Kiper Chat

Rico

Xander (Philly): Is the Bills 12th pick a spot where they should take the best available or can they still address a need?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: I think you have to look at need. You're drafting the best player at a position of need. An Alan Branch could be there. Okoye is one. You could be looking at a CB at some point, perhaps a Leon Hall.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander (Philly): Is the Bills 12th pick a spot where they should take the best available or can they still address a need?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: I think you have to look at need. You're drafting the best player at a position of need. An Alan Branch could be there. Okoye is one. You could be looking at a CB at some point, perhaps a Leon Hall.

First off I dont think we are going to retain Nate. Sad to say but I think if Branch and Hall are there we take Hall. The regime took 2 DT and signed one via FA so I dont think they will go DT. But how you pass up on Branch I dont know.

Thanks, a Rico, for bringing us a Mel Kiper view.

I always value the drafniks opinion, perhaps a Promo the Robot could be one? Otherwise an Ed.

A Nick? Perhaps?

Maybe some English? Who knows. Drafting is inexact. If I were the Bills I would go for a Leon Hall - perhaps a Leon Hall from Springfield, MO - or a Leon Hall from El Paso, TX. Either one would be good. That's of course if a Leon Hall from Liberty Hill, SC is taken already. These Leon Halls are good. All of them.

First off I dont think we are going to retain Nate. Sad to say but I think if Branch and Hall are there we take Hall. The regime took 2 DT and signed one via FA so I dont think they will go DT. But how you pass up on Branch I dont know.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.....Tim Anderson the 4th DT will be let go this off season. The run defense was ranked 31st in the league.....A starting DT makes perfect sense...to replace an existing starter and improve that ranking.

Alan Branch is at the top of my wish list but I just dont see him lasting to 12

the Bills always seem to take a CB and I think they do take one early but I hope its not with their first pick, this team needs an impact player that will contribute next year

"An" Alan Branch could be there? Ugh. Pet peeve of mine and it's constantly used by sportscasters.

Assuming there are multiple Alan Branches in this world, which one do you want to draft, the one that played college football, or the 57 year old farmer from Kansas?

Alan Branch is at the top of my wish list but I just dont see him lasting to 12

the Bills always seem to take a CB and I think they do take one early but I hope its not with their first pick, this team needs an impact player that will contribute next year

I don't understand this argument...Why wouldn't a CB be an impact player ? The last I checked they were part of the starting 11 on the defense.

"An" Alan Branch could be there? Ugh. Pet peeve of mine and it's constantly used by sportscasters.

Assuming there are multiple Alan Branches in this world, which one do you want to draft, the one that played college football, or the 57 year old farmer from Kansas?

This one? Alan Branch

This one? Alan Branch (with added benefit of helping arrange logistics for away games)

Alan Branch with experience of coordinating DVD compilations of Southern Alps Ski Club

I don't understand this argument...Why wouldn't a CB be an impact player ? The last I checked they were part of the starting 11 on the defense.

As of right now, there doesn't appear to be a dominant CB prospect, like a Pac Man Jones. We'll see how Leon Hall runs. If he's just a 4.5x guy as expected, then I wouldn't recommend spending the #12 pick on any CB. I'd prefer they just use the second rounder on a CB because there wouldn't be that much of a dropoff between a first round corner and a second round corner this year.

Yeah, but how many Okoye's have you found? Any skiing Okoye's out there? Does Christian Okoye still play football? The Nigerian Nightmare. He would hit the hole like a fugging dump truck full of dump trucks . That would be my vote.

The only thing that has Buffalo in a tough place is the DT's we have on the team now, especially McCargo....we dont know what we really have with him. So drafting a DT, might not happen. Id love to see Alan Branch in Buffalo. But I dont see it happening.

Leon Hall, I dont really know much about. But if I had my choice id just do what it takes to keep Nate.

As of right now, there doesn't appear to be a dominant CB prospect, like a Pac Man Jones. We'll see how Leon Hall runs. If he's just a 4.5x guy as expected, then I wouldn't recommend spending the #12 pick on any CB. I'd prefer they just use the second rounder on a CB because there wouldn't be that much of a dropoff between a first round corner and a second round corner this year.

By the time the draft rolls around, Hall will have dropped to the bottom of round 1.

He may run really, really fast, but he can't cover anybody.

He is overhyped.

He was abused in the big games and by good WRs.

If the Bills draft a CB at #12, it will be Darrelle Revis.

However, the Bills may not be inclined to spend a #1 on a CB in a defense that really de-emphasizes tight coerage by the corners. If Branch is gone, which is likely, Jamal Anderson is a more likely option than a CB. Look for LB like Brandon Siler or a CB in round 2.

Marvs going to throw a total curveball and draft a WR. I got a weird feeling about this. Szmardjia (sp?) could be a Bill by April.

due to his desire to play baseball, there is no way the Bills draft him at #12.

allegedly he has a chance to be closer with the Cubs- If he is that good there in no way the Cubs let him get abused on a football field.

you and me both, buddy. One of many reasons why Mel Kiper irritates the living sh-- out of me. Nobody makes more wrong assessments yet ESPN continues to throw the "genius" tag at him, and he smiles broadly. Is there any word more abused than 'genius'?