

You mean you would rather have an up & coming rb that appears to have tremendous upside to a rb that has been a major disappointment & injury prone & hasnt been able to stay on the field for his entire career? This insight is just brilliant. 0:)

I think that there will be a great disappointment around here if we don't get Turner. I think the most attractive part in getting Turner is that we should still have our 1st rd pick at the #12 spot to use for a defensive player that we need all the while that we addressed another need of ours at the RB position.

You mean you would rather have an up & coming rb that appears to have tremendous upside to a rb that has been a major disappointment & injury prone & hasnt been able to stay on the field for his entire career? This insight is just brilliant. 0:)

I know it was a statement of the obvious, but when I said they should wait for Tenessee to sign MT to weaken Chris Brown's bargaining position I was trying to be clear this is NOT what I think they should do. Tipster suggested we might sign Brown. I was saying that signing Brown before Tenessee signs MT would be the worst of both worlds (wrong guy and would cost more).

Did you only read my second sentence?

Kiss Turner good-bye, he ain't coming. What I meant was we are not going to get him. Start shifting your focus on Marshawn Lynch or a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Here's a blurp that might cheer you up alittle bit. I just got done watching NFL Live! and they had old helmet head Kiper on and asked him who's stock is on the rise and went thru a whole rigamarole on his character, work ethic, and blah, blah, blah and said Patrick Willis is rising and is now somewheres in the middle of the 1st rd. He then went on to emphasize that he may go to the Bills.

Pick your chin up and have a nice day.

Kiss Turner good-bye, he ain't coming. What I meant was we are not going to get him. Don't shifting your focus on Marshawn Lynch or a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Here's a blurp that might cheer you up alittle bit. I just got done watching NFL Live! and they had old helmet head Kiper on and asked him who's stock is on the rise and went thru a whole rigamarole on his character, work ethic, and blah, blah, blah and said Patrick Willis is rising and is now somewheres in the middle of the 1st rd. He then went on to emphasize that he may go to the Bills.

Pick your chin up and have a nice day.

I just saw that, too and wondered, "if his stock is RISING, how will he be there at #12 when many have him going at #11 already?"

You mean he's a Democrat?

Now , I mean he's like the foolish flock that follows and believes and spouts back ANY political or religious beliefs without challenging them and thinking them through. I think that applies to Dems and Reps, Liberals and Conservatives. Right now, the Reps are leading the league in that dept, BTW. (That could be because I have a super-conservative who sends me all the right wing propaganda which he believes and parrots without question.) But, it's ALL bad.

I think that there will be a great disappointment around here if we don't get Turner. I think the most attractive part in getting Turner is that we should still have our 1st rd pick at the #12 spot to use for a defensive player that we need all the while that we addressed another need of ours at the RB position.

I don't think the Bills would be overly disappointed but I could be wrong. I think with the Offense we have they want a big back (turner fit that), that is a very good physical and mental (not Willis Mcg) blocker (don't know about Turner but assume he could fit this, and lastly, will be a great help to JP in the flats or down field catching passes and picking up RAC yards. I think they may be targeting Brian Leonard, RB from Rutgers. He passes all those tests with flying colors for our O at least based on what he showed in college. He also is of great character and a top notch teammate. He just wants to win. The ONLY question about him is "does his 'game' translate into a good-very good RB in the NFL?".

I bet the Bills think so and will grab him in the 2nd right at #11 in the 2nd or move up or down and grad him mid or later in round 2.