Lost S3 Discussion Thread

linksfiend

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought....

Maybe her sister is really her brother? Just kidding. But, she did get a male rat preganant, so one never knows!

Count me in the group that just about jumped out o my seat at the bus, never saw it coming.

Liked calamity jane , dam I miss deadwood.

Maybe the contracts are up on the key actors and that would jack the show $ up?

Bingo. As Hitchcock said, they're just cattle anyway. No need to have any of them hold ABC up (like the Friends cast used to do to NBC) when there's always a fresh new crop of "faces" waiting in the wings.

Bingo. As Hitchcock said, they're just cattle anyway. No need to have any of them hold ABC up (like the Friends cast used to do to NBC) when there's always a fresh new crop of "faces" waiting in the wings.

No worries, again if you do a little research you'll find everybody is under contract. Unless the ratings absolutely tank, the show isn't going anywhere.

I'm not watching this goddamn show anymore.

It's like the f*cking Matrix trilogy. The first one was good and the following installations sucked Trinity's tranny dick.

Well, this preview was in the USAToday, which I was reading while eating my Kung PO at lunch. No spoilers really, but does talk a little bout the content on tonights show, whic sounds really good!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/cri...cs-corner_x.htm

Does anybody actually believe Alex is Ben's daughter?

No I think she was taken from Rousseau at a young age and raised as Ben's daughter possibly because of something special about her. Kind of like Claire on Heroes.

BTW, if anyone is interested there's a really good Lost article in Entertainment Weekly this week. I suggest anyone that believes the writers "don't know where the series is going" check it out.

Wow, I'm going to have a monster headache tomorrow as I try to put all of this together....

Right about this being an 'old-school' LOST. Deep rumination on the nature of Time, Fate.... Questions now arise of everything we've seen, how it fits in. If Charlie was meant to die, we have seen several instances where it has been averted, i.e. in the airplane, dodging the crashing rack, on the beehive, in the cave-in, being hanged by Ethan..... But I'm just getting the sense that everyone on the plane/island is going/has gone/will go through a similar thing to what happened to Desmond in this ep. Knowing the future and being unable to avoid it sooner or later, then just acquiesing to it (Fate). Charlie, if you remember, tried to "Change Everything" when he went out with the girl with the Winston Churchhill thing. The Others are trying to Change Everything with their experiments. Jack fights back against Fate while his father gave in. Claire's breakup fight with Aaron's father was AMAZINGLY similar to Desmond's breakup w/ Penny, even the wording, iirc. Walt, of course.... Lots of similaities we've seen before. As I maintained last week, I think there's going to be a whole 'Sixth Sense'-like thing, where for those of you who B word, piss and moan about having to endure a mystery and not being explicitly told what the answers are when you want them.... they will have been right there the whole time. And next week promises to answer three of the biggest mysteries. So STFU and enjoy the ride.

Also, Desmond near the end said that if he could go back again he would change things. Didn't he miss the point of his flashback/flashforward? You can't change things. I'm also wondering which version of Desmond it was.... was it island-Desmond actually living through the actual past, island-Desmond living through a re-created past, pre-island Desmond with glimpses of the future in the actual past? But if it were what really happened in the past.... the lady in the jewelry shop just blew my mind (and was that her in the preview for next week's ep?).

Lastly, I have to say I'm a firm believer in Fate/deja vu. It's happened to me several times where I've seen things in dreams that weeks... months...years later I remember happening. Things that happen that I have a weird feeling I've seen before. One event in particular where thing after thing was happening like it did in my dream.

Lost or is it Final Destination?

In terms of extra-textual similarities, I was thinking more like Vonnegut's relation of Billy Pilgrim's becoming "slightly unstuck in time" in Slaughterhouse Five.

Haven't seen FD. I watch fewer Hollywood movies than solitary-confinement prisoners. :lol:

In terms of extra-textual similarities, I was thinking more like Vonnegut's relation of Billy Pilgrim's becoming "slightly unstuck in time" in Slaughterhouse Five.

Haven't seen FD. I watch fewer Hollywood movies than solitary-confinement prisoners. :lol:

That was a good book. Can you recommend anything else by Vonnegut?

Also, Desmond near the end said that if he could go back again he would change things. Didn't he miss the point of his flashback/flashforward? You can't change things. I'm also wondering which version of Desmond it was.... was it island-Desmond actually living through the actual past, island-Desmond living through a re-created past, pre-island Desmond with glimpses of the future in the actual past? But if it were what really happened in the past.... the lady in the jewelry shop just blew my mind (and was that her in the preview for next week's ep?).

:lol: Wish i wouldn't have read that on only one cup of coffee....

It almost seems like Desmond has gone back in the past several times. Each time he comes back and saves Charlie in a different way, otherwise how would he know that he drowns. it actually getting pretty good in a Goundhogs Day meets Final Destination kind of way...

:P Wish i wouldn't have read that on only one cup of coffee....

It almost seems like Desmond has gone back in the past several times. Each time he comes back and saves Charlie in a different way, otherwise how would he know that he drowns. it actually getting pretty good in a Goundhogs Day meets Final Destination kind of way...

Complex doesn't even begin to describe this particular episode. And like I've read others say, it's probably one that's going to be referred to a lot in the future as to what is happening on the island.

Your read would make sense. If Charlie dies in the lightning strike, he can't also have died swimming in that same Desmond-life. I would just have to submit whether this could be/was delivered in a dream-state (as the island has done) as opposed to actual reality.... But that phrase "See you in another life, brother!" does deliver a new gravitas.

Likewise, I will say again that I don't think Desmond is the only one to be going through (or be around other people who have) this phenomenon, tho he may be the only one who is cognizant of it beyond simple deja vu. I'm referring specifically to Claire's painter boyfriend... and Nadia (whose line is "I will see you in the next life, if not this one"). Perhaps the Lostaways are simply in the first go-round of being 'slightly unstuck in time.'

Complex doesn't even begin to describe this particular episode. And like I've read others say, it's probably one that's going to be referred to a lot in the future as to what is happening on the island.

Your read would make sense. If Charlie dies in the lightning strike, he can't also have died swimming in that same Desmond-life. I would just have to submit whether this could be/was delivered in a dream-state (as the island has done) as opposed to actual reality.... But that phrase "See you in another life, brother!" does deliver a new gravitas.

Likewise, I will say again that I don't think Desmond is the only one to be going through (or be around other people who have) this phenomenon, tho he may be the only one who is cognizant of it beyond simple deja vu. I'm referring specifically to Claire's painter boyfriend... and Nadia (whose line is "I will see you in the next life, if not this one"). Perhaps the Lostaways are simply in the first go-round of being 'slightly unstuck in time.'

Good points. Now that the hatch is destroyed and there is no key to turn, will it ever happen to Desmond again? I enjoy these types of episodes as opposed to the physical confrontations. This episode really makes you think about everything happening. My wife hates it, but I enjoy watching a show in which you really have to pay attention.

At the end of last season, when Penny got the phone call, didn't she have the picture of her and Desmond on her nightstand that Desmond now has on the island?

Yes, I thought that as well.

Also, isn't that old lady one of the ones in the season premire episode at the book reading club?