What's the first Super Bowl you REALLY watched?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one I REALLY watched was Eagles-Raiders, but I do have memories of the Steelers last two SBs in the late 70s.
I am no Super Bowl historian, so not sure what order these were in, but remember Steelers vs Cowboys, Rams and I think the Vikings. Also remeber the Cowboys Broncos with Craig Morton at QB.

First real party I remeber going to was freshman year at college in Feb 82

I am no Super Bowl historian, so not sure what order these were in, but remember Steelers vs Cowboys, Rams and I think the Vikings. Also remeber the Cowboys Broncos with Craig Morton at QB.

First real party I remeber going to was freshman year at college in Feb 82

It's kinda weird cause I know my family watched the games when I was really young, and I seem to have broken memories of what we did and what was going on in the games. I know I used to really like Drew Pearson, Tony Dorsett, Danny White, and Randy White....and I can recall lots of times when I watched them play, but I can't remember if that was during their second SB against the Steelers or MNF or what....oh well.

Super Bowl I, I watched it on NBC because I liked the AFL better. I also remember watching the AFC Championship game that was played in the Rockpile on TV & seeing a sign that said "Bills in Super Bowl, Chiefs in soup bowl" Years later when I heard the revisionist history myth that the 1st Super Bowl wasn't called the Super Bowl I knew it was a lie because of the sign at the Rockpile. I looked it up in the library & sure enough, the papers were saying that the Chiefs had just earned a trip to the Super Bowl. All anyone has to do is go to a library & look up a paper on microfilm from 1967 & see everyone referring to the game as the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl XX...Bears vs. Patsies. Just the idea of Ditka's reaction should anyone have dumped Gatorade all over him kept me watching until the end. Even at a young age I knew that no one dared get Iron Mike. ESPN had Super Bowl XX highlights on today and it never gets old watching the most dominant team in recent memory destroy the Pats.