Marv Levy's comments...

He really did not say a whole hell of a lot. Basically, he said that both teams got value. He wishes Willis well. The Bills have an RB who lead NFL Europe in all purpose yards. The Bills do not know which way they are going to go in the draft. Blah, blah, blah.

A summary please? Can't do video at work...

Only things of note is that Marv said that they plan to re-sign A-Train, they like some kid who led the nfl europe league in rushing, fred jackson, to compete for a spot, shaud williams as a spot duty kind of guy, and they certainly (marv seemed to emphasize this word) haven't ruled out bringing in another RB..... you can read between those lines...

Otherwise, just standard small talk.

Says only moving Willis if they got value, which they did.

Likes having extra picks, and that they can be used to move up too.

Likes the various Bills options from 2006 team, but with a big smile we certainly will not rule out bringing in a free agent.

Not locking on to ideas on players in the draft at this point, but evaluating.

SUMMARY

Trade:

- were in negotiations with multiple teams

- thinks both teams got good a good trade

- did player evaluations at the end of the season and there was a consensus (coaches to management) that they wanted to make a change at RB but only if they could get good value for Willis

- Thinks 4 picks in top 100 gives the team great flexibility to move up or down...haven't zeroed in on any one player

RB situation:

- Hopeful of getting A-Train back

- Shaud can do spot duty

- Fred Jackson (practice squad) who led NFL-E in total yds. will be in the mix

- "Certainly" not opposed to bringing in a FA running back

- Running by committee vs. feature back will be a decision for Jauron and coaches

Says only moving Willis if they got value, which they did.

Likes having extra picks, and that they can be used to move up too.

Likes the various Bills options from 2006 team, but with a big smile we certainly will not rule out bringing in a free agent.

Not locking on to ideas on players in the draft at this point, but evaluating.

That certainly looked like a "we'll have an announcement soon" smile to me. :thumbsup:

I saw a few of the NFL Europe games last summer and thought Fred Jackson really looked good. I was hoping he'd get a real shot at playing last season. Not sure why he didn't or what the story is on this guy. I just remember watching a few of those games thinking wow this guy looks good. Before I even realized he was a Bill, I thought why can't we get a back that runs like that.

SUMMARY

Trade:

- were in negotiations with multiple teams

- thinks both teams got good a good trade

- did player evaluations at the end of the season and there was a consensus (coaches to management) that they wanted to make a change at RB but only if they could get good value for Willis

- Thinks 4 picks in top 100 gives the team great flexibility to move up or down...haven't zeroed in on any one player

RB situation:

- Hopeful of getting A-Train back

- Shaud can do spot duty

- Fred Jackson (practice squad) who led NFL-E in total yds. will be in the mix

- "Certainly" not opposed to bringing in a FA running back

- Running by committee vs. feature back will be a decision for Jauron and coaches

Great summary; thanks! I believe the comment I bolded above is the most telling; Willis simply wasn't getting the job done the way they want it done.

The summary above of his talk is a great one, but i think a key for Bills fans in reacting to this is where said something like we have a lot of work to do but we are not panicked.

I think this is key because while some folks seem ecstatic about this because they wanted WM gone so badly (I guess they were tempted to sleep with him and now their fears of becoming Baby Mommas are relieved) they are singing today.

However, the key here is that simply removing WM is not even addition by subtraction as there are not indications (yet possibly since perhaps people may speak more freely if team members were holding back while he was on the team.

However, the key for the Bills is that right now the starting RB we have under contract is Shaud Williams and no matter how much you hate WM for his off-field comments, this is a diminishment for the Bills in terms of our current 1st string RB.

The summary above of his talk is a great one, but i think a key for Bills fans in reacting to this is where said something like we have a lot of work to do but we are not panicked.

I think this is key because while some folks seem ecstatic about this because they wanted WM gone so badly (I guess they were tempted to sleep with him and now their fears of becoming Baby Mommas are relieved) they are singing today.

However, the key here is that simply removing WM is not even addition by subtraction as there are not indications (yet possibly since perhaps people may speak more freely if team members were holding back while he was on the team.

However, the key for the Bills is that right now the starting RB we have under contract is Shaud Williams and no matter how much you hate WM for his off-field comments, this is a diminishment for the Bills in terms of our current 1st string RB.

I rarely disagree with you, Vram, but it's only March 8th. I don't think we can judge if the Bills are better or worse off with only Shaud on the roster until we see what they end up doing with the picks and available FAs. They don't need ANY RBs in March.

As for the intense hatred directed at Willis, I agree it should have nothing to do with the evaluation of the move.

I rarely disagree with you, Vram, butit's only March 8th . I don't think we can judge if the Bills are better or worse off with only Shaud on the roster until we see what they end up doing with the picks and available FAs. They don't need ANY RBs in March.

As for the intense hatred directed at Willis, I agree it should have nothing to do with the evaluation of the move.

Good Point!

- The Broken Record :thumbsup:

I cant believe how dumb Marv is. Do you know what we call NFL Europe in America, Marv? Soccor! He is too old to run a team! Bring back Bill Polian!

I always called it the NFL Europe, but that's just me. Never understood soccer. However, I did go to a riot once and soccor game broke out...

Marv is going to say he is completely happy if not thrilled with who he has, meaning Shaud and Jackson, for the simple and obvious reason that if he doesn't, the agents for Rhodes and Brown and Dillon and A Train can hold us hostage a helluva lot easier when negotiating.