What does your name mean?

BillsFanM.D.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been called Guff (nickname from shortly after birth) and I lived in Buffalo from birth till 1982,

Promo The Robot was a character from a kids cartoon show on Channel 7 when I was growing up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's. I chose that as a name because only someone who shared that experiece would get it. My avatar is the original "plywood box" Promo. Over the years they updated his look, but old school Promo was the best.

PTR

Yoho is named after the great Mack Yoho. He was a defensive end that was also a kicker and not a very good one but at the beginning of every game in the early 60's, Bills fans would yell "yo" as he approached the kickoff and "ho" when he kicked the ball. Always thought it was the coolest thing about the Bills when I was 7

Coach Tuesday is the nickname my now-deceased good buddy came up with for Gregg Williams, because Gregg-o always knew every fact in the universe during his press conferences, but had no clue on gameday.

:devil: I never knew that was the origin. GREAT!

not really a mystery in my case either.

Fortunately it's not plural.

I, too have some webbing (two toes on each foot). Funny thing is, I swim like s#it.

First two letters of my last name followed by my first name. See, it's funny becaus..... yeah. =) I used the same name for AIM, 'cept it was taken, so I stuck my anniversary date after it. Carried it over here so I wouldn't forget it.

Mine? I'm a procrastonator. In fact, if I don't go pay my electric by phone right now this might be my last.....*POWER OUTAGE*

Truthfully, when I happened about this god forsaken place the first thing I thought of was how the Bills are overdue.....pretty boring, really. :devil:

I always loved the episode of SNL with Chris Farley, Michael Jordan, Mike Meyers and others sitting around the table in Hula Skirts saying Da Bears and decided Da Bills sounded better so I used the first thing that came to mind for my name and that was it.

I always loved the episode of SNL with Chris Farley, Michael Jordan, Mike Meyers and others sitting around the table in Hula Skirts saying Da Bears and decided Da Bills sounded better so I used the first thing that came to mind for my name and that was it.

DA SUPERFANS Good stuff. :devil:

Some names on here are clear: John from Hemet is from Hemet and named John. I'm a fan of the bills who was crazy enough to go to med school. Kelly is a completely objective canine. Others are a mystery....please feel free to explain.

I, too wondered about the names a few years ago. This should add a lot of insight:

How did everyone come up with their names?

P.S. - I didn't re-read the whole thing, but Beerball, you got some explaining to do. Either that or all the, um.....beer, is taking your memory.

Astrobot is taken from Astrobot Academy, where we robots trained to be steadfast and true,

providing accurate and complete information to all Bills fans everywhere.

Oh...And it's my educational software company, now pretty much defunct.

770 is my number I run on my YZ450 Motocross bike, I run the Vet class, as in old fart that can't give up the ghost. The NikNak is a nickname I got in high school. I use to "date" a girl named Patty. Remember the old nursery rhyme.... With a nic nac patty whack give a dog a bone, this ol' man came rolling home. Patty wasn't the greatest looking girl on the planet.

Damn, it just worked...and now it doesn't. I'll try again...if not, I'll just reply and bump a 3 year old thread to the front page.

I think I'll change my name to "Bart who can't work internet"

works great and that's a great read. thanks for the link.

So you're saying you like it Greek style :devil:

You ever been to that little Greek place in Erie? I don't recall the name, but my aunt and uncle used to take me there all the time....good stuff!

LOL....I would have thought "magna doodle" was more true to the original language.

isn't that some sort of cookie? lol

Here's more than what you asked for but I was: NOWHEREMAN because my favorite Beatles' song and sort of fit!? My favorite group along with most British rock & the NY based Young Rascals! Basically I enjoy the Bills (& Sabres) along with music from that era since I'm 53 & getting old - or as some of you young guys would say - are old!! I became a diehard bills fan in 1963 at age 9!! B & W TV on NBC WGR channel 2 & I think only about 8 AFL teams. I had to switch to GETBACK because lost my password with several moves in last 2 years & now reside in Bull DAWG country in Athens, GA.