Kiper Chat

Rico

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander (Philly): Is the Bills 12th pick a spot where they should take the best available or can they still address a need?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: I think you have to look at need. You're drafting the best player at a position of need. An Alan Branch could be there. Okoye is one. You could be looking at a CB at some point, perhaps a Leon Hall.

I feel you always draft for need. That is what the draft is for. You 'need' certain positions filled.

Marvs going to throw a total curveball and draft a WR. I got a weird feeling about this. Szmardjia (sp?) could be a Bill by April.

a total curve ball would be to draft a Punter in the first round and a Safety in the second.

I feel you always draft for need. That is what the draft is for. You 'need' certain positions filled.

i disagree. i would draft for "best available".

in this day and age you can get a need filled via Free Agency.

I don't understand this argument...Why wouldn't a CB be an impact player ? The last I checked they were part of the starting 11 on the defense.

because if you watched football you would realize there are certain positions that art not impact positions like CB and Safety....especially with the defensive style the Bills play. There are guys that play CB and Safety that are impact players like Champ Bailey and Polumalu but they are few and far between.

Also if the Bills select a CB with their first pick he most likely wouldnt be starting next year unless Youboty tanks in training camp where a DT would most likely be starting from day one.

last I checked if you pay attention while watching the games you might actually learn something

As of right now, there doesn't appear to be a dominant CB prospect, like a Pac Man Jones. We'll see how Leon Hall runs. If he's just a 4.5x guy as expected, then I wouldn't recommend spending the #12 pick on any CB. I'd prefer they just use the second rounder on a CB because there wouldn't be that much of a dropoff between a first round corner and a second round corner this year.

Now...that is a more sound argument :thumbsup:

I was looking forward to Soccer Okoye, but alas, your link brings up Football Okoye. Still, that cake looks pretty stout. I'll have to live with Wedding Cake Okoye. Besides, the wedding cake looks no worse than Buffalo's uniforms do.

Seriously, though, I'd be happy with Football Okoye Jr at the 12th pick. . He's only 19. NINE FUGGING TEEN! That's alot of football yet to play.

you and me both, buddy. One of many reasons why Mel Kiper irritates the living sh-- out of me. Nobody makes more wrong assessments yet ESPN continues to throw the "genius" tag at him, and he smiles broadly. Is there any word more abused than 'genius'?

Yeah, I think you have to reserve a term like that for a Norman Einstein, or maybe a Gerald Hawking.

because if you watched football you would realize there are certain positions that art not impact positions like CB and Safety....especially with the defensive style the Bills play. There are guys that play CB and Safety that are impact players like Champ Bailey and Polumalu but they are few and far between.

Also if the Bills select a CB with their first pick he most likely wouldnt be starting next year unless Youboty tanks in training camp where a DT would most likely be starting from day one.

last I checked if you pay attention while watching the games you might actually learn something

holy LOL @ you making that argument and then calling someone out as not watching football. youre on a roll today buddy.

Didn't anyone on this board notice that the Bills' first four picks last year were all JUNIORS? Do people think that's a coincidence? Scratch all the seniors offa the list! MAYBE they will draft a senior offensive lineman with their first pick (I doubt it). But if they draft a CB or RB it will DEFINITELY be a junior.

I'm gonna make a list of the top Juniors coming out and post it soon, then we can start talking for real.

Marvs going to throw a total curveball and draft a WR. I got a weird feeling about this. Szmardjia (sp?) could be a Bill by April.

I don't know if it's going to be a WR, but you're right - it's going to be a friggin' curveball. I'm still cleaning the cushion on the sofa from the "Bills select Donte Whitner" stunt. Don't get me wrong, good draft pick...but talk about left field. Who's that tight end from Iowa? They won't pick him in the top spot, but hoo boy would I like to see THAT drop into our lap in the third round.

He will be in Mesa, AZ in March and pitching in the Cubs organization come April.

due to his desire to play baseball, there is no way the Bills draft him at #12.

allegedly he has a chance to be closer with the Cubs- If he is that good there in no way the Cubs let him get abused on a football field.

Actually the Cubbies have him tabbed as a front line starter. He's gotta a 95 MPH+ fastball. The kid has just secured future financial stability for him and his family with his signing bonus. The amount of money he will potentially make in baseball is much higher than the money he will potentially make in the NFL, and he won't have to take any hits as a pitcher. He made the right call. He's a better baseball player than football player and he has the potential to be a top pitcher in the show. The reason he fell to the 5th round was due to the whole football thing. had he not played football he would have been a first rounder or a first round compensation pick. I can't wait to see him playing in Wrigley.

I agree....except in the 1st/2nd round....you draft who you feel has the best chance to run a position on your team for years to come, doesn't necessarily mean its a need now....

3rd and beyond your draft for neeed and depth

I don't know if it's going to be a WR, but you're right - it's going to be a friggin' curveball. I'm still cleaning the cushion on the sofa from the "Bills select Donte Whitner" stunt. Don't get me wrong, good draft pick...but talk about left field. Who's that tight end from Iowa? They won't pick him in the top spot, but hoo boy would I like to see THAT drop into our lap in the third round.

MARSHAWN LYNCH