The Official 2007 American Idol Thread

Rico

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the show lost its lustre? No posts since the middle of Jan. Top 24 in the hizzy. This was one of the treads I used to look most forward to. I do think they need some new blood other then Paula and Randy...Simon must stay.

Hasn't lost it's lustre for me! And according to this article, it hasn't lost it for anyone else either! :blink:

That being said, I was disappointed in the show last night. With the exception of Phil Stacey and the beatbox guy, I felt the rest of the performances were subpar. These guys really need to pick it up, or else the ladies are going to run away with it. I know there are at least three girls who can really bring it, so tonight should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Jordin Sparks sing tonight....she may be the first young'n since Diana Degarmo to really make a run for the title.

Hopefully tonight will be better than last night!

Hasn't lost it's lustre for me! And according to this article, it hasn't lost it for anyone else either! :blink:

That being said, I was disappointed in the show last night. With the exception of Phil Stacey and the beatbox guy, I felt the rest of the performances were subpar. These guys really need to pick it up, or else the ladies are going to run away with it. I know there are at least three girls who can really bring it, so tonight should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Jordin Sparks sing tonight....she may be the first young'n since Diana Degarmo to really make a run for the title.

Hopefully tonight will be better than last night!

Those are my thoughts exactly.

Call me soft (read gay), but I typically enjoy the guys singing better than the girls (and no I'm not gay). I tivo'd the show and watched the hockey game, but found that I maybe WATCHED a total 20 minutes of the footage - basically to hear the bashings by the judges.

Those are my thoughts exactly.

Call me soft (read gay), but I typically enjoy the guys singing better than the girls (and no I'm not gay). I tivo'd the show and watched the hockey game, but found that I maybe WATCHED a total 20 minutes of the footage - basically to hear the bashings by the judges.

That's about 70% of the reason why I watch the show, too. The human voice is my favorite instrument, and there are usually a handful of contestants who can really belt it out. I love listening to good vocals. Phil Stacey (the last guy who sang) was really the only guy who impressed me with vocals alone. A few of the others have potential, but Phil seems to have an Aiken-esque voice, at least to some degree. I was hoping there would be someone in the mold of Bo Bice and Chris Daughtry, though....I figured that it might be Sundance, but he has been disappointing since his audition.

I REALLY want to hear some strong vocals tonight! J.Sparks is gonna bring it....I can feel it!

Simon sure was pissed at Seacrest last night! "Don't call me sweetheart". Gotta love it. It's week one of the top singers...long way to go boys , better pace yourselves.

Was it me or did Seacrest seem to go out of his way to "prove" he was not gay the whole show.

Simon sure was pissed at Seacrest last night! "Don't call me sweetheart". Gotta love it. It's week one of the top singers...long way to go boys , better pace yourselves.

Seacrest specifically snubbed Simon when he was thanking people (including Randy & Paula).

Sundance better be packed because he's so gone. After a great audition, he's been horrible.

I don't even have to wait until tonight when the women sing to know that Leslie Hunt won't be around next week.

After last night I think the final weeks will be no man's land. The women have to have at least 3 or 4 better singers than we saw last night.

I watched the previous 4 season prior to this but I haven't since and feel the better man for it. Everytime I hear a clip on tha radio or see one on the news channel, I've already seen the stupid act before in a different season. It gets really tired, really quck. Here is the list of American Idol contestants:

Angry black woman-undoubtably ends up screaming at Simon saying he don't know nothin and they will be big stars

Extremely flamboyant gay man-never talented but always trying to steal the show

Cute chick with giant honkers-these girls always last a couple of rounds because AI knows what sells

Dorky white guy faking a horrible performance-it feels like these guys are trying to win a bet with their buddies for "stupidest guy on AI"

Schtick guy-made popular by last years tank of a winner, not real talented but favorites of the older crowd

Fake ass good looking rocker guy-aka Contsantine, Ace, Daughtry or whoever this years version is

Crooner dufus-some teen age boy thinks he is the next Harry Connick Jr., but they always turn out to be more impressionist that singer

I know I'm forgetting some but this is a good sample.

I think that last night was actually "Gay Idol". Almost all 12 looked gay and sang gay songs. Then Ryan and Simon were tossing gay remarks at each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Is that different from any other episode of the show? I've seen parts of it on three occasions and each time it looked like a gay pride fest. I presumed that (and chicks) was the target audience.

I was wrong about Leslie-she's here for at least 1 more week. Top 5 women better than any of the men-Melinda Dolittle, Lakisha Jones, Sabrina Sloan, Stephanie Edwards & Jordin Sparks. One of them is the next Idol. I wouldn't be shocked if the guys are all gone with 5 weeks left.

Worst performance-Alaina Alexander-definitely gone. Either Antonella Barba or Amy Krebs joins her out the door-probably Amy-really stiff performance.

I was wrong about Leslie-she's here for at least 1 more week. Top 5 women better than any of the men-Melinda Dolittle, Lakisha Jones, Sabrina Sloan, Stephanie Edwards & Jordin Sparks. One of them is the next Idol. I wouldn't be shocked if the guys are all gone with 5 weeks left.

Worst performance-Alaina Alexander-definitely gone. Either Antonella Barba or Amy Krebs joins her out the door-probably Amy-really stiff performance.

Agreed on Amy leaving, and then I'll go with Nicole. The hotties like Antonella just don't exit this early :blink:

Wow, some of these babes really brought it tonight....exactly what I was hoping after the crapfest yesterday. As Albany said, the Idol this year is coming from the ladies....no question. The biggest surprise for me tonight was Gina Glockson....I had no idea her voice was that big. Simon was right that she didn't hit that note as well as Celene Dion, but DUH! Celene Dion is one of the greatest contemporary vocalists in the world. Gina was a bit flat, but she still boomed it and I thought it was very impressive. Lakisha just came out and kicked the hell out of it. Seems like I've heard that song quite a bit lately, but no version better than hers. She made that song her little B word and produced some vocals that were absolutely amazing.

I still really like Jordin, and I'm glad they encouraged her to challenge her voice. I think after a month or two of seasoning she'll be among the favorites. I think Haley, Alaina, and Antonella are amazingly hot, but they all need to go.

Good show tonight....I'm actually looking forward to seeing the guys again now, cause I want to see how they respond. Call me crazy, but what we need is BARRY FRIGGIN MANILOW!!! Barry knows how to whip these guys into shape, and I think he could really help a guy like Sundance. If the guys crap the bed again next week, then I hope they REALLY consider having an unbalanced top 12, with Randy's suggestion of 8 women to 4 guys. I want to see the best this show has to offer, and it's clear that the talent has boobs this year.

This is the worst part of the show. No more harsh critcism from the judges and the judges don't have the final say at who make it. THE VOTING SYSTEM IS RIGGED!

Rigged? I think so.

Dang, Anthony Fedorov and Mikalah Gordon were ROBBED OF THEIR AMERICAN IDOL TITLES!!!! ROBBED, I SAY!!!!! This show should be taken off the air IMMEDIATELY!!!

Dialidol numbers say Alaina Alexander, Amy Krebs, Nick Pedro & Paul Kim are gone. Amazingly, Sundance Head got the most votes for the guys. The guys were so bad that the vote for the worst crowd carried the night. Also shocking was Sabrina Sloan's low vote totals-she won't make the top 6 if the votes continue that way & she could be gone as early as next week.

Dialidol numbers say Alaina Alexander, Amy Krebs, Nick Pedro & Paul Kim are gone. Amazingly, Sundance Head got the most votes for the guys. The guys were so bad that the vote for the worst crowd carried the night. Also shocking was Sabrina Sloan's low vote totals-she won't make the top 6 if the votes continue that way & she could be gone as early as next week.

I kept trying to view that info, but I guess my older computer can't handle it....it kept freezing up. Thanks for the feedback! I'm kind of glad to hear that Sundance has a following, cause I'd like to see him have a little time to get his act together.

I kept trying to view that info, but I guess my older computer can't handle it....it kept freezing up. Thanks for the feedback! I'm kind of glad to hear that Sundance has a following, cause I'd like to see him have a little time to get his act together.

Call me crazy, but I liked his performance the other night. As for the girls, I am very surprised about Sabrina. I thought she was easily top 3. Also, I hope Nicole goes in place of Alaina - she is starting to grow on me :wallbash:

Call me crazy, but I liked his performance the other night. As for the girls, I am very surprised about Sabrina. I thought she was easily top 3. Also, I hope Nicole goes in place of Alaina - she is starting to grow on me :wallbash:

I think Alaina is an absolute sweetheart, and hot as hell....I wouldn't mind keeping her around to look at, I suppose :wallbash: Which one is Nicole again?? lol

I'm really WANTING to like sundance. Clearly he's got the chops, so maybe he's just dealing with anxiety or something....I dunno. I just really want him to step into the void left by Bo Bice and Daughtry.....the guy who just brings it every single week. When they showed a clip of Bice's a'cappella performance from season 4 during the audition shows this year, I got totally fired up. That was an AWESOME performance....i want to see THAT sort of thing from at least one of these guys this year. Otherwise it's not going to be as big of a season for me.