The Official 2007 American Idol Thread

Rico

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only interesting thing for me this year is that the truly GIFTED singers may not win. Kiki, Melinda are by far the two best singers but they have no "star quality" in my opinion. I actually think that the kid that beat boxes, I can never remember his name, has the most potential to be a star. At least in the normal age range of the majority of fans. While Melinda is an outstanding talent she has the personality of potato peels. And her bullstojan act of timidness and being so humble is making me sick. I remember earlier in the show when she introduced her "clothing stylist and hair stylist" which were her friends. She's a "diva" but is playing up for the camera now. You can see it a mile away. :D

I agree - she was looking pretty darn good the other night. Reminded me a little of last years' babe - but I forget her name :nana:

Katherine McPhee? She's uber yummy

FINALLY a really good show for this season. Seems like whenever they have a guest star who is willing to work with these guys, the performances are much, much better. That's what happened tonight. Chris R., Blake, Jordin, Lakisha, and Melinda were all awesome, IMO. I have to believe this will end up being the top five, and they all bring a nice mix of talent and style to the show. I've had enough of Gina, Chris S, and Sanjaya....Phil still has good days and bad, and Haley is still hot.

I think Jordin deserves some extra props, too. She's been my favorite since the beginning, and she kicked butt tonight. I hope she continues to bring it and sticks around a while.

I just stopped by to see if Johnny Coli had posted...but, NOOOOOOOOOO!

Is this fuc#ing piece of crap show STILL on the air?

Without Coli, why bother to have the show? :unsure:

:censored:

Up until an hour ago I couldn't have picked Haley out of a police lineup - but holy crap she looked good tonight - I won't forget that...

Up until an hour ago I couldn't have picked Haley out of a police lineup - but holy crap she looked good tonight - I won't forget that...

Yeah she did...very, um, "bouncy" tonight :unsure:

Definitely much better show this time around. Jordin was the best by far tonight.

Bottom 3 for me this week: Chris R., Phil, & Stephanie.

Eliminated: Stephanie

It was tough for me to select a Bottom 3, many of the contestants stepped up their game, including Sanjaya.

It was tough for me to select a Bottom 3, many of the contestants stepped up their game, including Sanjaya.

I thought Sanjaya sucked. Yeah, he showed some personality by jumping around like an ass but he didn't sing for sh--. Remember this is a singing competition and he was horrid. ;)

Last Night I would rate them this way:

11. Gina Glocksen. She butchered Paint It Black. It was just horrible. It was bad enough to rank her lower than the Tranny.

10. Sanjaya Malakar. Creepy kid now has a few gotee hairs growin. Now I am really confused.

9. Phil Stacey. This is a bummer for me because I like Phil. But that was a pretty poor song choice.

8. Chris Richardson. Nasaliest performance of the year. It won't be long before he packs his bags.

7. Haley Scarnato. Holy Moly. <_< Smokin' hot! I wish I had this performance taped so I could watch it again without my wife in the room. I want to roll around naked with her. She looks like Kristy McNichols better looking younger sister.

6. Stephanie Edwards. I like her but she was boring last night.

5. Chris Sligh. My favorite contestant is slipping in my own ratings. Not a good sign. "FRO PATRO!" ;)

4. Blake Lewis. I don't like anything about this kid, but he is talented and there was something about his performance that was pretty awesome.

3. Lakisha Jones. She has the potential to blow everyone out, but it was a boring song last night.

2. Jordin Sparks. Giant head and all was pretty awesome last night.

1. Melinda Doolittle. She sang to perfection last night.

OK....Lets talk about the little creepy kid that cried through the entire show. What the heck was that??!?!!!??!

11. Gina Glocksen. She butchered Paint It Black. It was just horrible. It was bad enough to rank her lower than the Tranny.

10. Sanjaya Malakar. Creepy kid now has a few gotee hairs growin. Now I am really confused.

9. Phil Stacey. This is a bummer for me because I like Phil. But that was a pretty poor song choice.

8. Chris Richardson. Nasaliest performance of the year. It won't be long before he packs his bags.

7. Haley Scarnato. Holy Moly. :lol: Smokin' hot! I wish I had this performance taped so I could watch it again without my wife in the room. I want to roll around naked with her. She looks like Kristy McNichols better looking younger sister.

5. Chris Sligh. My favorite contestant is slipping in my own ratings. Not a good sign. "FRO PATRO!" ;)

4. Blake Lewis. I don't like anything about this kid, but he is talented and there was something about his performance that was pretty awesome.

3. Lakisha Jones. She has the potential to blow everyone out, but it was a boring song last night.

OK....Lets talk about the little creepy kid that cried through the entire show. What the heck was that??!?!!!??!

Nowhere near Coli standards, but thanks for the capsule summary. I like #7 review <_< <_<

PS Is Coli still around, but not watching AI any longer?

7. Haley Scarnato. Holy Moly. ;) Smokin' hot! I wish I had this performance taped so I could watch it again without my wife in the room. I want to roll around naked with her. She looks like Kristy McNichols better looking younger sister.

I was only half watching the TV while working on my computer until Haley came out like a vision - my body seemingly just floated over to sit a few feet from the screen as if I had no control over it. About halfway through I became aware of the fact that I was literally on the edge of my seat staring at the TV and my tongue just might be hanging out with my wife sitting 10 feet away, so I made a conscious effort to cool it. Even then, when Haley was finished I involuntarily let out with "She won't have any trouble making it through this week!" - to which my wife honestly asked "Why?". Then I said something about her "high energy" or something.....

7. Haley Scarnato. Holy Moly. <_< Smokin' hot! I wish I had this performance taped so I could watch it again without my wife in the room. I want to roll around naked with her. She looks like Kristy McNichols better looking younger sister.

While checking to see if Coli had managed to peer out from his hole, I found your summary. Since i don't watch the show, I'm just really looking for funny smack. While it ain't a Johnny C post, I managed to find a nice tidbit or two. Thanks

Obviously, your comment about Haley peaked my...er...interest so I went and looked at a piece of her "performance":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3H0h6dzpU

I've seen more talent at 3rd rate karaoke bars, by drunken passed-over hookers at 3am on a Tuesday morning. If this tone-deaf tramp wins because she managed to give the judges a "side tit" flash under her halter when she snuggled up to the stand, I think there should be an investigation. Perhaps there should be a new show where the performers just lip-sync to bad music (an improvement, if you ask me) and flash their privates to the judges.

I might actually watch that show.

I was only half watching the TV while working on my computer until Haley came out like a vision - my body seemingly just floated over to sit a few feet from the screen as if I had no control over it. About halfway through I became aware of the fact that I was literally on the edge of my seat staring at the TV and my tongue just might be hanging out with my wife sitting 10 feet away, so I made a conscious effort to cool it. Even then, when Haley was finished I involuntarily let out with "She won't have any trouble making it through this week!" - to which my wife honestly asked "Why?". Then I said something about her "high energy" or something.....

Haley is so hot...im sure that outfit reeled her in some votes..

I really think Jordin Sparks is going to win this competition....she has the Idol look to her....and not to mention she has a lot of talent....

Predicted Order of Finish:

1. Jordin Sparks- Her name itself is a catchy one, and will sell CD's instantly

2. Blake Lewis- Unique to the show, Bo Bice-esque if you will, that will carry him to the Finals.

3. Melinda Doolittle- She already has made a name for herself, and she is the best pure singer, but she does not need to win this competition to suceed, plus, isn't she a singer anyway (backup)?

4. Lakisha Jones- Her and Dooittle will split votes, a la Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, and some other girl a couple of years ago, and it will cost her.

5. Haley Scarnato- Looks will carry her for awhile.

6. Chris Sligh- Can he also earn a backup role in Lost? He is good, but not Top 4 good.

7. Phil Stacey- Bald head will help him with being unique, similar to gray haired Hicks, but IMO he will start to lose votes at this point.

8. Stephanie Edwards- Nice girl, good voice, but she does not stand out.

9. Sanjaya Malakar- Believe it or not, I can see him going higher. he is getting like the Rory Fitzpatrick for the NHL All Star Game status...he is so bad that people will vote for him...but trust me, NO way does Idol allow him to win, they will rig the vote before killing the show.

10. Chris Richardson- He is fading fast, will barely hang on.

11. Gina Glocksen- Nothing about her performance was good.

Obviously, your comment about Haley peaked my...er...interest so I went and looked at a piece of her "performance":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3H0h6dzpU

This one I think is less distorted

http://youtube.com/watch?v=smWQRXG7sHg