Lost S3 Discussion Thread

linksfiend

REALLY hated last nights episode. Seemed like a desperate attempt to attract/retain female viewers. Too much touchy-feely relationship nonsense. Even Sawyer acted like a wuss.

Oh yeah, a new character was introduced.....Yay! :wallbash:

However, I did think of a new drinking game. Take a drink anytime a character asks a good question and the the response is "it's not that simple." :wallbash::wallbash:

BTW, anyone notice that Jack's hot Thai chick seemed to have 3 or 4 different rack sizes? They were the incredible shrinking/growing boobs. What a difference a bra makes. -_-

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY hated last nights episode. Seemed like a desperate attempt to attract/retain female viewers. Too much touchy-feely relationship nonsense. Even Sawyer acted like a wuss.

Oh yeah, a new character was introduced.....Yay! :wallbash:

However, I did think of a new drinking game. Take a drink anytime a character asks a good question and the the response is "it's not that simple." :wallbash::wallbash:

BTW, anyone notice that Jack's hot Thai chick seemed to have 3 or 4 different rack sizes? They were the incredible shrinking/growing boobs. What a difference a bra makes. :(

1) Sawyer told it to Carl exactly how I would. 'If you like the chick, get it on!' Then there was the issue b/w him and Kate... that the sex didn't really mean much/anything.

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the same woman behind the ring counter in the Desmond ep. Hair is a slightly different color.... And watching that again, I got a whole "12 Monkeys"-type flashback, if anyone saw that.... with a connection/continuation of timetravel-nudity started in the Terminator. And I haven't had time yet to look back at the Claire-centric ep from S1, but the more I think about it, the more similar her boyfriend's speech is to Desmond's breaking up with Penny.

3) Yep, she was flat on the beach, then gi-normous in the bed and flat again in the parlor. -_- But note that this is another Lostaway's contact with a pyschic/seer/mystic.

Something I did pick up on watching the re-air and this is the continuation of the 'great man' stuff. Penny's father said it about Desmond... Achura said it about Jack. And the tattoo that says, in Chinese "He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us." I'm wondering about what Achura's tramp stamp says (the camera made sure to see that, but it's also in Chinese, I guess). Things changed seriously for Jack once he became a 'marked man.' Thinking about it now, was there any similarity to Juliet's 'mark' and Ben's scar? Hers was like an upside-down cross with an X through the intersection....

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the same woman behind the ring counter in the Desmond ep. Hair is a slightly different color....

Definitely a different actress. The ring counter lady was from "Waking Ned Devine" discussed earlier in this thread.

Hey Jack... here is an idea...

When you are chillin on the front of the boat, exchanging longing glances at Juliete, why not take the time to ask her "WHAT THE EFF IS GOING ON HERE???".

I said the same thing to my wife...the characters are sweating the small stuff when there are more important things to be learned.

When you are chillin on the front of the boat, exchanging longing glances at Juliete, why not take the time to ask her "WHAT THE EFF IS GOING ON HERE???".

I agree. And why not ask Tom...he seems to be starting to get comfy with chatting with Jack.

So more questions from last night:

1) Why did Jack get beat up for his tatoo?

2) Why were all the people watching Jack?

3) Are we thinking they live somewhere civilized or uncivilized? How many islands can there be?

4) When does Jack score with Juliet?

So more questions from last night:

1) Why did Jack get beat up for his tatoo?

2) Why were all the people watching Jack?

3) Are we thinking they live somewhere civilized or uncivilized? How many islands can there be?

4) When does Jack score with Juliet?

1 - Why does anyone get beat up when they haven't really done anything? There was something about being 'marked' that made people formerly nice to him, kick his ass. I guess it goes with not quite fitting in... or by being the 'great man' others despise that. You could also look back to S1 when he was beat up in the schoolyard flashback.

2 - They weren't watching Jack. They were there for Juliet's trial and surefire execution(?).

3 - Not sure what's meant by this. I think it was Tom who said they don't like coming over to this other jail island. I would guess that most of the time, the Others live in the community that we saw in the first ep this season. That's probably what Carl meant by mentioning the backyard.

4 - Nah.

To anyone threatening to quit watching.... hey, it's a free country. Anyone afflicted with the pandemic of our American impatience and who doesn't want to use the gray matter is free to watch Idol.

there was a thing on the website for the mitellos bioscience company that showed there are 3 islands. the main island where the survivors are. the small research island where they held Jack. and a very small "Observation" island. dont know if they will reveal more in the future, but those are the ones that we know about.

And what about getting the scoop from Carl instead of giving him relationship advice. :)

Horrible episode. It was only the second time since the show premiered that I just completely hated an episode of Lost. Despite my love for the show I'm afraid that the detractors' point is starting to be made. What a complete waste of time that episode was.

1 - Why does anyone get beat up when they haven't really done anything? There was something about being 'marked' that made people formerly nice to him, kick his ass. I guess it goes with not quite fitting in... or by being the 'great man' others despise that. You could also look back to S1 when he was beat up in the schoolyard flashback.

I took it as more of a response to Jack forcing Achara to mark him.

2 - They weren't watching Jack. They were there for Juliet's trial and surefire execution(?).

3 - Not sure what's meant by this. I think it was Tom who said they don't like coming over to this other jail island. I would guess that most of the time, the Others live in the community that we saw in the first ep this season. That's probably what Carl meant by mentioning the backyard.

4 - Nah.

To anyone threatening to quit watching.... hey, it's a free country. Anyone afflicted with the pandemic of our American impatience and who doesn't want to use the gray matter is free to watch Idol.

LOST is a lot like a Thomas Pynchon novel. Some people, mostly serious literature academics, think Pynchon is one of the best writers ever to grace this earth. However, average readers think his books are too confusing and complicated. I love this show because it does not play to the lowest common denominator and avoids the boring pitfalls of linear plot with clear answers.

I think one was what Jack's tattoo stood for.

i dont think that was one. we have a lot of episodes left and they are going to address Claire and Jack possibly being brother/sister and clear that up, as well as more revelations about the Others.

i dont think this season has even started rolling yet. those bombs will probably be dropped right at the end of the season, like most shows do

Another garbage episode.

This show is RAPIDLY losing my interest. Anyone know of ONE thing, just ONE that we learned in this episode having any relevence to ANYTHING??

I really, really like this show, I am trying hard not to tune out, but at this point, it's getting hard to even remember it's on anymore...