Lost S3 Discussion Thread

linksfiend

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bus hit was cool. :blink:

And quite unexpected! That being said, does this mean that Juliet has some Walt-like power where she can will things to happen? Too much of a coincidence. Either that, or that Portland dude and Ethan some how made it happen (though that's somewhat hard to believe). And why the interest in bringing her to the island...couldn't be for her fertility work...rather, could it be because she has some type of power?

And quite unexpected! That being said, does this mean that Juliet has some Walt-like power where she can will things to happen? Too much of a coincidence. Either that, or that Portland dude and Ethan some how made it happen (though that's somewhat hard to believe). And why the interest in bringing her to the island...couldn't be for her fertility work...rather, could it be because she has some type of power?

No, I think it was definitley for her fertility work. She made a pregnancy happen for her sister (who I guess we're lead to believe has cancer?) and as the Portland guy said, in a male rat. How he knew this (it wasn't published work).... And what was with Ethan walking out of her sister's room early in the ep? Wouldn't be surprised if an Other was driving the bus after they learned what it would take to get her to go on the project. (And, holy sh--, what a scene!) It all just connects too well for it to be an accident. And especially when you consider the lengths they've gone to get exactly what they want and their resources to get it done. You also have to think about the backstory and how it relates to the present. She killed that prick Other (happy that he finally got his) to help Kate and Sawyer escape per Ben's supposed orders... does that suggest that she killed (passively?) Dr. Burke to help escape, herself? Looks like in the next ep, Juliet's in trouble for what she did.

The scene with Carl in the sensory overload room was wiggy. But it does totally reinforce that 'Redemption of --- or through? --- TV' theory. I didn't write it down, but it was something about planting a seed of goodness or something. And then the "Everything Changes" like in Hurley's hatch dream in S2. The more clues we get the more it looks it's going that way --- that the Others are trying to instill a change in behaviors in humanity to avert a future disaster. That official video 'leak' last year about the numbers and how they represent a sequence related to the survival of the human race.... And in addition to trying to force a change through behavior/'free will', they're also trying thru genetics and the injection drugs.

As Lindelof said in the interviews last month, they're starting to go downhill in terms of revealing answers. We're now at ep 55 of what he says will be about a 100-ep series. I would argue that quite a few of the mysteries do have answers/clues that we have seen, just we don't know yet that they are answers. I have a feeling it's going to be like "The Sixth Sense" in that 'Oh, man! That's right...!' way.

Duey, could you change the thread title by editing your original post? Perhaps make it "Lost S3 Discussion Thread" and we can simply have it like the '24' thread. Seperate threads for each ep might have been necessary before, but I think the level of activity has died down enough to make one continuing thread sufficient.

FWIW, (and I know some people hate posts like these - so just put a lid on it) Deborah works with a girl whose best friend is married to one of the producers. She claims the show has already been canceled and this is the last season...

I don't care if anyone believes this or not, I'm just passing it along.

FWIW, (and I know some people hate posts like these - so just put a lid on it) Deborah works with a girl whose best friend is married to one of the producers. She claims the show has already been canceled and this is the last season...

Most non-fans probably thought it was already cancelled. :blink:

I'm just going to respond to the logic of it....

When the odds of a show attracting and maintaining an audience are so small these days, the ABC executives will just dump one of their top 3 shows where they're making money hand over fist? Lost is not Alias.

More believeable that Walt Disney's cryogenically frozen, disembodied head is running things and Jim Carrey has been hired as Ace Ventura to move Walt's lips and ad-lib.

My wife sent me an email last year around the holidays regarding a "gang" which was kidnapping people at the mall around the holidays. She said one of her coworkers was a friend of a lady's daughter who was assulted. I read the email, went to SNOPES and found the exact same story there, debunked. Any time a story is more then one person removed from the "source", chances are it is pure BS.

Also in recent interviews, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof (who are the Producers of LOST) have said that while a lot of mysteries will be resolved this year, fans will have to wait until next season for more answers as they won't even come close to resolving things this year.

I'm just going to respond to the logic of it....

When the odds of a show attracting and maintaining an audience are so small these days, the ABC executives will just dump one of their top 3 shows where they're making money hand over fist? Lost is not Alias.

More believeable that Walt Disney's cryogenically frozen, disembodied head is running things and Jim Carrey has been hired as Ace Ventura to move Walt's lips and ad-lib.

Well, the show is very expensive to produce and the ratings have slid considerably. I don't have the numbers, but it could just be the bottom line doesn't justify keeping the show any longer. They didn't move it to 10:00pm because of strong ratings and a strong trend line. Maybe the contracts are up on the key actors and that would jack the show $ up?

My wife sent me an email last year around the holidays regarding a "gang" which was kidnapping people at the mall around the holidays. She said one of her coworkers was a friend of a lady's daughter who was assulted. I read the email, went to SNOPES and found the exact same story there, debunked. Any time a story is more then one person removed from the "source", chances are it is pure BS.

Also in recent interviews, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof (who are the Producers of LOST) have said that while a lot of mysteries will be resolved this year, fans will have to wait until next season for more answers as they won't even come close to resolving things this year.

I understand what you are saying and you are probably right, but I don't want to go through life thinking everyone is a lying ahole. She doesn't have any motive to make it up and it makes little consequence if she is right or wrong anyway.

Of course, she may have only 1/2 the story. Maybe it is more like "the show is canceled if they don't regain their ratings strength".... I dunno, I'm hearing it 3rd hand.

Well, the show is very expensive to produce and the ratings have slid considerably. I don't have the numbers, but it could just be the bottom line doesn't justify keeping the show any longer. They didn't move it to 10:00pm because of strong ratings and a strong trend line. Maybe the contracts are up on the key actors and that would jack the show $ up?

They've moved it simply to avoid a conflict with Idol. Everyone does it. Hell, they rebroadcast "Grey's Anatomy" on Friday night for people who watch CSI. It is expensive. But they get $ from original broadcast commercials, re-air commercials, DVDs, video game coming out, action figures, magazines.... I dunno about the contracts, but that's the normal posturing of a network. And if anyone gets too vocal, fine --- they're the next to die on the island. I would think the bottom line is doing all right.

The main reason the numbers have slipped was predictable out of hand when the series started. It's drama-quasi-sci-fi; as the plot gets more complicated, you expect people who don't want to use their gray matter to stop watching. But also, lots of people are watching online or simply waiting for the DVDs so they can watch it all in one go as a viewing preference.

The recent news from the network execs was that they wanted to set a definite end to the show and were having very agreeable discussion w/ Lindelof/Cuse/Abrams for the original conception of five seasons. They seem to be playing very hands-off for a show whose EP's have run very well. If anything, Lindelof was saying that, at a scenario far down the road and 300 forks from where they are, ABC could can him in order to keep the show running longer.

Did you ever play that game 'Telephone' in elementary school? ... :blink:

I was not surprised that Juliet's ex got hit by the bus. In that scene when he walks out of the building, you can see the bus in the street. As soon as I saw it I knew he was going to get run over.

They didn't move it to 10:00pm because of strong ratings and a strong trend line.

Bingo!

The show WAS great. It was one of the best shows ever, in my opinion.

But when they decided to CONTINUALLY add more to the puzzle and never go back and put even a couple pieces together, I feel most people (myself included) saw the ridiculousness of this show. When I realized the producers clearly don't even have the "answer" that everyone is looking for (meaning, they are still writing the story as they go along) I got sick of it - and I think ALOT of others did too. There are interesting things that came up in the first few episodes that have NEVER been brought back up.

It would take 10 more seasons to answer all the questions, and tie up all the loose ends to this show.

And if the time change was to compete with American Idol, that's ridiculous for a couple reasons. A truly strong show wouldn't need to do that, and second it would make more sense to change the DAY, so people who go to bed early could still catch it.

YAWN.

Bingo!

The show WAS great. It was one of the best shows ever, in my opinion.

But when they decided to CONTINUALLY add more to the puzzle and never go back and put even a couple pieces together, I feel most people (myself included) saw the ridiculousness of this show. When I realized the producers clearly don't even have the "answer" that everyone is looking for (meaning, they are still writing the story as they go along) I got sick of it - and I think ALOT of others did too. There are interesting things that came up in the first few episodes that have NEVER been brought back up.

It would take 10 more seasons to answer all the questions, and tie up all the loose ends to this show.

And if the time change was to compete with American Idol, that's ridiculous for a couple reasons. A truly strong show wouldn't need to do that, and second it would make more sense to change the DAY, so people who go to bed early could still catch it.

YAWN.

Oh look, another stogan post pooping on LOST, how original. Wouldn't be an offical LOST thread without it!