Lost S3 Discussion Thread

linksfiend

Another garbage episode.

This show is RAPIDLY losing my interest. Anyone know of ONE thing, just ONE that we learned in this episode having any relevence to ANYTHING??

I really, really like this show, I am trying hard not to tune out, but at this point, it's getting hard to even remember it's on anymore...

I enjoyed the episode. I will admit, not every espisode is balls to the walls, but it was nice to just have a fun episode with interaction between the original castaways again. Hey, at least we know Hurley actually won the money and isn't nuts!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they moved it to 10 to get it away from American Idol. Sucks...me so sleepy by 10. :blink:

I liked the episode, but I was a little miffed that it was teased in listings, etc. as having this shocking Others-connection revelation at the end. So what is it? That Alex is Danielle's daughter...oooh, there's a shocker. :thumbdown:

Right, but they were top 20 if not top 10 competing with American Idol. 10 is just too late.

I agree, but the habit has always been to move shows around to stay away from strong competition. This way, the audience doesn't need to be split. 10 is just too DAMN late. :worthy:

I agree, but the habit has always been to move shows around to stay away from strong competition. This way, the audience doesn't need to be split. 10 is just too DAMN late. :worthy:

Agree with the timeslot. If they're so afraid of Idol, put LOST on a different night.

How'd that 'staying away from the competition' work for "Grey's Anatomy"? They went up against CSI:Vegas and they're wiping the floor with Grissom's 'stache.

---

So, last night was filler. But it was a nice comedic filler.

Good to see Cheech. And for as much as Hurley said he hated his father for leaving, he kept the Camero... which was their link. And it's kind of a turn for bad-things-happen-to-me Hurley. Hope. And... someone told me that Hurley was in a light-blue VW mini-bus when the weird-looking kid found out he won the lotto (don't know about that; I'd have to check).

Roger the workman died on a beer run. :w00t:

Hurley is funny as hell! I think the show is a classic philosphical argument of determinism vs. free-will. You can see that with Hurley with "the curse." no matter what he does he can not escape death. However, he seems to now have found free-will. Also Charlie, he beleived in free-will but now Desmond has told him he is going to die. There are mmany more examples as well.

BTW: I said last week this show is like a Thomas Pynchon novel. Such as The Crying of Lot 49 or Gravity's Rainbow. The last episode confirmed that for me. Hurley and Charlie are such Pynchon-esque characters. Also the themes of paranoia, conspiracy, uncertain meanings, non-linear plots, and lack of plot resolution really makes this enjoyable for me as Pynchon fan - while it is likely to drive most folks nuts.

Also the themes of paranoia, conspiracy, uncertain meanings, non-linear plots, and lack of plot resolution really makes this enjoyable for me as Pynchon fan - while it is likely to drive most folks nuts.

I don't mind. What I can't stand lately is the repetitive nature of the first 8 episodes this season with the whole "Others" mini-season. Since it's returned it hasn't been any better. The Jack goes to Thailand episode was AWFUL. The Hurley van episode was OK, but am I the only one that is noticing a definate decline in the quality of the acting on the show? Sawyer was particularly bad last night I thought and those two new idiots (Nikki and Paulo) are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I don't mind. What I can't stand lately is the repetitive nature of the first 8 episodes this season with the whole "Others" mini-season. Since it's returned it hasn't been any better. The Jack goes to Thailand episode was AWFUL. The Hurley van episode was OK, but am I the only one that is noticing a definate decline in the quality of the acting on the show? Sawyer was particularly bad last night I thought and those two new idiots (Nikki and Paulo) are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

To me the last episode was the season's worst. I mean the only thing remotely interesting was learning that Apollo candy bar was the start of what made Hurley fat but evenso it wasn't anything earth shattering. Jack's visit to Thailand was at least had some eyecandy and raised a few questions as to where the Others stayed on the island that they had back yards, who the cell woman was etc.

what the hell is going on? best episode of the season!!!!!!!

what is the connection with patchy and the others?

why did he blow her away?

did sayid torture that girl?

fantastic episode, reveals some things but raises some nice quetions

My wife speaks fluent Ukrainian and can understand and speak Russian as well. She went to bed though, I'll have to make her watch it tomorrow to translate wtf happended.

My wife speaks fluent Ukrainian and can understand and speak Russian as well. She went to bed though, I'll have to make her watch it tomorrow to translate wtf happended.

You wake her up, NOW!

Yep. Great ep, and it should get things moving at a faster pace, one would hope. Nice mappage Sayid got toward this purpose, but I also think he's keeping the patch guy alive for a reason (not just the whole conscience thing).

They were obviously inviting comparison b/w Sayid-as-captive to the ep from S1 where he interrogated Nadia.... shoe on the other foot kind of thing. I don't think he did torture the woman, but it is entirely possible he did. Weird about that cat. Stupid for Locke to blow the place up w/ all the comm. equipment there; Sayid might have been able to use it.

Patch guy shot Ms. Clew(?) b/c she told him to. Looked like she also told him to kill himself, which he was going to do. This would obviously be to keep them from giving up information about the Others in any interrogation. Sure shows the devotion to keeping the secrets.

You wake her up, NOW!

:rolleyes: I made her watch it this morning. Russian is similar to Ukrainian but it is still a different language so one part she was no sure about. Basically the lady told him:

"We can't tell"

"We gave our word"

"You know what will happen"

The one part she couldn't make out well was something about "a home or our home".

Since I have been so critical about this show often enough, I must say this episode was pretty good.

Isn't heading 305 what Ben told Michael would get him away from the island? Did no one else catch this?

Patchy claimed he was at a "listening station" in Vladivostok prior to Dharma. Is that where they monitoring station seen in the season two finale was? Weren't those two guys speaking Russian?

Looks like we find out what the security thingy is next week.

From the preview, that looks like an enormous Invisible Fence system. Tho, I don't know how the 'monster' c/would be connected to it.... Perhaps when it's tripped, the black cloud appears. We shall see. But yes, for all the people bitching about not getting any answers ("Wah! We want all of our storylines wrapped up in 30 minutes like 'Leave It To Beaver'! Wah!"), they're coming. As Lindelof said, the answers are going on a downhill-speed trajectory now. And frankly, I won't really mind if they don't end up explaining everything. Part of what makes the show great is trying to figure it out for yourself what the hell happened.

Since I have been so critical about this show often enough, I must say this episode was pretty good.

Isn't heading 305 what Ben told Michael would get him away from the island? Did no one else catch this?

Patchy claimed he was at a "listening station" in Vladivostok prior to Dharma. Is that where they monitoring station seen in the season two finale was? Weren't those two guys speaking Russian?

Yep, I believe that's the course they were given by Ben. Who knows if it was legit. I fully expect to see Michael and Walt again; perhaps as early as the end of this season.

No idea what language the two guys were speaking in the finale last season. But it does appear that's what was being referenced. Weird thing is... it was during the Cold War that Sam Toomy and Leonard were there and now there are people from the Russian area. Perhaps all along it was some sort of secret co-op monitoring program. I have read that we will be seeing more of that station with the two guys in an shortly-upcoming ep.

Last night was a great episode and even sh--, I mean stojan can't argue. It's still on way too late but I loved it none the less. I have no idea what Locke was thinking. First off he lets the guy get a jump on him, although I have no idea how the guy untied himself, then he blew the place up. Do you think he would have pushed "77" if he had seen all the C4?

It sucks really bad that the place blew up but boy is it good to have Sayid around. Don't think anybody else would have figured out there was another person there.