Marv Levy's comments...

Marv is going to say he is completely happy if not thrilled with who he has, meaning Shaud and Coleman, for the simple and obvious reason that if he doesn't, the agents for Rhodes and Brown and Dillon and A Train can hold us hostage a helluva lot easier when negotiating.

I'm starting to know how Kansas City Royals fans feel...............

I'm still in shock by the brevity of PG's post :thumbsup:

I rarely disagree with you, Vram, but it's only March 8th. I don't think we can judge if the Bills are better or worse off with only Shaud on the roster until we see what they end up doing with the picks and available FAs. They don't need ANY RBs in March.

As for the intense hatred directed at Willis, I agree it should have nothing to do with the evaluation of the move.

The summary above of his talk is a great one, but i think a key for Bills fans in reacting to this is where said something like we have a lot of work to do but we are not panicked.

I think this is key because while some folks seem ecstatic about this because they wanted WM gone so badly (I guess they were tempted to sleep with him and now their fears of becoming Baby Mommas are relieved) they are singing today.

However, the key here is that simply removing WM is not even addition by subtraction as there are not indications (yet possibly since perhaps people may speak more freely if team members were holding back while he was on the team.

However, the key for the Bills is that right now the starting RB we have under contract is Shaud Williams and no matter how much you hate WM for his off-field comments, this is a diminishment for the Bills in terms of our current 1st string RB.

See Lawrence Maroney, Joseph Addai, Caddilac Williams, ETC. Running back is the easiest poition to make an impact as a rookie. Hell for that matter, Joe Cribbs, Thurman Thomas. Great Move getting 3 draft picks for Willis "I thought it was third down" McGahee. The guy is a bum, even Jom Rome basically banned from his show because the guy couldn't even put a thought together. Did you see his stint on NFL Network last year. What an embarassment! The guy is an idiot and if you can't get me a yard in the NFL then you can't play on my team. And I don't want to hear about last years O line. Willis missed so many holes last year that he couldn't tell swiss cheese from balogna.

And I don't want to hear about last years O line. Willis missed so many holes last year that he couldn't tell swiss cheese from balogna.

I never realized what a great offensive line we had last year. I wonder why our off season has been spent trying to upgrade it.

Re Fred Jackson and Coe College, anyone remember Cary Bender, another Coe alum who was a preseason regular under Marv?

It's like Donohoe and Modrak going whole hog for Villarreal -- all three went to Indiana University (Pennsylvania), as did Haslett for that matter (also hired by Donohoe while Modrak was in Pittsburgh).

Interesting quote from DJ:

Asked if McGahee had requested a trade, Jauron replied: "That's a good question for you to ask him."

Could be something more behind this, but even if not, it is the move we made, not a terrible one. I had hoped we wouldn't trade Willis without getting a much higher pick, but he's gone now, and we have to replace a guy who has played average (regardless of whether he is better than that or not) in the most replaceable position on the field. I'm still excited about this team, and with the right final pieces this can become a great deal. And since we weren't going to sign him after this year we get something...I bet we wish we had gotten two first day picks for Nate right about now.

I never realized what a great offensive line we had last year. I wonder why our off season has been spent trying to upgrade it.

Yeah, three lineman. one each to tell Willis, This is first down. another to remind him this is second down,and a third to remind him this is third down. Too bad they didn't sign a fourth to let the moroon Know IT"S FORTH DOWN!!!

Re Fred Jackson and Coe College, anyone remember Cary Bender, another Coe alum who was a preseason regular under Marv?

It's like Donohoe and Modrak going whole hog for Villarreal -- all three went to Indiana University (Pennsylvania), as did Haslett for that matter (also hired by Donohoe while Modrak was in Pittsburgh).

Just a Coe-incidence.

Damn! Now I'm doing it.

First, Is Jim Overdorf the GM? I keep hearing this guys name about everything the GM should be doing.

Second, yeah, it is March 8, but getting a RB sooner rather than later is imperative. We're running out of options. You might find one in the draft, sure, but I'd like to have someone on my roster who has some starting NFL experience earlier than mini-camp. Now, that doesn't mean we get someone who's aging, but someone who can handle 20 carries per game. Keep waiting and the options dwindle. Fraud Williams and Levy's college boy Jackson aren't the answers.

I think drafting a RB in round 1 or 2 takes away from drafting defense too much. And we all know this board has pointed out in several threads how weak the defense looks on paper.

Besides, everyone knows how keen Marv is on starting rookies.