Valentine's Day

\GoBillsInDallas/

Valentine's Day  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How will you celebrate with your wife tonight?

• Give her a gift
    • Have a romantic evening together by yourselves
    • Nothing - she's lucky to be married to me

Valentine's Day, How will you celebrate with your wife tonight?

I am cooking a nice Filet Mignon candle light dinner for the wife tonight. I bought her some flowers, candy, and card. And I am shutting my cell phone off and will not speak with my girlfriend at all tonight. Tonight's all about the wife!!!

I believe 37 Billion Dollars is spent on some kind of gift or what have you on Valentines day.

I think that's enough. I'll pass. I buy my wife flowers many times throughout the year ( when they dont knock the price up by 1000% ), and take her out to dinner 3 to 5 times a month. I think I'll contribute that " Valentines " money on something like a Vacation. She'd like that even more. :wallbash:

I believe 37 Billion Dollars is spent on some kind of gift or what have you on Valentines day.

I think that's enough. I'll pass. I buy my wife flowers many times throughout the year ( when they dont knock the price up by 1000% ), and take her out to dinner 3 to 5 times a month. I think I'll contribute that " Valentines " money on something like a Vacation. She'd like that even more. :wallbash:

what he said...except for the flowers part...my wife hates them...

My wife and I met two days after Valentines Day, so we never celebrate the holiday. We wait two days and celebrate the anniversary of our meeting, at which time it's basically the same thing every year: she cooks me a nice dinner and brings three of her hottest girlfriends over where we do all kinds of funky things to each other with a fork. Just standard stuff, really.

well, my friggen business trip got cancelled last night cause of the weather, so tonight my special valantines treat for my wife will be I am waiting to have my first beer until she gets home!!!!(she arrives usually round 5:45)

Oh, and I went to the Kroger and got her some fresh limes for her Tangeray and Tonic

I used to think that way as well and she even agreed with me. Come to find out that she really does want the flowers and card and everything. Found out the hard way, didn't buy her a card one year and she was upset for a week. I said, "but i though we both agreed not to waste money on this sham of a holiday?" Well I paid for it big time. Don't let her fool you, she will say not to do anything, but that's not what she means. Especially if all her friends and co-workers are getting flowers and gifts delivered.

I used to think that way as well and she even agreed with me. Come to find out that she really does want the flowers and card and everything. Found out the hard way, didn't buy her a card one year and she was upset for a week. I said, "but i though we both agreed not to waste money on this sham of a holiday?" Well I paid for it big time. Don't let her fool you, she will say not to do anything, but that's not what she means. Especially if all her friends and co-workers are getting flowers and gifts delivered.

We been together almost 20 years. I think I can handle this one. :wallbash::blink:

Nothing... Choice three...

BTW, Steak and BJ day is over rated...

:worthy::pirate:

But really... Nothing... Love is respect, not about a day or holiday... I will cut her fresh roses/wildflowers from the garden other days... What not...

Like Eryn said... In my case we are going on 13 years in May... And it gets better each day!

Pics?

Today's the big day, Gidge. Wifey and I have been together for 11 years. But I have bad news for you voyeurs.

We're going to do something different this year. Instead of presents and booze and orgy-crazy sex, we've decided to name a star after each other. It'll be in a book and everything. It's certified. It's the real deal. And no one else can have that star named after them because it's ours. Our star. And it was cheap. You'd think it would cost a lot to own a star, but there's like a couple thousand of them, so there's enough for everyone.

I think naming a star after someone is the most romantic thing you can do. :worthy:

Today's the big day, Gidge. Wifey and I have been together for 11 years. But I have bad news for you voyeurs.

We're going to do something different this year. Instead of presents and booze and orgy-crazy sex, we've decided to name a star after each other. It'll be in a book and everything. It's certified. It's the real deal. And no one else can have that star named after them because it's ours. Our star. And it was cheap. You'd think it would cost a lot to own a star, but there's like a couple thousand of them, so there's enough for everyone.

I think naming a star after someone is the most romantic thing you can do. :bag:

:worthy::sick:

There are far too many people in this world who apparently don't do enough nice things for those they love throughout the year that they feel guilted into celebrating some fugged up Hallmark holiday.

Valentine's Day should be a kids only holiday -- you know, when you got to pass out those little paper Valentines at school and see if you got one from the cute brunette who developed boobies at the age of 10.

I think naming a star after someone is the most romantic thing you can do. :worthy:

I did that for my wife a few years ago. Three weeks later the fugger goes super nova on me. Quite spectacular and all but now it's gone. Tried to get my money back but to no avail. Those star bastages. Her birthday is coming up soon. I found a site that lets you name a snowflake after her. I think that's nice but is $4,300 too much?