Turner is going to Buffalo Wed. He took a physical for

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see how fast his feet were flying? He almost looked like a cartoon. We are supposed to have a massive retooled O-Line, I would love to see Turner get out into open space. Fans want us to use a draft pick on a RB, if the price is right, why not use one on Turner?

If Marv & Co are seriously considering Turner I hope they wait until after or during the draft to make their move

If Peterson and Willis are both off the board at #12, then I'd consider swapping 1sts plus taking their 3rd

If we wait till after or during the draft and Peterson is gone, and we want Turner not Lynch, AJ holds the cards not us. Right now we have a better chance of getting him for cheaper.

AJ holds limited cards and most of it is a bluff. I'd call him on his bluff. Take BPA available at 12 and if peterson and lynch are gone offer a 3rd if they so no then take kenny irons in the 2nd rd. They can lose Turner for nothing for next year for all I care. Much better then feeding an afc power house top shelf picks.

...and almost every nutjob on this message board thinks that A-Train is Eric Dickerson on Redbull. Count me as a Turner skeptic. He's top-heavy (chicken legs, as I remember being the concern coming out of school), not overly fast, and unproven.

I'm stunned at how many people say they're skeptical of Turner because he's unproven, and then turn around and say they prefer to get their RB from the freaking draft.

What the hell is the difference between an unproven NFL back and an unproven college back in the NFL? Plenty. And none of it supports the theory that a college back is better.

I have no problem with people being skeptical of Turner as a starter, but to say this because he's "unproven" essentially admits that you don't want anything other than a vet. So take your pick: Dillon or Brown. Oh, wait. Dillon is old and Brown isn't...ummm...proven.

We may as well wait until a proven back is available to us. <_< <_< :blink:

i bet around 11:30-12ish tomorrow the next story will read.........."turner trip to buffalo cancelled,chargers and titans working on trade details"

after this we can get back to the who is better debates.....adrian peterson or marshawn lynch. go bills in"07

I watched that video. The best runs were against the sh!tt!est run defense (the Bills) or when the Chargers were up by 30 points.

He is a real good back up, not a franchise back.

Crappy defenses or not, did you see that run vs Titans? There's no way that he should be able to make that cut in the mid field vs an NFL defense. The LBs & S had the angle on him, and he just ran by them. That's no back-up.

i bet around 11:30-12ish tomorrow the next story will read.........."turner trip to buffalo cancelled,chargers and titans working on trade details"

after this we can get back to the who is better debates.....adrian peterson or marshawn lynch. go bills in"07

AP, but he will be LONG GONE by 12....

Hopefully this is where Marv's character pays off. I don't know how AJ feels about old Ralph but I would be pretty surprised if Marv wasn't on amicable terms with him. It wouldn't be in San Diego's best interest if they didn't give all of the potential suitors a fair opportunity to offer them compensation.

AP, but he will be LONG GONE by 12....

true ap may be gone at #12.if turner goes to the titans it may change marv's draft strategy.marv may have to decide if ap is worth moving up for,or should he stand pat at #12 and settle for marshawn lynch.i prefer to get ap,but i bet ml can have a good career too.

I watched that video. The best runs were against the sh!tt!est run defense (the Bills) or when the Chargers were up by 30 points.

He is a real good back up, not a franchise back.

10/01 @BAL L 13-16 No 7 46 6.6 19 0

10/08 PIT W 23-13 No 11 56 5.1 23 0

Those are two pretty good defenses. And this is the beauty of this whole deal. You expand those #s over 20 + carries when most backs get stronger, that's a hell of a game. However, maybe he is just a great change of pace back. Personally, I think he's the real deal and can't wait to see him get the ball 20 times in a Bills' uni. <_<

What the hell is the difference between an unproven NFL back and an unproven college back in the NFL?

Well, probably about $15 million. I doubt Turner could be signed for less than $30 million over 5 years. Better be damn sure he's the real deal if you lock up that much cap space on a RB. I'd prefer less $$$ allocated to the RB position given all the other holes this team has to fill.

Here's a thought that will make you toss and turn all night. What if Buffalo swaps 1st rd picks with San Diego and Peterson is still available when they pick and they take him? I would put my foot right thru the television.

Tv's are pretty expensive and I'd rather not get electrocuted, but I'd be pretty pissed off. It's part of the reason I said if AP is gone offer a 3rd for turner if SD balks well let them have their 2 million dollar backup and lose him for nothing next year. I really am not seeing a tremendous upside to turner compared to the production that someone like kenny irons would offer.