The Official 2007 American Idol Thread

Rico

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my interest in the show just took a hit today.....how the FUG did that skinny little no-talent bastage get in the top 12??? Ridiculous.....

Well, my interest in the show just took a hit today.....how the FUG did that skinny little no-talent bastage get in the top 12??? Ridiculous.....

Just look at who's watching and voting for him...teenage girls who think he's cute even though he can't sing! :lol:

I will miss Sundance. :(

That kid reminds me of an Indian Michael Jackson. Everytime he sings a song, it sounds like the Jackson 5 are doing a bad cover of it. Losing Sundance is total BS. What annoys me even more, is that I'm bothered by it. Damn you FOX TV.

That kid reminds me of an Indian Michael Jackson. Everytime he sings a song, it sounds like the Jackson 5 are doing a bad cover of it. Losing Sundance is total BS. What annoys me even more, is that I'm bothered by it. Damn you FOX TV.

Haha we thought the same thing. The little ankle grabber needs to get the boot, and soon.

I have to get back on the AI bandwagon. I watched all the tryout shows, none of the Hollywood week shows and about 5 minutes since then. No Taylor Hicks type singers = boring competition.

I have to make a point to watch it next Tuesday.

I have to get back on the AI bandwagon. I watched all the tryout shows, none of the Hollywood week shows and about 5 minutes since then. No Taylor Hicks type singers = boring competition.

I have to make a point to watch it next Tuesday.

This is probably the weakest season so far, though a few of them have some potential still. Now that we're down to the final 12, I think the shows will get better. There wasn't enough talent this year to cover 24 people singing each week, but with probably two exceptions, the final 12 are pretty good. I still can't believe Sundance got sent home.....I really felt like that guy had something. I think Phil Stacey has the most potential on the guys side, followed by Blake Lewis. On the girls side I really like Jordin Sparks....I think she's got it all, she just needs to have someone help bring out her full potential. Lakesha and Melinda are in a different league, though I can't really get excited about either one.

Just a question...I thought American Idol was for random people to try out their singing talents. So why the hell do we have 2 backup singers competing? Last time i checked, they got paid to sing, making them professionals. I think allowing them in the competition is against the spirit of the show. It should be amateurs only. You can allow vocal or singing coaches, but to allow a pro singer is crazy.

Just a question...I thought American Idol was for random people to try out their singing talents. So why the hell do we have 2 backup singers competing? Last time i checked, they got paid to sing, making them professionals. I think allowing them in the competition is against the spirit of the show. It should be amateurs only. You can allow vocal or singing coaches, but to allow a pro singer is crazy.

I sort of feel the same way. I'm not sure what the criteria are when it comes to that sort of thing, but I would tend to agree with you.

Well Melinda, for example, while being a professional backup singer, had gotten to the point where she didn't have the confidence to think she could ever be a front person, and now she is showing herself, and the pop world otherwise. She is hands down the best singer I have ever seen on Idol. Seriously. She might not have the whole package, but vocally she is strong, accurate, articulate, classy and has a great texture to her voice. She hasn't been off key once in the competition yet.

Sundance was better than the indian kid indeed, but he would have been offed soon enough. He's a powerful singer but has been out of key all over in his lower range and sounds more like a bar singer most times.

Stephanie is also a very talented singer for the girls group.

Well Melinda, for example, while being a professional backup singer, had gotten to the point where she didn't have the confidence to think she could ever be a front person, and now she is showing herself, and the pop worled otherwise. She is hands down the best singer I have ever seen on Idol. Seriously. She might not have the whole package, but vocally she is strong, accurate, articulate, classy and has a great texture to her voice. She hasn't been off key once in the competition yet.

Sundance was better than the indian kid indeed, but he would have been offed soon enough. He's a powerful singer but has been out of key all over in his lower range and sounds more like a bar singer most times.

Stephanie is also a very talented singer for the girls group.

While I like Melinda and want her to win the whole thing don't dismiss Lakisha yet as she's a pretty good singer herself and with the Jennifer Moore comparisons coming in week in and week out she could prove to be some competition. In terms of the guys Blake has to be a fovorite but the bit box riffs in every song could prove tiresome week in and week out which leads me to believe Chris R could end up being the best male.

Diana Ross was suprisingly lucid in her video clips last night. She must have been well medicated.

Lakisha Jones: Very Good. She is a little hard to look at but she has such a great voice.

Melinda Doolittle: Very Good. She received quite a nice response from the crowd.

Chris Sligh: He is my favorite contestant and I actually liked his arrangement.

Phil Stacey: He is a little goofy, but I like him. He doesn't bother me.

Jordin Sparks: I like her but she is a little boring when peforming. She is probably too young make it to the top 3.

Stephanie Edwards: She is good but she didn't do anything to set herself apart from the best.

Gina Glocksen: The only white girl that was worthy of being in the final 24. She the worst of the middle tier but likable.

Blake Lewis: Probably the most talented performer....but he doesn't do anything I like. I don't care for the hip hop, scat nonsense. Plus...his vocals last night were pretty bad.

Chris Richardson: This guy has to go. He isn't a very good singer and his whole Justin Timberlake look is disturbing.

Brandon Rogers: This guy is fortunate that there are two other people on the show that actually suck worse than him.

Haley Scarnato: This was horrible. I think Simon was kind to her just so she wouldn't slit her wrists on live television.

Sanjaya Malakar: The Tranny wasn't the worst last night, but he is EXTREMELY disturbing to look at and watch. HE MUST GO!